+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

NorthwardCA

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
We're about to send in our PPR. Has anyone here gone through the regular postal service to do it? I've seen on here that most people have used FedEx. But I'm wondering if we can go through the regular United States Postal Service. Thanks for your help!
If you're sending your PP to Canada and are expecting your PPR to be returned in an envelope on which you've stuck USPS postage, that's not going to happen.

USPS isn't CanadaPost. If you put a US Stamp on that return envelope, it can't be mailed in Canada. Even if they tried, Canada Post would just reject it. The postage needs to be from the country it's mailed in. In this case, it would need to be Canadian postage.

More importantly, the instructions explicitly state that you should use a courrier service and NOT regular mail. (Even within Canada they say to use Canada ExpressPost, not regular mail). Having made it this far in your application process, I wouldn't get cavalier at this stage, when they're about to mail you the thing you've waited months for. You want the accountability of tracking from Courrier companies envelopes.

In short, could your PPR get back to you from Canada if your Self-Addressed envelope had US postage on it? No.

Could your PPR get back to you if it had Canadian postage on it, instead of using a courrier? It's possible but by no means guaranteed. I wouldn't take that chance, myself.

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
June 2017 Mississauga applicant here. Finally, received my Passport Request email an hour ago. So excited!!! Finally the end is here. For a straight forward case, my application processing took a bit longer than the average Mississauga applicant (9 months and 5 days between Application Received and PPR). However, I'm just really relieved it got done before the 12 month mark. Hoping to be able to move to Canada by the beginning of June.

Application Received: June 9, 2017
AOR1: July 7, 2017
Schedule A & PCC Request: July 10, 2017
Sponsor Approval: July 20, 2017
AOR2 (Mississauga VO): August 29, 2017
Medical Request: September 1, 2017 | Medical Done: September 18, 2017 | Medical Passed: September 29, 2017
GCKEY Background Check "In Process": March 9, 2018
ECAS "Decision Made": March 9, 2018
PPR: March 14, 2018

NorthwardCA

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
June 2017 Mississauga applicant here. Finally, received my Passport Request email an hour ago. So excited!!! Finally the end is here. For a straight forward case, my application processing took a bit longer than the average Mississauga applicant (9 months and 5 days between Application Received and PPR). However, I'm just really relieved it got done before the 12 month mark. Hoping to be able to move to Canada by the beginning of June.

Application Received: June 9, 2017
AOR1: July 7, 2017
Schedule A & PCC Request: July 10, 2017
Sponsor Approval: July 20, 2017
AOR2 (Mississauga VO): August 29, 2017
Medical Request: September 1, 2017 | Medical Done: September 18, 2017 | Medical Passed: September 29, 2017
GCKEY Background Check "In Process": March 9, 2018
ECAS "Decision Made": March 9, 2018
PPR: March 14, 2018
Congrats! Very happy for you :)

Reactions: jptskt

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
13 days from the 1 year mark, hoping I hear something very SOON

Getting very discouraged

Reo1

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Hi all! I'm an October applicant. Just received pre-arrival letter from CIC this morning! GC Key has changed to BGC in process, and ECAS shows DM. This was all so unexpected and it just so happened to fall on me and my wife's 15 months of marriage -- so this is extra special :) Hoping to receive my PPR soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadian.In.NZ.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
:( Hang in there! Hopefully some movement will happen soon.
Hopefully! Our additional docs were sent to the responsible officer on March 1st. Hopefully not long now

rajeshsharma11

Feb 11, 2017
Hi All,
I have landed in Canada 2 months back and need to initiate the family sponsorship (family is Outside Canada)
1. Firstly, i have understood is a paper based process (unlike express entry). Please correct if i am right.
2. Do I need to be on salary/job in order to show funds. Because i have not got any job offer yet. Besides, I have maintained necessary funds in Bank accounts as per CIC family guidelines.?
3. Regarding PCC: Do i need to send original copy of PCC to CIC office for my spouse.
4. Lastly, I had applying for my PR as unaccompanied, where my spouse and child details were also provided to CIC such as Medical, PCC and personal, travel history and they were also given UCI number. Does this help in expedite the process for their (family) PR application now.

Please provide your suggestions.

Thanks,

Reactions: gagan1809

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi guys. I got my PPR email a few days ago. My question is, can my Canadian husband mail my documents and the pre-paid return envelope from Canada and and write down his mailing address as the return address? This is the same address that is listed as Sponsor's address in our application.

Last edited:

trackgal1

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Hi guys. I got my PPR email a few days ago. My question is, can my Canadian husband mail my documents and the pre-paid return envelope from Canada and and write down his mailing address as the return address? This is the same address that is listed as Sponsor's address in our application.
Yes, this is what I did and it worked just fine.

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Yes, this is what I did and it worked just fine.
Thank you so much for your response. I was a bit worried about whether the address on the return label HAD to be the Principal Applicant's mailing address as listed in the application forms. Your reply put me at ease. Once, again thank you so much.

trackgal1

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Thank you so much for your response. I was a bit worried about whether the address on the return label HAD to be the Principal Applicant's mailing address as listed in the application forms. Your reply put me at ease. Once, again thank you so much.
No worries. They don't really care where they're sending it to, as long as you provide an address. It says so in the directions, but make sure nothing is filled out on the prepaid canada post envelope. They put stickers on with the mailing info once it gets to the visa office (or at least ours did).

Reactions: jptskt

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
No worries. They don't really care where they're sending it to, as long as you provide an address. It says so in the directions, but make sure nothing is filled out on the prepaid canada post envelope. They put stickers on with the mailing info once it gets to the visa office (or at least ours did).
Sure. Will make sure not to fill out the pre-paid Canada Post return envelope. Thanks once again. :):D

agnesjames

Nov 6, 2012
FOX CREEK ALBERTA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2018
Hi guys,please i need your advise.how to contact mississauga centre to ask for more days more medical?do i need to sent letter or can i just call imigration?and anyone know the number of mississauga ?