+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor study permit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah you are right. And one more thing her parents are divorced and she lives with grandparents .her dad is permanent resident of Italy he works there and comes India sometimes. Her mother is not living with her
So again, parents are alive and seem to be working. You having legal guardianship gives the child no benefits in Canada.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Hi naturgrl
I want to share one more thing this legal guardianship through Alberta court.and when my niece was here in Canada we went to CBE school and they took ESL test and she passed it . They have one school letter and test proof and said apply to IRCC . I asked them why she needs study permit they said we still need authority from IRCC.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi naturgrl
I want to share one more thing this legal guardianship through Alberta court.and when my niece was here in Canada we went to CBE school and they took ESL test and she passed it . They have one school letter and test proof and said apply to IRCC . I asked them why she needs study permit they said we still need authority from IRCC.
She needs a study permit because your are not her parent. Her parents are alive and you have not adopted her.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
I understand I think you are right so now How much chances of rejection because I got medical request ?according to you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I understand I think you are right so now How much chances of rejection because I got medical request ?according to you
It's not possible for any of us to guess the chances of approval or refusal.

Reactions: Maaftgbkum

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Anyone applied before like this . Even I was checking and reading so many threads but I could not find any. I showed $50k in my account that’s why they requested for medical .even I read some threads they said medical request is the last step and 99% approval chances.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Anyone applied before like this . Even I was checking and reading so many threads but I could not find any. I showed $50k in my account that’s why they requested for medical .even I read some threads they said medical request is the last step and 99% approval chances.
Medical request comes near the beginning of the process so don't assume it means a good chance of approval. Whether you are the legal guardian is irrevelant, she has no legal status in Canada that's why you need a study permit.