+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
@sirjoe I see that your Eligibility is changed from RP to RR quite sometime ago. Wondering if you have ordered GCMS notes to know what they are looking for? Have you got an ADR after that? All in all, did they make any progress so far?

Reactions: Adeife23

sirjoe

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
@sirjoe I see that your Eligibility is changed from RP to RR quite sometime ago. Wondering if you have ordered GCMS notes to know what they are looking for? Have you got an ADR after that? All in all, did they make any progress so far?
@phaneeswar130 I already ordered another set of GCMS notes on the 10th of this month. Prior to that, I have spoken to call centre agents and I was told the case analyst left a note on my account to review my spouse open work permit refusal. She was refused only once and we reapplied and she got approved. I honestly don’t know what they are still reviewing.

I have also gone to speak with my MP about this delay and this is the response I got back from her office.

Good afternoon,

As per our conversation, please find below the response we have received from IRCC in regards to your case.

We are pleased to provide you with the following details about the status of the applicant’s submission for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Class :
  • The application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia office on May 7, 2018.
  • The application was transferred to the local IRCC office in Montréal, Quebec on May 31, 2018.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the applicant and their family members (if applicable) meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which they have applied.
    • the eligibility requirements assessment is under review. As such, the processing timesno longer apply. There is no specific time frame for the completion of the application.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until June 6, 2019.
  • The criminality verifications are in process.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • If the application is approved:
    • the applicant and their family members (if applicable) will need to send their passport(s) to the Canadian visa office to obtain the permanent resident visa, and
    • the officer will issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which the applicant and their family members (if applicable) will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.
  • If the application is refused:
    • the officer will send the applicant a refusal letter including instructions to obtain a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if it was already paid.
We hope this information is helpful.

Warm regards,

At this point, I don’t know what to do again other than to pray that God touch them in Montreal to approve our application.

Last edited:

sirjoe

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
@phaneeswar130 Forgot to mention that I have already raised a CSE and attached relevant documents to further explain the previous open work permit refusal after I learnt there was a note on my account about it. I haven’t received any ADR.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Update:
PR Card Received today.......13 days after landing! Unbelievable!!!! Whereas it took Accra 24 days to just stamp passport and print COPR for spouse.

Indeed, VO is solely the reason why many applications are lagging behind. While some persons that applied in September has received PR, applicants as early as April are still waiting. Keeping peoples life on hold! What a big shame!

Although I am happy my process is completed, I still feel the pains you all experience as I was once in your shoes! I can relate very well how it feels as during my time, at the intervals, I feel like the whole world is coming to an end for me. Reading CanadaVisa was somewhat helpful. So please keep the faith, it will surely end well!

And please lets all sign the petition @Adeife23 is promoting.........It will go a long way to awaken Montreal VO!

Seasons Greetings to all!

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Update:
PR Card Received today.......13 days after landing! Unbelievable!!!! Whereas it took Accra 24 days to just stamp passport and print COPR for spouse.

Indeed, VO is solely the reason why many applications are lagging behind. While some persons that applied in September has received PR, applicants as early as April are still waiting. Keeping peoples life on hold! What a big shame!

Although I am happy my process is completed, I still feel the pains you all experience as I was once in your shoes! I can relate very well how it feels as during my time, at the intervals, I feel like the whole world is coming to an end for me. Reading CanadaVisa was somewhat helpful. So please keep the faith, it will surely end well!

And please lets all sign the petition @Adeife23 is promoting.........It will go a long way to awaken Montreal VO!

Seasons Greetings to all!
Wow @Rijo02 Congratulations on receiving your PR card. This is the fastest I have heard. It takes many people weeks.
Thank you for the kind and encouraging words. We hope that some day soon we would join you on the other side.
Season greetings to you and wish you a smooth and successful time as you settle in

Reactions: tobs

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
When I look through immitracker most fsw cases are completed in 3 months for Ottawa, few go beyond that like 4-5 months . Whereas in Montreal below 6 month is rare.. I wonder if Montreal will give excuse that they are meeting 6 month for most people and petition is invalid