Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
MP made an inquiry for us yesterday. Everything still the same. Our additional documents were received on March 6. Should I be concerned nothing has happened yet?

preetigupta17

Apr 24, 2017
Date application received: September 6, 2017
Medical Process completed in Nov and approved.
Submitted FBI report on Feb 16, 2018. No updates or change in status after submission.
Application status : We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results : You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents : Not applicable.
Interview : You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics : We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Is there a way to tell if I was selected for the OB570 thing or if I'm in Mississauga because I'm currently studying in the States or because I already have a file in Ottawa from my Canadian TRV. Or a combination of all three reasons?

I'd typically have been processed at Accra, a notoriously backlogged VO. Is there a chance they may change their minds and send me off there? I sent an LoE regarding an error regarding the dates of my wife's visits recently and I'm wondering if that's going to make my case complicated and cause mississauga to let me go.

Last edited:

msajed

Star Member
Sep 8, 2009
Can visa officer reject the visa if sponsor person took social assistant 9 years ago, my cousin file approved from Canada and file send to visa office for further professing and he is kind of worry.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Is there a way to tell if I was selected for the OB570 thing or if I'm in Mississauga because I'm currently studying in the States or because I already have a file in Ottawa from my Canadian TRV. Or a combination of all three reasons?

I'd typically have been processed at Accra, a notoriously backlogged VO. Is there a chance they may change their minds and send me off there? I sent an LoE regarding an error regarding the dates of my wife's visits recently and I'm wondering if that's going to make my case complicated and cause mississauga to let me go.
It definitely doesn't have anything to do with the TRV. If you are currently living in the States, that is most likely why. All US applicants are being processed in Mississauga. I wouldn't be concerned about the LoE. I think you are overthinking :)

Reactions: Forte

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
It definitely doesn't have anything to do with the TRV. If you are currently living in the States, that is most likely why. All US applicants are being processed in Mississauga. I wouldn't be concerned about the LoE. I think you are overthinking :)
Ok thank you. I just need this process to end.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Can visa officer reject the visa if sponsor person took social assistant 9 years ago, my cousin file approved from Canada and file send to visa office for further professing and he is kind of worry.
If the file has already been sent onto the VO for further processing, that means the sponsor was already approved and they will not be looking at that information again.

NorthwardCA

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
On the Fedex website right now. Kind of unsure on how I go about picking out the proper selection for my return envelope. Anyone? Mailing from California.
Hi Reo,

As KBH said, it's about four sheets of paper that they send back.

The main thing for me, mailing from the US, was that I wanted to be sure that the FedEx return envelope was properly labeled. So I used a FedEx "letter" sized envelope (technically it's a little bigger than letter) as my return envelope. And then I put that, along with the PP and photographs into a FedEx "legal sized" envelope. The nice thing about the FedEx legal size is that it actually has some give in the sealing flap to accommodate the FedEx letter envelope.

Also, I totally agonized over this too, and I just want to let you know, if you've already sent something and it's a different configuration from what I sent, it will still all be okay :)

Reactions: Reo1

Kanchan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
Hi,
I'm also stuck at this medical issue. My and my children's medical reports were sent to CIC by our panel physician on the 12th of March. I have the copies of tracking sheets which were emailed to me by the physician. We had received an email suggesting us for medical exams on the 20th of Feb. and the CIC had clearly mentioned that the reports should reach to them within a month. My CIC account that time was showing blank under medical section.
A week ago the medical section switched into "we are reviewing your medical reports".
Now today, the medical section has switched to "we did not receive your required medical reports".
It's very confusing.
I can notice "Generated: 12 March, 2018 06:11 PM" at the bottom of the emedical tracking sheets which were emailed to me by the panel physician. Generated means successfully submitted, isn't it?
Please help me! I don't know what to do at this moment. I think this is going to affect my application and cause delay in processing time.

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
Hi Reo,

As KBH said, it's about four sheets of paper that they send back.

The main thing for me, mailing from the US, was that I wanted to be sure that the FedEx return envelope was properly labeled. So I used a FedEx "letter" sized envelope (technically it's a little bigger than letter) as my return envelope. And then I put that, along with the PP and photographs into a FedEx "legal sized" envelope. The nice thing about the FedEx legal size is that it actually has some give in the sealing flap to accommodate the FedEx letter envelope.

Also, I totally agonized over this too, and I just want to let you know, if you've already sent something and it's a different configuration from what I sent, it will still all be okay :)
weird..in our letter it specified that the return addressed envelope had to be an A4 size.

kkend

Aug 10, 2017
Montreal
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08/01/2018
Hey guys!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else's SA letter had 2 dates on them? According to my whatsapp group chat, I'm the only one that has it.
At the top of my letter it says
Date: March 9th. But under my name, there is another date right next to my address that says 07/03/2018
I got another SA letter last night, dated March 24th. But again, next to my name it states 07/03/2018

Anyone else who's case is being processed in Mississauga have this?
P.S my DM on ECAS under Sponsor was changed on March 7th.. wondering if it has anything to do with that..

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017