Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
Thanks @betterthanyoko . That helps. I'm not so much losing patience as engaging in your run of the mill doubts of "what if it gets lost, what if I have to resend and it's outside the 30 day window, what if... what if...?

But I'll wait another week before contacting them. That will still give me a window to do another round of photos and copies and send them off before the 30 days are up.

So, as you can see, not anxious at all... ;)
dont fret. they received your package if fedex said they did...so youre inside the 30 days. give them time to resend.. no need to worry about the 30 day limit as youve already sent it in. im sure youll receive it soon enough :) Ottawa is also issuing COPR for some special outland cases from Mississauga that were meant to go to other VOs so they could be issuing COPR in batches. youve done all you can do..trust in the process.

spend this time looking at how to bring your stuff across the border...you know the fun stuff :p

Reactions: NorthwardCA

NorthwardCA

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
dont fret. they received your package if fedex said they did...so youre inside the 30 days. give them time to resend.. no need to worry about the 30 day limit as youve already sent it in. im sure youll receive it soon enough :) Ottawa is also issuing COPR for some special outland cases from Mississauga that were meant to go to other VOs so they could be issuing COPR in batches. youve done all you can do..trust in the process.

spend this time looking at how to bring your stuff across the border...you know the fun stuff :p
Wise advice! Thanks :)

Reactions: betterthanyoko

dimples7881

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
I have a question, my application says they started processing it on Nov,15,2017. They put on the online account. Now apparently they sent me an email DEC, 20th wanting to verify my income, so I never knew this until I got my MP involved in it as I never received correspondence from them since Nov 16&17 asking for additional documents for something else which they recieved. So now when my MP called them she found out about this document on Feb, 5? Stating they needed verification of income, so I sent it in actually she sent it in on Feb,14th I had my sponsor approval Feb 16th 2018. So my husband and step daughter have been asked to do there medical from Feb 20th, they go March 12th as it was the only opening. So anyways I go onto his online account and its now saying THEY STARTED PROCESSING my husbands application as of march 8, 2018?? Does this mean they will start calculating the 12 months from when they started his or WHEN THEY PUT under my UCI, Nov 15?? They started processing our application??? Why do we have 2 different dates of when they started processing this 1 application??? I'm soooo confused. Because when immigration updated my online account under the sponsor UCI they had the email wrong that's why I never recieved their email wanting verification in DEC, which I looked through allllll papers not once was my email written wrong, so technically its their mistake and further more from NOV would mean we are already 4 months into the processing time??!! Will call my MP on Monday as immigration made mistake not us, so how can they make my application go for 17 months in total if there calculating it from MARCH, 2018??! This isn't right at all.
Outland sponsorship.. Please anyone know??? Which date they would have to follow?? I assumed application processing time begins once they start the processing of eligibility to sponsor?? Helppppp please.. Thanks in advance.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I have a question, my application says they started processing it on Nov,15,2017. They put on the online account. Now apparently they sent me an email DEC, 20th wanting to verify my income, so I never knew this until I got my MP involved in it as I never received correspondence from them since Nov 16&17 asking for additional documents for something else which they recieved. So now when my MP called them she found out about this document on Feb, 5? Stating they needed verification of income, so I sent it in actually she sent it in on Feb,14th I had my sponsor approval Feb 16th 2018. So my husband and step daughter have been asked to do there medical from Feb 20th, they go March 12th as it was the only opening. So anyways I go onto his online account and its now saying THEY STARTED PROCESSING my husbands application as of march 8, 2018?? Does this mean they will start calculating the 12 months from when they started his or WHEN THEY PUT under my UCI, Nov 15?? They started processing our application??? Why do we have 2 different dates of when they started processing this 1 application??? I'm soooo confused. Because when immigration updated my online account under the sponsor UCI they had the email wrong that's why I never recieved their email wanting verification in DEC, which I looked through allllll papers not once was my email written wrong, so technically its their mistake and further more from NOV would mean we are already 4 months into the processing time??!! Will call my MP on Monday as immigration made mistake not us, so how can they make my application go for 17 months in total if there calculating it from MARCH, 2018??! This isn't right at all.
Outland sponsorship.. Please anyone know??? Which date they would have to follow?? I assumed application processing time begins once they start the processing of eligibility to sponsor?? Helppppp please.. Thanks in advance.
There are 2 applications. One to be a sponsor and one to be spomsorwd. The date will be fromthe day they received the application

dimples7881

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
There are 2 applications. One to be a sponsor and one to be spomsorwd. The date will be fromthe day they received the application
I got acknowledement on Oct, 2, 2017.. And seen on our online starting processing application Nov 15, 2017. But we've had to hand in different documents does that make a difference?? Then now that they approved me for sponsorship because they entered my email in wrong I didn't get email with the document they needed to finalize my approval from DEC ,20, 2017 to be sponsor, they approved me Feb 16,2018 to sponsor, so now we see therw saying now my husbands application started process on march 8th. Will they go from my AOR?? DATE?? OR DATe that they said they started processing on Nov 15? Or will they try and go with my husband's march 8? For the 12 months there to finalize it in?? If they go fr the march date means by the final landing of my husband coming to Canada it would have been 17 months. What the hell?? I'm so stressed and confused.. They do their medicals on Monday, so only thing left is interview if they request and passport request . my husband's police certificate is in as well. So how can it take them 17 monthsl???? Help

NorthwardCA

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hi,

They count the timelines from the time the application was received. It should say in your CIC GCKey login what date they received your application, They definitely start counting before AOR and before In Process. So your timeline has begun, you don't need to worry about that.

That being said, the timelines are just a guideline, they try to complete 80% of outland spousal application in a 12 month window and inland in 14 months. That means most people are completed in less time that that. But it also means that 20% of applications will take longer than that. And no one knows up front which will take longer. If they need more documents or if a case is complicated it may take longer.

No one can tell you exactly how long it will take. If Permanent Residency is something you want, you just need to apply and commit to the process.

Good luck.

dimples7881

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hi,

They count the timelines from the time the application was received. It should say in your CIC GCKey login what date they received your application, They definitely start counting before AOR and before In Process. So your timeline has begun, you don't need to worry about that.

That being said, the timelines are just a guideline, they try to complete 80% of outland spousal application in a 12 month window and inland in 14 months. That means most people are completed in less time that that. But it also means that 20% of applications will take longer than that. And no one knows up front which will take longer. If they need more documents or if a case is complicated it may take longer.

No one can tell you exactly how long it will take. If Permanent Residency is something you want, you just need to apply and commit to the process.

Good luck.
Thank you for the response, I'm just confused why 3 different dates were " process started" dates, they received my application Oct, 2, ,2017. I'm wondering what they meant then under the sign in tool is where I check the status if our application started processing .... My husbands name on march 8th, when they had it since Oct, and have requested medicals. I'm just stressed. Ugh
Oh and was wondering if having to hand in requested documents makes it restart a new processing date? Or that doesn't make a difference long as there in by the dates immigration give to have them in by? Which we always do and way before the date they demand them by.

NorthwardCA

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Thank you for the response, I'm just confused why 3 different dates were " process started" dates, they received my application Oct, 2, ,2017. I'm wondering what they meant then under the sign in tool is where I check the status if our application started processing .... My husbands name on march 8th, when they had it since Oct, and have requested medicals. I'm just stressed. Ugh
Oh and was wondering if having to hand in requested documents makes it restart a new processing date? Or that doesn't make a difference long as there in by the dates immigration give to have them in by? Which we always do and way before the date they demand them by.
There is no notion of restarting a timeline. Your application was received when it was received.

The point of the timelines is to give you a sense of how long your application MIGHT take. But they aren't guarantees, they're just informational. So, if you've got a lot of back and forth and new materials to send in that have to be reviewed, or contacts to be made, then your application is by definition taking longer and you may find yourself be at the longer end of the estimate than someone who has no follow ups and breezes through.

I wouldn't get married to the timeline, it will take the time it takes. Most folks are lucky and it takes less than 12 months, but for other folks it takes longer. No guarantees, just a process.

Good luck.

cupsndimps

Jan 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-11-2017
Doc's Request.
15-01-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
23-01-2018
Med's Done....
05-02-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2018
Hi all,

I have a question about PPR even though I haven't got it yet and my status is in BGC.
I applied as "living in Canada but applying from outside" in order to go back and stay in my country for a while. Now the visa process is happening faster than I expected so I think I'll still be in Japan when I will get the PPR. In that case, should I send all the docs to my partner who lives in Canada and ask him to send the docs with Xpress-post return envelope since I cannot get the envelope from Canada Post here? Or can I get the return envelope sent to me in advance then send the docs from here with a carrier in Japan? I'm sure what could be options here...Any ideas?

Thank in advance!

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
12 days since my additional documents were received. Really really hoping I hear something this week

Reactions: jptskt and Reo1

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Hi all,

I have a question about PPR even though I haven't got it yet and my status is in BGC.
I applied as "living in Canada but applying from outside" in order to go back and stay in my country for a while. Now the visa process is happening faster than I expected so I think I'll still be in Japan when I will get the PPR. In that case, should I send all the docs to my partner who lives in Canada and ask him to send the docs with Xpress-post return envelope since I cannot get the envelope from Canada Post here? Or can I get the return envelope sent to me in advance then send the docs from here with a carrier in Japan? I'm sure what could be options here...Any ideas?

Thank in advance!
theyll ask you to go to the VAC in your country and submit it as you are considered outland... if you were living in canada, you could submit it to CPC Ottawa

Reactions: cupsndimps

Reo1

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
PP/PPR Turn Around Question:

We received Passport Request on Feb 19 and we FedEx-ed everything off (passport photocopy and return envelope) to Ottawa on March 5. Our packaged was received and signed for on Tuesday March 6.

Now I'm waiting for them to use the return Fed Ex envelope, but so far nothing (which I'm tracking on the FedEx site).

How long did it take for folks to receive the returned documents back after submitting the photos and passport photocopy?

I see a lot of folks have PPR (returned) 4 days after PP - so I would have expected them to send it back this week, but perhaps it varies?

Insights are welcomed.
Is it the PA or the sponsor who gets the PPR?

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
We're about to send in our PPR - mailing passport copy from USA to Ottawa. Has anyone here gone through the regular postal service to do it? I've seen on here that most people have used FedEx. But I'm wondering if we can go through the regular United States Postal Service, and if creating a return pre-paid shipment between Canada/US is feasible through regular postal service. Thanks for your help!

Last edited: