+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor study permit

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
And one more thing she has visitor visa and we applied for study permit . Why they request for PPR ? I mean she can come to Canada and border security can give study permit at airport right .

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
And one more thing she has visitor visa and we applied for study permit . Why they request for PPR ? I mean she can come to Canada and border security can give study permit at airport right .
They might have decided to issue a Study Visa to go along with the permit, that's just a guess don't ask me why. As for my previous comment I wasn't trying to be negative or discourage you, just being realistic, they have issued PPR's before in error before processing was completed. It's not a guaranteed thing until you have the LOI in your hand.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
No you didn’t discourage me even this is very helpful if you know something and give information. Even I didn’t thing I got ppr request it is totally miracle . My niece father means my brother he does not use neither pay stubs nor employment letter. I used mine paystubs and job letter . I don’t know how the officer processed application. But I also I dint not think that we will receive the ppr request .

Reactions: Canada2020eh

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
No you didn’t discourage me even this is very helpful if you know something and give information. Even I didn’t thing I got ppr request it is totally miracle . My niece father means my brother he does not use neither pay stubs nor employment letter. I used mine paystubs and job letter . I don’t know how the officer processed application. But I also I dint not think that we will receive the ppr request .
Keep us updated.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Even I want to tell others also if someone have legal guardianship you can apply for niece or nephews for study in Canada without tuition fees. And parents just showed 300000in rupees in bank and that’s it .I have showed my bank balance around $48000 in Canada bank .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Even I want to tell others also if someone have legal guardianship you can apply for niece or nephews for study in Canada without tuition fees. And parents just showed 300000in rupees in bank and that’s it .I have showed my bank balance around $48000 in Canada bank .
You do have to pay international student just like you have to get a study permit. Have her parents given up their parental rights? Have been found unfit? She remains a visitor in Canada. You have no rights to sponsor the child to get PR unless she is an orphan or in extremely rare cases usually when the parents are found to be unfit like being incapacitated. She’ll have to renew her study permit to remain in Canada pay tuition. Her parents aren’t paying Canadian taxes which is what would lead to her qualifying for domestic tuition. You are essentially her custodian in Canada. Being her legal guardian doesn’t grantee an extension of her stay in Canada. If you are not paying tuition there was likely a misunderstanding and the school is under the impression that the parental rights have been terminated for her own parents and she no longer has any association with them. If they eventually ask for more details and realize that the child is a visitor on a study permit and the parents and not deceased or have had their parental rights terminated and your niece is a ward of the state that you have taken in then you would be asked to pay tution. If you could take legal guardianship and get free tuition for all your families members don’t you think this would have been exploited in large numbers a long time ago? Last year another mother was asked to bring in paperwork for their child attending an Alberta school a month into the semester to confirm her status in Canada and when it was discovered that she wasn’t entitled to free schooling had to leave. Would assume that at a certain point you will need to provide evidence of your niece’s status in Canada.

Last edited:

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
I totally agreed with you even I am surprised my duty I just applied with my legal guardianship paper and my bank statements . Minor applicants parents both are alive and divorced. It is clearly mentioned in the application. Now immigration officer has requested for PPR . In this what is my fault even in future if they ask me for tuition fees I can’t pay nor her parents will pay . This is officer duty he/ she should check the application . If not appropriate just reject it.

Last edited:

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Her parents both are fit and fine . No I have not adopted her because her parents are alive . And I have my two kids also . So I can’t adopt her.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Today I have received email and officer said please don’t submit you passport .the letter was sent by mistake.
And request for documents:
Parent authorization to Travel : signed letter of authorization from non accompanying parent(s) authority your travel to Canada.Must be accompanied by a copy of their passport or national id clearly showing their signature.

• Sad
Reactions: Canada2020eh
Sep 12, 2023
Pls what are the document needed to apply for study visa and what is the process of the application pls.
I was just given an admission into Red river college