+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor study permit

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Parents are not here in Canada they are in India and they never visit Canada .but I have legal guardianship and I am Canadian citizen

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Parents are not here in Canada they are in India and they never visit Canada .but I have legal guardianship and I am Canadian citizen
Having legal guardianship has not bearing as the child’s parents are alive so the child should be asked to pay international fees.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah because I have applied without tuition fees and received medical request as well but not sure.
If refused, you need to show payment of international fees. School boards usually require payment too as parents are alive & not in Canada. May also need to show proof of living expenses at around $10k per year.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Confused I contacted with admission assistant of school board she said if I have legal guardianship I don’t need to pay tuition fees and
Do i need to show $10k in my Canada bank account or her parents need to show this money from India?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Confused I contacted with admission assistant of school board she said if I have legal guardianship I don’t need to pay tuition fees and
Do i need to show $10k in my Canada bank account or her parents need to show this money from India?
It should be parents but you can show your statements showing minimum of $10k over the past 3 months. As for tuition, all you can do is wait for response from IRCC.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Is legal guardianship means adoption? Because when I talked with the lawyer she said adoption is different process.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is legal guardianship means adoption? Because when I talked with the lawyer she said adoption is different process.
No. But IRCC will wonder why you have legal guardianship of a child who is not Canadian, whose parents are alive, and cannot study/work in Canada, has no health benefits. The child is a visitor so being a legal guardian is not considered normal. Legal guardianship in India? Child could have applied for a study permit with you as a custodian. So IRCC will wonder why you have legal guardianship.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Yeah you are right. And one more thing her parents are divorced and she lives with grandparents .her dad is permanent resident of Italy he works there and comes India sometimes. Her mother is not living with her