Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
Thanks SneakyDriver ....on ecas there is nothing new.. only 3 lines - rec'd application, started processing, and medical results rec'd.. and it's still in process........
Just for the heck of it... I just checked my ecas this morning and the status changed to Decision Made

Reactions: KloveG

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Just for the heck of it... I just checked my ecas this morning and the status changed to Decision Made
It's like a natural addiction now! Haha

Reactions: localola

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Costa Rica Destination city: Saskatoon
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
Gckey link: april 28. May 4: Schedule A and digital photo , pcc with initial application
AOR Received.
Aor1: April 27. Aor2:Jun 2 ECAS process. Official email AOR2: July 5
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
May 8. Med passed: May 9
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
Hi, good luck! I want to ask! What are the main red flags in the relationship that the CIC considers asking for an interview?

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Hi, good luck! I want to ask! What are the main red flags in the relationship that the CIC considers asking for an interview?
It's so hard to know for sure. But I would say that age difference and length of time for the relationship are at the top. But again, I'm sure it has to do with your evidence and how your application is prepared in terms of proof etc. I think some countries get flagged more just based on the country themselves and not necessarily the application. I'm sure there's no solid evidence for that. But certainly you do seem to notice that.

Reactions: localola and Mari_8

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
Gckey link: april 28. May 4: Schedule A and digital photo , pcc with initial application
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
It's so hard to know for sure. But I would say that age difference and length of time for the relationship are at the top. But again, I'm sure it has to do with your evidence and how your application is prepared in terms of proof etc. I think some countries get flagged more just based on the country themselves and not necessarily the application. I'm sure there's no solid evidence for that. But certainly you do seem to notice that.
Thank you very much, thanks for taking the time and answer !

Reactions: KloveG

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
For those of you who are at the stage for a possible interview and/or are in queue for an interview, I was just wondering if 6 + months (our app was received on Jan 25) is a reasonable amount of time after submitting your application to send an email to the VO to find out if we are in the queue for an interview. I plan to order GCMS notes again in the next week or two (the last set was obtained about 2.5 weeks ago. However, it seems they forgot to send out a request for us to submit our RCMP report which I think had sort of stalled progress with the processing of our app, so I am not too confident about the competence of whatever officer(s) we have assigned to our file. So I have decided to be proactive and keep ordering GCMS notes to see what progress or lack of progress is happening with our app. At this point, I think that if I order notes, in about a week or 2, we would get the next set in early September which would take us to 7.5 months after we submitted our app. I would also like to see if our criminality (which was started in March) is complete and to see if they might have started the eligibility and security check and possibly if there is any mention of an interview. However, on another thread, which probably many of you are aware of, it seems that one might be in queue for an interview and not have any mention of it in the GCMS notes.

In my case, there is a strong likelihood that they will want to interview my partner as there is a significant age difference between the two of us. Knowing all of this, does anyone think I am rushing things if I send another inquiry to the VO to find out if we are in queue for an interview this week or should I wait until I receive the next set of notes before emailing the VO? I am getting impatient because I have not seen my partner since January and would like to have some idea of when I can go see him (I would like to be there for the interview).

Any opinions on what I should do? Thanks in advance!

Zehcnas

Dec 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
20-12-2016 and 22-03-2017
AOR Received.
11-12-2016
File Transfer...
21-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-11-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
25-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2017
LANDED..........
22-10-2017
For those of you who are at the stage for a possible interview and/or are in queue for an interview, I was just wondering if 6 + months (our app was received on Jan 25) is a reasonable amount of time after submitting your application to send an email to the VO to find out if we are in the queue for an interview. I plan to order GCMS notes again in the next week or two (the last set was obtained about 2.5 weeks ago. However, it seems they forgot to send out a request for us to submit our RCMP report which I think had sort of stalled progress with the processing of our app, so I am not too confident about the competence of whatever officer(s) we have assigned to our file. So I have decided to be proactive and keep ordering GCMS notes to see what progress or lack of progress is happening with our app. At this point, I think that if I order notes, in about a week or 2, we would get the next set in early September which would take us to 7.5 months after we submitted our app. I would also like to see if our criminality (which was started in March) is complete and to see if they might have started the eligibility and security check and possibly if there is any mention of an interview. However, on another thread, which probably many of you are aware of, it seems that one might be in queue for an interview and not have any mention of it in the GCMS notes.

In my case, there is a strong likelihood that they will want to interview my partner as there is a significant age difference between the two of us. Knowing all of this, does anyone think I am rushing things if I send another inquiry to the VO to find out if we are in queue for an interview this week or should I wait until I receive the next set of notes before emailing the VO? I am getting impatient because I have not seen my partner since January and would like to have some idea of when I can go see him (I would like to be there for the interview).

Any opinions on what I should do? Thanks in advance!
Last Friday I had an appointment with my MP and found it very useful. They seems to deal with these requests a lot and after filling out 2 forms for giving them permission to inquire on our behalf and photo IDs scanned (gave passports of wife and daughter). That same day I met with them they called up IRCC I believe and got the most up to date information on the application. They were able to see that the application was last updated on Thursday when I received the typical response "Your application is in process. At the moment, there is no need for further action on your part.". However, they were able to know that the eligibility is in progress which they advised is normally 3 months to process. They again were able to see that there really is no documents needs at the this time even though for me on Mycic it says more needed.

I will be going back in 2 months or whenever I get correspondence from MVO. I asked if it was a good idea to send them more proof of relationship as I had visited my wife in February and now plan to go end of August. They said that it could help and said it would be okay to do so. I already sent flight tickets and 3 pictures using the case specific inquiry which MVO replied having received it. Will also be sending them more receipts on money grams I send to my wife.

Honestly don't know if it will make a difference but feels good to be proactive instead of twiddling my thumbs waiting.

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
Last Friday I had an appointment with my MP and found it very useful. They seems to deal with these requests a lot and after filling out 2 forms for giving them permission to inquire on our behalf and photo IDs scanned (gave passports of wife and daughter). That same day I met with them they called up IRCC I believe and got the most up to date information on the application. They were able to see that the application was last updated on Thursday when I received the typical response "Your application is in process. At the moment, there is no need for further action on your part.". However, they were able to know that the eligibility is in progress which they advised is normally 3 months to process. They again were able to see that there really is no documents needs at the this time even though for me on Mycic it says more needed.

I will be going back in 2 months or whenever I get correspondence from MVO. I asked if it was a good idea to send them more proof of relationship as I had visited my wife in February and now plan to go end of August. They said that it could help and said it would be okay to do so. I already sent flight tickets and 3 pictures using the case specific inquiry which MVO replied having received it. Will also be sending them more receipts on money grams I send to my wife.

Honestly don't know if it will make a difference but feels good to be proactive instead of twiddling my thumbs waiting.
Excuse me! Did you apply with old or new package?

Zehcnas

Dec 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
20-12-2016 and 22-03-2017
AOR Received.
11-12-2016
File Transfer...
21-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-11-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
25-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2017
LANDED..........
22-10-2017

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018

GYN

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
17-10-2016
File Transfer...
10-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Hi everyone, we just received an email request from Mexico VO for a copy of my step-sons passport. And to confirm intended Canadian address and to confirm his current address in Cuba. Wow... terrific news on a Friday afternoon. Application sent Nov 16 2016. Cleared as sponsors Dec 2016. File transferred to Mexico Dec 2016. File Opened in Mexico March 31 2017.
Congrats!!!

Reactions: localola

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
Yet another update.... Mexico visa office sent another email this morning confirming the receipt of copy of passport, and a request to show up to Canadian Embassy in Havana with 2 photos, his passport and a copy of email within the next 15 days.... He will be there Wednesday morning. He's flying to Havana with his mom tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mari_8 and majesty

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)

Thanks very much for your reply. Tomorrow I am going to my MP's office and see if they will make an inquiry for me about the status of our application. I read on my MP's profile that he wants a letter of request sent to his office about enquiries. Since I live 5 minutes from his office, I think I will check in person first. I am also going to order another set of GCMS notes next week. This would be 2 months after I requested the first set of notes.

Mostly I would like to to know if we are in queue for an interview. I haven't submitted further proof of our relationship for anything, but maybe I should? I was thinking of submitting Western Union receipts for money transfers from my partner and even envelopes with his name and Canadian address with different dates as further proof that we lived together at the same address since we didn't have a rental agreement cause I own the house. (Paranoia on my part because I just have too much time to think). Did you just send your extra proof of relationship documents through the IRCC webform?

I hope you hear something positive soon and that your MP's intervention might help to speed up the processing of your wife and daughter's application.