Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
My stepson is in Canadian Embassy in Havana with his passport and 2 photos as instructed by email from Mexico City VO sent Monday morning. Today is the day. I want to thank you all for your support. The file was opened March 31 2016 in Mexico... silence until last week... have patience everyone! Ecas is updated even his Canadian address is on his info now. Mycic is not updated yet.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Sending extra proof can't hurt but could be that it makes no difference who knows. Yes I used the web form.
Agreed that sending more information is always better! I understand the need to try and do something during this waiting process, it's frustrating just sitting around twiddling your thumbs while you wait for any kind of news.

Thanks again for your info on contacting one's MP. Yesterday I went to see them in person and the assistant gave me some forms to fill out and I sent them off this morning to their office. Hopefully they can give me some information as to whether we are in queue for an interview as well as if they started the eligibility and/or security reviews for us.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Agreed that sending more information is always better! I understand the need to try and do something during this waiting process, it's frustrating just sitting around twiddling your thumbs while you wait for any kind of news.

Thanks again for your info on contacting one's MP. Yesterday I went to see them in person and the assistant gave me some forms to fill out and I sent them off this morning to their office. Hopefully they can give me some information as to whether we are in queue for an interview as well as if they started the eligibility and/or security reviews for us.
just my opinion... i wouldnt send any more proof or information unless they ask for it... there are reasons the ask for a certain number of things on the application and if they arent asking for more, i dont know that it will help your case. i would wait until you hear back from the MP... just my two cents

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
My stepson is in Canadian Embassy in Havana with his passport and 2 photos as instructed by email from Mexico City VO sent Monday morning. Today is the day. I want to thank you all for your support. The file was opened March 31 2016 in Mexico... silence until last week... have patience everyone! Ecas is updated even his Canadian address is on his info now. Mycic is not updated yet.
Mycic just updated to Decision made

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
just my opinion... i wouldnt send any more proof or information unless they ask for it... there are reasons the ask for a certain number of things on the application and if they arent asking for more, i dont know that it will help your case. i would wait until you hear back from the MP... just my two cents
You also have a point, I guess if you are flagged for an interview, maybe it will help. I thought about sending in some more proof that we lived together for a year, as we didn't have a lease agreement or anything like that, but now that I got the notes and it didn't say anything about interview recommended, I will just wait and see what the MP is able to find out first. I didn't want to sent anything extra without a request (even my RCMP report) because I thought it might confuse them ... (why is she sending this?)

Hopefully I'll have some more information soon after I hear back from my MP's office.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
You also have a point, I guess if you are flagged for an interview, maybe it will help. I thought about sending in some more proof that we lived together for a year, as we didn't have a lease agreement or anything like that, but now that I got the notes and it didn't say anything about interview recommended, I will just wait and see what the MP is able to find out first. I didn't want to sent anything extra without a request (even my RCMP report) because I thought it might confuse them ... (why is she sending this?)

Hopefully I'll have some more information soon after I hear back from my MP's office.
Thats just it. As much ad we want to provide them with more, if they arent questioning anything then dont send anything.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Thats just it. As much ad we want to provide them with more, if they arent questioning anything then dont send anything.
Yes, I was happy that I didn't see that a note saying "interview recommended", however, I am not going to assume I am off the hook for the interview, so I want to get more information if I can, hence the inquiry from the MP to get more info.

Mrs.Champs

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Ecuador-Guayaquil
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
13/10/2016
Doc's Request.
02/11/2016
AOR Received.
AOR 21/09/2016
File Transfer...
02/11/2016
Med's Request
05/09/2016
Med's Done....
13/10/2017-PASSED
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
LANDED..........
soon
Hello everyone,

My husband sent an email to the Embassy of Canada in Mexico MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

They reply saying that my application still in process and they will contact us in case they require additional information or documents.
how many of you received this type of answer?.

Hugs,

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hello everyone,

My husband sent an email to the Embassy of Canada in Mexico MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

They reply saying that my application still in process and they will contact us in case they require additional information or documents.
how many of you received this type of answer?.

Hugs,
What did your husband ask the embassy about in his email? I emailed them asking why it was taking so long for them to transfer our file. This was 7 weeks after we got the email saying our file was being transferred. Everyday I was checking to see if eCAS would add the line saying our application started being processed. I received this same/similar email which as Sneakydriver said is generic. However a week later, I did see the "we started processing your application" line in eCAS. I'm not sure if my emailing them had anything do with that.

Now I am resorting to different ways to make contact with them just in case it might have an effect in speeding things up with the processing. (I have ordered GCMS notes, sent in our RCMP fingerprint certificate, after I prompted them to send a request to us, and today I sent a request for my MP to make an inquiry to see if we are in queue for an interview and to see whether our eligibility and security checks have started). Besides getting more information, as I said before, maybe it might prompt them to open our file again sooner.

Mrs.Champs

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Ecuador-Guayaquil
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
13/10/2016
Doc's Request.
02/11/2016
AOR Received.
AOR 21/09/2016
File Transfer...
02/11/2016
Med's Request
05/09/2016
Med's Done....
13/10/2017-PASSED
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
LANDED..........
soon
What did your husband ask the embassy about in his email? I emailed them asking why it was taking so long for them to transfer our file. This was 7 weeks after we got the email saying our file was being transferred. Everyday I was checking to see if eCAS would add the line saying our application started being processed. I received this same/similar email which as Sneakydriver said is generic. However a week later, I did see the "we started processing your application" line in eCAS. I'm not sure if my emailing them had anything do with that.

Now I am resorting to different ways to make contact with them just in case it might have an effect in speeding things up with the processing. (I have ordered GCMS notes, sent in our RCMP fingerprint certificate, after I prompted them to send a request to us, and today I sent a request for my MP to make an inquiry to see if we are in queue for an interview and to see whether our eligibility and security checks have started). Besides getting more information, as I said before, maybe it might prompt them to open our file again sooner.
I asked them the same as you did, I ordered notes too I hope to get them before August 14, they are taking 60 days to complete my notes. I am not able to check on ECAS, because my representative doesn't want to create the account for me. at this stage of the application 10 months already I don't know if is necessary to have a representative.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I asked them the same as you did, I ordered notes too I hope to get them before August 14, they are taking 60 days to complete my notes. I am not able to check on ECAS, because my representative doesn't want to create the account for me. at this stage of the application 10 months already I don't know if is necessary to have a representative.
cancel your rep then

Reactions: majesty

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
I went over my notes again today and no mention of interview. If there is no mention of interview recommended, does that mean that you are off the hook for the interview? Our eligibility review had not started as of June 28, when the notes were generated.

I kind of want to know as partner and I are trying to figure out whether he should come here for a visit or I go to see him (I will go there if there is an interview).

Your due date is soon! Hope your app gets done sooner rather than later!
Thank you...

yes is coming soon... starting to feel anxious so i decided to distract myself but end up reading the Gcms notes trade (up to the 31 page) and i found lots of helpful information, however it seems that things changes depending on the officer who is reviewing you app. According to what I have read is that when in Eligibility status appear as Review required it means that the officer is warning the next one to look more deep into the application and is most likely to go to an interview. If status is not started then it can change until a decision is reached. Lots of people have found in their notes when they are in queue for interview, however in another treads i found that people who requested the notes did not find information about the interview and then they received a notification that they are in queue... another place to look for info about the interview is in the comments, they sometime write down Interview recommended or WAV (interview waived).
People have sent an update about their relationship and it has helped then to waive the interview, but it only helps before an actual date is being set, once there is a date set for interview one can do nothing but to assist to it. Nowadays I think that no one is off the hook for interview until they send PPR. Like i said things seem to be treated in different ways.

Reactions: Zehcnas

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
i know some people have it where it says "Interview Recommended" so i think its a good thing we dont see it?

Congrats on the baby!
Thank you.

I think is a good thing that we don't see it. Specially for cases where there few to non red flags. I have lots of red flags in my app and I am surprised not to see anything about an interview since the very beginning, I don't want to have my hopes high so I won't be surprise if they do request for an interview after.

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Is really stressful not knowing whats going on, I also have a rep and they like to have the communication at minimum but they are pretty good answering some of my questions, they follow requests and update very efficiently and I am not worried about having them. This guy worked in immigration before and is very practical, he told me since the very beginning that our application was gonna take time but that it was possible for my then partner to come back as he believed the relationship is genuine and thats the most important thing, he wouldn't get my case if he did not believed we really were in a relationship. I know i want to see the process to be done quickly but I understand that patience is key, I have to wait before I can ask the lawyer for un update as i know that if they heard anything from CIC they would let me know asap. They would also inquire information if they believed it has taken more than the expected time.
I am really sorry to hear you are having a bad experience with your rep, I can't imagine wait extra time for the notes, I hope when you received them they send you the most updated notes. The first notes i requested took more that the 30 days and they were generated few days before i received them giving me the most up to date info about my file. I can't wait to request them again :D.