+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hiii for your MP do anything for you?
Nope! Gave me the same update that I already received with my notes and talking crap about it beinig covid blah blah blah like we don't know it's a pandemic. I quickly fired back that Mexico was a problem long before covid. Just horrible excuses

Reactions: Melp

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I applied January 2019. Everything but eligibility was finished within about 3 months. Eligibility took about 14-15 months
Indeed is the major part for most cases.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Nope! Gave me the same update that I already received with my notes and talking crap about it beinig covid blah blah blah like we don't know it's a pandemic. I quickly fired back that Mexico was a problem long before covid. Just horrible excuses
It's the easiest way for them to get away with. Taking covid as an excuse , it's not just IRCC it's everywhere is the same argument lot of none productive companies use to justify their failure. (or to increase their prices...)

Of course everyone knows that Mexico was problematic before covid with a rate of 16 months for years it's the same one just now it's higher with covid around 18-19 months so nothing has been done so it gets better and more around the 12 months as they "promised"

Last edited:

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
My Cuban husband was just denied TRV (With dual intent - October 2018 applicants) for the THIRD time. The part that infuriates me is that we are in queue for an interview in Port of Spain - which they insist they will not waive for us (as in "You're not getting out of it, and it must be face to face") because they do not believe in the validity of our relationship (saw my mother's husband on her deathbed 11 years ago and we have history up until now, married 3 years last week). NOTHING satisfies them that we are bonafide couple. BUT, the TRV was denied for only ONE reason: The agent is unconvinced that the applicant will return to Cuba given the strong family ties in Canada".
????????
???????
Mexico office made the decision on the interview and on the TRV denial, so I wrote to them yesterday, basically saying "PICK ONE! You can't say that you don't believe in our relationship and then say the famiy ties are so strong that my husband would jeapordize a fu**ing PR application that we'be been waiting on for almost 29 months over a short visit."
Mexico responded by sending me - at 10pm last night, an email that said there was an update on our file. Stupid me, I got hopeful. Opened up the GC Key just to find that they sent the exact same refusal letter again. If that's not passive-aggressive I dont know what is.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
My Cuban husband was just denied TRV (With dual intent - October 2018 applicants) for the THIRD time. The part that infuriates me is that we are in queue for an interview in Port of Spain - which they insist they will not waive for us (as in "You're not getting out of it, and it must be face to face") because they do not believe in the validity of our relationship (saw my mother's husband on her deathbed 11 years ago and we have history up until now, married 3 years last week). NOTHING satisfies them that we are bonafide couple. BUT, the TRV was denied for only ONE reason: The agent is unconvinced that the applicant will return to Cuba given the strong family ties in Canada".
????????
???????
Mexico office made the decision on the interview and on the TRV denial, so I wrote to them yesterday, basically saying "PICK ONE! You can't say that you don't believe in our relationship and then say the famiy ties are so strong that my husband would jeapordize a fu**ing PR application that we'be been waiting on for almost 29 months over a short visit."
Mexico responded by sending me - at 10pm last night, an email that said there was an update on our file. Stupid me, I got hopeful. Opened up the GC Key just to find that they sent the exact same refusal letter again. If that's not passive-aggressive I dont know what is.
Have you sent them a lot of proofs in extra on relationship to satisty their concerns? TRV are most likely refused all the time. Flood them with updates on the relationship so they are added, will force them to reconsider their position.

Last edited:

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Have you sent them a lot of proofs in extra on relationship to satisty their concerns? TRV are most likely refused all the time. Flood them with updates on the relationship so they are added, will force them to reconsider their position.
Yes - we send them regular updates. And right before our cancelled interview last March we sent them a lot of other updates as well. Piles of it.

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
????????
???????
ugh what a dilemma, I lived POS for many years they are not any better in attempting to help either.

my husband has applied for his TRV and they asked for his passport but they have not said if he was approved or not.

I hope you guys hear something soon.

I believe they are moving work away from Mexico so that the delayed apps can be sorted out.

i guess you need POS to open their borders before it can be finalized and there is no word on that yet! SUCKS... I haven't been able to visit my husband or family back there either....

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
I'm curious, what leads you to believe this? I think that's hopeful if true but don't want to get my hopes up unnecessarily.
because I got SA saying that my file was being transferred to Mexico and any updates will need to be submitted to Mexico Web form. I got no correspondence after that.

Couple weeks after SA I moved and needed to update my address but i couldn't seem to update my file using Mexico's web form so I called in to the call center to find out what to do.

They then told me my app was still at Sydney and hasn't been moved to Mexico and may not go to Mexico because they are overloaded.

So basically I have to hang tight until a VO confirms receipt of my file so i know exactly where it ends up for final processing.

Reactions: mrgarvin

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
because I got SA saying that my file was being transferred to Mexico and any updates will need to be submitted to Mexico Web form. I got no correspondence after that.

Couple weeks after SA I moved and needed to update my address but i couldn't seem to update my file using Mexico's web form so I called in to the call center to find out what to do.

They then told me my app was still at Sydney and hasn't been moved to Mexico and may not go to Mexico because they are overloaded.

So basically I have to hang tight until a VO confirms receipt of my file so i know exactly where it ends up for final processing.
Ah thanks. I was hoping they were moving some of the existing files that have been sitting there for over a year without being touched.

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020

How did you end up updating your address. Having the same problem

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Anyone here had experience with brining their spouse to Canada during the sponsorship process? Spouse has visa and came to Canada multiple times already when we lived outside Canada but not since the sponsorship started. I want to bring her and my son here in a month or two while we wait for the copr. I will have my lawyer do the dual intent documents and he said it should be ok but I just wanted to hear about any experiences.