+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mon Project : Cap-exempt applicants

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Thank you for quick Response APPNOV2014NY

I haven't created Express Entry Profile yet and wanted to check if it's allowed to apply at the both places(QSW and EE)

Any idea on other applicants applied during the same time frame of mine(July 2016) got the document checklist.

I have tried to reach MIDI today and looks like they have holiday.

Thanks

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
NMontD said:
Thank you for quick Response APPNOV2014NY

I haven't created Express Entry Profile yet and wanted to check if it's allowed to apply at the both places(QSW and EE)

Any idea on other applicants applied during the same time frame of mine(July 2016) got the document checklist.

I have tried to reach MIDI today and looks like they have holiday.

Thanks
You can apply for both QSW and EE but can submit Federal PR application using only one stream. No I do not know if July cap-exempt applicants have received document checklist or not. You will need to check past posts in this thread.

tombo83

Sep 25, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Time to update my status.

Finally, we have received our CSQ certificates !!!
I will share my experience. Maybe it will help someone in the future.

As I was mentioning in my previous posts we received an invitation for an interview. As there was not enough information on the forum and this thread I started chatting with 2 people who went for the interview and they provided me some useful information.
The interview took the full hour. I'm used to tough meetings (working as a VP) but I have to say that it was really demanding. There was a lot of questions why we want to stay and live in QC (the same question was asked at least 3 times in a different way). We were on the interview because of lack of FR language (because I'm working on a management position).
We were asked about how we found a job here, what our kids are doing, in which school they are, why we didn't learn FR (I explained that I tried to enroll in the FR class but I need to have CSQ certificate first, in the school they told me that my CAQ certificate will not work, I have to pay in full for the course). We were also asked what we are planning to do in QC.
Basically, you need to convince the immigration officer that you are the right person and you will create value...

Now important part... in the invitation for the interview, there was ZERO info about supporting documents that you need to bring with you. It's only stating that you need to bring original documents that you submitted (to review). YES, they will check this but we were also asked about:
- Letter from employer
- Proof that we are leaving in QC now (we gave our pay slips)
- References (we gave a letter from a Daycare, we have good relation with the teacher). You can bring your HydroQuebec bill or the lease agreement.
Make sure you will make copies because they are going to take the documents.

At the end, we received info that decision can't be made now and we need to wait up to 2 weeks for a mail.
After 1 week nothing came so I called and we were informed that our CSQ was issued and mailed to us. After another week we still didn't receive it (in the meantime I called them a couple of times to figure out which address they used to mail it, beware as they are not able to provide this info, you just need to wait). After 2 weeks I sent them a letter asking for the duplicate with the mailing address and info when CSQ was issued (when you are requesting for a duplicate it's important to provide this information).
On 28th (!!! Holiday time) we received our duplicates by mail (registered mail !!!)

Advice:
Don't ignore the interview. Be prepared and take as much of supporting documents as possible.

Hopefully, this will help someone in the future.

Happy New Year !!!

tombo83

Sep 25, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2 more things to continue your PR application:

- PR package:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EQ7TOC.asp#EQ73
EVERYTHING IS THERE, just find time to read it

- If you want to extend your WP
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/quebec/renewal.asp

I already have PR package ready and paid (sending to Sydney on Wednesday) and hopefully in January I will be able to do a flagpole to extend the WP (this way I don't need to wait and I can deal with extension of my WP in 1 day).

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Hello Friends,

Please let me know anyone among you who have submitted the MONIT Application online(CAP Exempt only) on and after July 2016 got the document checklist.

Thanks

genconian13

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2017
Hi everyone
I have a question. I had my csq in oct, sent federal in nov. now waiting for AOR. But now I'm moving to a new address in Montreal. How can I update my address with CIC. Do I need to update address with MIDI as well?

montreal06@

Star Member
Sep 16, 2016
APPNOV2014NY said:
Hello Tombo - Congrats and Thanks for sharing your experience. :)

hi friends , help me,i am June 2016 applicant,i am waiting for documents list,but my passport will expire in July 2017,advise me i can apply for renew my pasport before documents list or not,if yes which way i can inform to MIDI for my new passport.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
POLYNING said:
Yes, generally I calculate and track the processing time using the website below.
https://tableaudelais.immigrer.com/index.php?page=1

this week ,there is no any new AOR. maybe they issue them at one time on friday
Hello POLYNING,

I see one more AOR here:

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
APPNOV2014NY said:
Hello POLYNING,

I see one more AOR here:
Thanks, no Aor yet. The Sept. applicants almost reach 4 months waiting time. :-\

highheel987

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017
Passport Req..
06-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-11-2017
POLYNING said:
Thanks, no Aor yet. The Sept. applicants almost reach 4 months waiting time. :-\

Getting tense now. more than 4 months now no AOR.
Hope by next week we might have some good news.

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POLYNING said:
one of my friends also has 3 months to increase the points (from 48 to more than 49). But his situation is different because his master degree was only given 10 points. He wrote a letter to explain this problem last week. still waiting the response....

my friends told me that this CSQ was issued yesterday (2017-01-04)(known by call).

osanam

Apr 13, 2015
Hello Everyone, I got document list request yesterday 11th January 2017. I applied in August 2016 first week when I was a student. But now one week back I mean in December 2016 my studies got completed. But they have mentioned in the documents list that send them also letter of attestation that i am enrolled, time left to completed degree and credits earned already. My Question is that now i am not able to answer all these question to them because degree is completed. Can anyone explain in detail what should i do now ?

kham

Jun 22, 2016
osanam said:
Hello Everyone, I got document list request yesterday 11th January 2017. I applied in August 2016 first week when I was a student. But now one week back I mean in December 2016 my studies got completed. But they have mentioned in the documents list that send them also letter of attestation that i am enrolled, time left to completed degree and credits earned already. My Question is that now i am not able to answer all these question to them because degree is completed. Can anyone explain in detail what should i do now ?
its better to apply to Programme de l'expérience québécoise (PEQ), you will get your CSQ in less than a month
could you share you area of training please ? are you studying phd ?