+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
When I look through immitracker most fsw cases are completed in 3 months for Ottawa, few go beyond that like 4-5 months . Whereas in Montreal below 6 month is rare.. I wonder if Montreal will give excuse that they are meeting 6 month for most people and petition is invalid
We have no control over their actions. Honestly, I would be happy even if they acknowledge the petition and say it is not valid. Just getting them to acknowledge that we exist is a big win. Right now it feels like for them we don't even exist.

Other than that there is nothing we control. But we need to find every avenue to make sure that we can try and make them listen. Post that it is up to them. And I'm not sure if it is just general apathy or arrogance on their part. May be a mix of both. Today is probably the last day I expect anything to happen. After today it would be futile to hope for anything till Jan 7.

Reactions: maverick1982

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
@phaneeswar130 Forgot to mention that I have already raised a CSE and attached relevant documents to further explain the previous open work permit refusal after I learnt there was a note on my account about it. I haven’t received any ADR.
Man considering Montreal 'lazy' is an understatement.. I think you should call CIC and ask the agent to alert/send a note to the responsible visa officer since you are in the 8th month already. That could hopefully get their attention back to your file.

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
When I look through immitracker most fsw cases are completed in 3 months for Ottawa, few go beyond that like 4-5 months . Whereas in Montreal below 6 month is rare.. I wonder if Montreal will give excuse that they are meeting 6 month for most people and petition is invalid
Even 6 months would be fine. But that was a thing of past.. Something changed since end of November. Now many June applicants are over 6 months.. :(
If the petition draws their attention that processing is slow at Montreal, i think that itself is a win.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Even 6 months would be fine. But that was a thing of past.. Something changed since end of November. Now many June applicants are over 6 months.. :(
If the petition draws their attention that processing is slow at Montreal, i think that itself is a win.
Yep they were following the trend of 5.5 months for PPR till June 2nd week. Post that I don't know why they have stopped working on files. Or may be they are but my file has no indication of being touched.

Reactions: phaneeswar130

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
Yep they were following the trend of 5.5 months for PPR till June 2nd week. Post that I don't know why they have stopped working on files. Or may be they are but my file has no indication of being touched.
In the WA group, there are a handful of guys from June 1st week AOR still waiting too..

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
Has anyone from June called after 6 month completion or raised CSE?
Some did raise a CSE, they got same generic response that 20% cases take more time B.S.
I called them yesterday after completing 6 months.. I was also told the same B.S.....

Reactions: cansha

beball

Dec 19, 2018
AOR in May 2018, it will be 7 months on Friday.
Called on Monday to know that my application has been in Montreal since June. Was told that they are only waiting for the results about standard background check, which can take a few more months! They don't know, because it does not depend on them.
But I have a feeling that they didn't touch my application for a while and started my BKG check only recently, because once it reached Montreal there were no updates at all for 4-5 months. ADR was sent exactly after six months, which looks like they had some notification system and they finally had a look at my application. Even in ADR they say that "We have begun processing your application for permanent residence...".
One guess why it takes so long there is that they initially send to Montreal more complex cases. So, looking forward to some updates in late January -February.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
AOR in May 2018, it will be 7 months on Friday.
Called on Monday to know that my application has been in Montreal since June. Was told that they are only waiting for the results about standard background check, which can take a few more months! They don't know, because it does not depend on them.
But I have a feeling that they didn't touch my application for a while and started my BKG check only recently, because once it reached Montreal there were no updates at all for 4-5 months. ADR was sent exactly after six months, which looks like they had some notification system and they finally had a look at my application. Even in ADR they say that "We have begun processing your application for permanent residence...".
One guess why it takes so long there is that they initially send to Montreal more complex cases. So, looking forward to some updates in late January -February.
I got an ADR after 6.5 months and the letter had the sentence "We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:". I uploaded my docs 6 days after the ADR and my application was approved exactly a month and 2 days after. My eligibility was under review before the ADR and going through my GCMS notes (which I got around 7 days after the ADR) , it appeared to me that my application will be denied. So keep your hopes high.