+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistakes on application forms that have already sent?

govindkori

Feb 22, 2020
Hello everyone,
does any of you have any experience Nox Vidmate VLC in correcting application forms that have already been sent?
I sent in my app 3 weeks ago and I found I made two mistakes on two different forms, one is on sponsor's form and one is on PR app form. I still havent received AOR yet, should I wait until i get my reference number or should i send them a letter/updated forms before they find out the mistakes and send them back?

Thanks

I put my signature on a form that should have been my husband's. how do u do case specific inquiry ? plz help

Last edited:

Mahrafff

Oct 9, 2019
Hello everyone,
does any of you have any experience in correcting application forms that have already been sent?
I sent in my app 3 weeks ago and I found I made two mistakes on two different forms, one is on sponsor's form and one is on PR app form. I still havent received AOR yet, should I wait until i get my reference number or should i send them a letter/updated forms before they find out the mistakes and send them back?

Thanks
Hello, I know it has been a while since your application case. However, I’m in a same situation and I need your help. Would you please let me know how it went with your case? How did you correct the information?
I appreciate your help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I incorrectly mentioned the name of my previously worked company and I realized this few days after I got a AOR.

My original name of the company is "ABC Contracting LLC DBA XYZ" (company generally refers as XYZ). But by mistake, I mentioned "ABC Consulting LLC DBA XYZ" (Consulting instead of Contracting) in the profile, application after ITA and LOE. However, I am not claiming points for this as I worked for just three weeks and the NOC was different.
Since the name of the company on most of the documents is XYZ, I mentioned the same in LOE. However, I made the same mistake in LOE and mentioning "Consulting" instead of "Contracting". I am not sure what I should be doing to rectify the company's name in submitted application? Should I raise a webform and let them know?
You've posted in the wrong section of the forum. Suggest you post to the Express Entry section.

Papis

Jan 26, 2021
Hi All.

I just submitted an application to sponsor my wife.
I am realising that I did not write her name (by hand) in the space provided in the final portion of the IMM 0008 where it asks for her consent to release information to the province for purposes of immigration .
Could this error cause the submission to be rejected?
Do i need to correct it,, ? or it's not decisive .

Thanks

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Almost certain will be returned. Signatures are extremely important. Hope the best for you though.

margeshparmar

Feb 15, 2021
Hello,
I need help, i have made one small mistake in my pr application. While adding my backhome education details, there was a question asking that “was applicant earn canadian degree during this period “ . I misunderstood this question and thought that this is asking to equivalent Canadian degree. So instead of NO I selected YES. But i have submitted my WES credentials so it provides that i do not have Canadian degree. Now i am worried as I cannot change my application because I received AOR. Will it cause rejection of my app. It’s been 4 months now after I received AOR.
Please advice.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,
I need help, i have made one small mistake in my pr application. While adding my backhome education details, there was a question asking that “was applicant earn canadian degree during this period “ . I misunderstood this question and thought that this is asking to equivalent Canadian degree. So instead of NO I selected YES. But i have submitted my WES credentials so it provides that i do not have Canadian degree. Now i am worried as I cannot change my application because I received AOR. Will it cause rejection of my app. It’s been 4 months now after I received AOR.
Please advice.
Relax. It's an obvious mistake of no consequence for a spousal sponsorship.

If you're worried, you can Send a webform to them that you noticed the mistake,apologies etc.

margeshparmar

Feb 15, 2021
Relax. It's an obvious mistake of no consequence for a spousal sponsorship.

If you're worried, you can Send a webform to them that you noticed the mistake,apologies etc.
Hello,
This is not a spousal sponsorship. This is for my PR application. That is the reason of worry.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,
This is not a spousal sponsorship. This is for my PR application. That is the reason of worry.
You are posting in the family sponsorship section. You should post in the relevant forum here where someone could comment.

The key is if it is a material mistake that would change how the examining officer would evaluate your application.

I suspect it will only look like a mistake since you didn't actually show any Canadian education or degree it will be understood.

BUT: no matter the circumstances and details, you are better off correcting the mistake by submitting a revised form, and doing it soon.

Reactions: YVR123