+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Thank you...

yes is coming soon... starting to feel anxious so i decided to distract myself but end up reading the Gcms notes trade (up to the 31 page) and i found lots of helpful information, however it seems that things changes depending on the officer who is reviewing you app. According to what I have read is that when in Eligibility status appear as Review required it means that the officer is warning the next one to look more deep into the application and is most likely to go to an interview. If status is not started then it can change until a decision is reached. Lots of people have found in their notes when they are in queue for interview, however in another treads i found that people who requested the notes did not find information about the interview and then they received a notification that they are in queue... another place to look for info about the interview is in the comments, they sometime write down Interview recommended or WAV (interview waived).
People have sent an update about their relationship and it has helped then to waive the interview, but it only helps before an actual date is being set, once there is a date set for interview one can do nothing but to assist to it. Nowadays I think that no one is off the hook for interview until they send PPR. Like i said things seem to be treated in different ways.
In my notes eligibility said "not started" but I believe it was the same case for msb (she would have to confirm this) and she is in queue for one. So if it eligibility says "not started' doesn't mean there won't be an interview and even if it says "review required" doesn't necessarily means there will be an interview. Now, it's better to have it as "Not started" instead of "review required" that's for sure. Basically the only way to find out is either asking the VO, MP or requesting the notes every 2 months at least.

Reactions: Zehcnas

jmsd2017

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Thank you.

I think is a good thing that we don't see it. Specially for cases where there few to non red flags. I have lots of red flags in my app and I am surprised not to see anything about an interview since the very beginning, I don't want to have my hopes high so I won't be surprise if they do request for an interview after.
May I ask what do you think are your red flags? Thank you

Reactions: Mari_8

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Thank you...

yes is coming soon... starting to feel anxious so i decided to distract myself but end up reading the Gcms notes trade (up to the 31 page) and i found lots of helpful information, however it seems that things changes depending on the officer who is reviewing you app. According to what I have read is that when in Eligibility status appear as Review required it means that the officer is warning the next one to look more deep into the application and is most likely to go to an interview. If status is not started then it can change until a decision is reached. Lots of people have found in their notes when they are in queue for interview, however in another treads i found that people who requested the notes did not find information about the interview and then they received a notification that they are in queue... another place to look for info about the interview is in the comments, they sometime write down Interview recommended or WAV (interview waived).
People have sent an update about their relationship and it has helped then to waive the interview, but it only helps before an actual date is being set, once there is a date set for interview one can do nothing but to assist to it. Nowadays I think that no one is off the hook for interview until they send PPR. Like i said things seem to be treated in different ways.
i am not sure if it means that an interview is going to be required, mine says that -- i am expecting my notes in a couple of weeks to see if any process has been made. i was under the impression that once eligibility is passed, background check starts, which mine has SINCE i ordered my notes. Im curious to see what it says now... there was no recommendation in officers notes either. that thread is very old as well and it could be the process for the OLD applications, seems they have changed the way they do things... we will see. i will keep you all posted!

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
i am not sure if it means that an interview is going to be required, mine says that -- i am expecting my notes in a couple of weeks to see if any process has been made. i was under the impression that once eligibility is passed, background check starts, which mine has SINCE i ordered my notes. Im curious to see what it says now... there was no recommendation in officers notes either. that thread is very old as well and it could be the process for the OLD applications, seems they have changed the way they do things... we will see. i will keep you all posted!
I also thought that eligibility goes first before backgrounds but like i said things seems to be done differently.
I don't know if you'll be asked for an interview but i think that they will be looking into the app more closely. it always depends on the officer handling your application, the first officer might see some concerns and when assigning the app to the next one has to put some sort of note, so if the next officer is satisfied with what it sees then he/she will recommend pass. i m not saying is gonna happen to you i am talking generally.

I also always thought in cases when the ARC is required they set the interview (if interview is needed) after it, but I saw few cases were applicants have been interviewed even before request for the ARC. And i am not entirely sure if this has to be with old or new applications as this cases are old applications submitted before dec 7, 2016.

They also hide some stuff from the notes. :(

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
May I ask what do you think are your red flags? Thank you
Big age difference, this is my husband's second marriage and he needs ARC, he got kids in Canada. We applied almost 5 months after we got married. We submitted lots of supporting evidence and have lots more if they request it.:)

My biggest issue is the ARC, I am pretty sure that would set us back big time.

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
In my notes eligibility said "not started" but I believe it was the same case for msb (she would have to confirm this) and she is in queue for one. So if it eligibility says "not started' doesn't mean there won't be an interview and even if it says "review required" doesn't necessarily means there will be an interview. Now, it's better to have it as "Not started" instead of "review required" that's for sure. Basically the only way to find out is either asking the VO, MP or requesting the notes every 2 months at least.
yep I agree with requesting the notes every 2 months.

And like i said some people find in their notes about the interview others don't until they are notify by CIC. When it says review required the probabilities of going to an interview are higher but is not 100%, it also means they will look more closely to the app because they may have concerns about the relationship. if they are satisfy then they'll just waived the interview.

I also mention that nowadays it seem that none is of the hook with the interviews until passport request is sent.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
yep I agree with requesting the notes every 2 months.

And like i said some people find in their notes about the interview others don't until they are notify by CIC. When it says review required the probabilities of going to an interview are higher but is not 100%, it also means they will look more closely to the app because they may have concerns about the relationship. if they are satisfy then they'll just waived the interview.

I also mention that nowadays it seem that none is of the hook with the interviews until passport request is sent.
i dont know that it means they have concerns about the relationship as our notes the office wrote "i believe the relationship is genuine". it could be that they are looking at something else. its sucks because we all have our own stipulations and theories and none of us can be proven right lol

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Big age difference, this is my husband's second marriage and he needs ARC, he got kids in Canada. We applied almost 5 months after we got married. We submitted lots of supporting evidence and have lots more if they request it.:)

i dont see why the gap between marriage and applying is important - we got married on feb 4 and sent our app feb 27... we wasted no time!!!!

jmsd2017

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017

thank you for your answer, im sure everything will be alright :D

Reactions: Aloaleja

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
i dont see why the gap between marriage and applying is important - we got married on feb 4 and sent our app feb 27... we wasted no time!!!!
I agree, I mean if you are getting married one way or another you want to be together wherever it is. I wouldn't think there is any benifit to waiting. We got married in July and submitted December only because it took forever to gather everything. Otherwise I would have submitted the day after we were married! Lol

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I agree, I mean if you are getting married one way or another you want to be together wherever it is. I wouldn't think there is any benifit to waiting. We got married in July and submitted December only because it took forever to gather everything. Otherwise I would have submitted the day after we were married! Lol
lol i had prepared the old version and i ended up having surgery in december and they changed everything and he came home sooner than we anticipated so it worked out..the only thing we needed was the marriage certificate and it would have been sooner, but there was an error on it so we had to get service ontario involved

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
How do you update your home address with the Mexico VO? Do you just email them or do you need to call IRCC callcenter?
Ecas there is an option to do so

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I received the following response from the MP's office today:

I was in conversation with Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada this afternoon. They have advised:

· Visa office won't advise of interview in advance
· When an interview is required, a request will be made
· Eligibility is in progress
· Security not initiated
· Criminality, - July 21 request made for RCMP criminality record check
· Information has been received
· Criminality is now in progress
· Medical valid for applicant until May 18, 2018
· No indication on file an interview is needed at this time
· Average processing is 12 months - January 25, 2018

In my request, I asked them to make an inquiry with the VO in Mexico. However, it seems that they only talked to someone at IRCC. I guess it is good that so far, there is no mention that we might need an interview. This information though is all stuff I already was aware of, so there isn't anything really substantial that they could find out for me.

For those of you that made an inquiry through your MP, did they talk to someone at the Visa Office or at IRCC?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Thank you...

Thanks for the info, it's useful to know the warning signs. So far it doesn't seem we have been flagged for an interview, however as they had not started our eligibility check at the time the notes were generated (maybe it has started now), it's hard to say if they will put us in queue.

I guess I will have to wait until the next set of notes to see, unless they contact us in the meantime. Hopefully we will know more definitely in September when we should get our next set of notes.