+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

phaneeswar130

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR in May 2018, it will be 7 months on Friday.
Called on Monday to know that my application has been in Montreal since June. Was told that they are only waiting for the results about standard background check, which can take a few more months! They don't know, because it does not depend on them.
But I have a feeling that they didn't touch my application for a while and started my BKG check only recently, because once it reached Montreal there were no updates at all for 4-5 months. ADR was sent exactly after six months, which looks like they had some notification system and they finally had a look at my application. Even in ADR they say that "We have begun processing your application for permanent residence...".
One guess why it takes so long there is that they initially send to Montreal more complex cases. So, looking forward to some updates in late January -February.
Welcome to the group!
That is so typical of Montreal to wait for 5-6 months to send an ADR and waste time in anyway they possibly can.
Hope we all get PPR's soon!!

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Hello folks,
Even though I have been following this thread closely every day, today i finally decided to actively join the community!
Congratulations to all those who got the PPR, and all the best to those who are waiting for it including me and hats off to those who even after landing and getting the PR card are still actively posting and helping out here!
My aor is aug 10th FSW O, Indian in USA, no of applicant Lonely AKA just me lol. On Oct 15th I called CIC and the agent told me, my file had been transferred to the infamous Montreal office. I was just praying and hoping it would be retained at ottawa, but it did not! The world around me stopped spinning, i dropped the phone on the floor and 5 sec later collapsed on my couch all this in very slow motion, gasping for breath! Just so you guys can relate to the feeling.
Then the lady told me to call back after 2 weeks as there was no update post medical in my profile and she said maybe after two weeks there might be some changes, (My application was filed through a consultant btw) so i called back somewhere around November 1st and another agent told me that my Eligibility was recommended pass ( i believe there is a fine line between pass and met, please correct me if I am wrong here, I wanted to be relieved hearing this but recently i saw RP going to RR for some folks, now wth is this trend ?) but BG check has not started. I once again called them again 2 weeks later November 15th and the agent mentioned the same status, BG check not yet started. It's been 132 days since AOR, online profile is not updated I guess that's normal if its Montreal other than medical pass everything else is the same no change. I have not ordered for GCMS notes and was wondering to order them on Jan 2nd, as per the "State of the art Bar" recently introduced i hit my 6month mark on feb 10th 2019, was thinking if i order in Jan i will probably have better idea of what's going on with the application.
Just thought of sharing my story, maybe it will ease someone who is anxious, so you know i am in the same boat as well.
This wait is the hardest wait of my life. Never have i ever experienced wait to be this painful ! Like @cansha had mentioned in one of the posts, its easy to preach till you actually go through it yourself.
Now at this stage, my only hope and pray is that i don't want to fall into that 20% of applicants and go through the same scenario again of dropping my phone and falling on the couch and bla bla you get where i am going with this!
I hope the petition does its magic, 230+ people signed off, that's great.

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
This is sad though! So January would still be used for June and maybe july can hope for February/March. At this rate.
Someone ordered gcms notes post ppr and mentioned something about group name and number. Saying that applications in the same group are processed about the same time or in chronological order.
Maybe you june candidates still waiting may want to share your group numbers and see or compare with folks who have received PPR. In my last gcms the space for group number is empty

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Good. I hope it comes back with "your file has been approved" You deserve it Cansha
Ha ha thanks. I don’t know about that. My cse was less of a query and more of an emotional rant. I saw a bunch of ghost update reports on September thread and I couldn’t stop myself. It was either cse or email to the minister himself. I don’t know how long I can hold myself before I email the minister now.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
This is sad though! So January would still be used for June and maybe july can hope for February/March. At this rate.
Someone ordered gcms notes post ppr and mentioned something about group name and number. Saying that applications in the same group are processed about the same time or in chronological order.
Maybe you june candidates still waiting may want to share your group numbers and see or compare with folks who have received PPR. In my last gcms the space for group number is empty
What makes it worse is that many are transferred files so even if aor is July ,the r10 or transfer was done in August..

Axwell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
Me and my buddy decided to embark on this journey together, we even gave IELTS on the same date, my ITA was 2 weeks later to his ITA. He had his AOR as Aug 1st and mine was Aug 10th. His file was processed at Ottawa from start to end with timely updates on ip1 and ip2 and all that good stuff reflecting in his portal, while i was biting my nails with no information except meds.
Yesterday evening he got his PPR email at 05:00 pm PST. It marks 141 days into the process for him. I am genuinely happy for him, while i am still biting my nails here. How can one office be this worse than the rest of the VO's!

Reactions: annevn8

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Ha ha thanks. I don’t know about that. My cse was less of a query and more of an emotional rant. I saw a bunch of ghost update reports on September thread and I couldn’t stop myself. It was either cse or email to the minister himself. I don’t know how long I can hold myself before I email the minister now.
Hmmn. I imagine that these days are very tough for you considering the rain of PPRs from many VOs. NdVO, Sydney, Ottawa... Dealing with this Montreal wait is not for the faint hearted. Someone said that an agent told him that VOs too have deadlines to meet and so they are working hard. If they truly have supervisors and a performance evaluation mechanism put in place then Montreal for one should be reprimanded especially since other VOs are doing all they can to be close to their yearly target. I don't know what we must have done to deserve this horrible VO but I know that we will all smile eventually and look back on these days. I found that I started thinking negative so I am consciously feeding my thoughts with postive stuffs so I don't break down. Please do same

Reactions: beball and tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Congrats to everyone who received PPR

Guys, please if you have not signed the petitition please spare a minute to do so.

Hello everyone and welcome new members, Please kindly support us to sign this petition to alert IRCC about slow processing of our applications. Please do sign. Though it has a specific VO, it's for the agenda of drawing their attention to the slow processing by VOs

http://chng.it/ytfWTD7y

You can sign anonymously.

We are at 235 now!

Thank you!
I'm thinking that you should join some of those post PPR WhatsApp groups and ask them to sign the petition. They may be more willing to sign since their applications have been approved and then you can get the 500 signatures quicker

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
I got a good feedback when I posted in facebook groups but then again my name was showing and I started getting crazy messages from people asking me if its my right. I had to delete the posts. I don't want anyone reporting me especially since my fb page carries my real name and surname

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Did you try calling them? Maybe there is a change , happy news waiting