Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
mexicanada said:
That is so exciting!!!
I don't know you but I am happy for the both of you.
Cheers to your future! :D
haha thanks!! yeah we are super excited! after such a long wait its a great feeling for sure!
:)

good luck with everything too!! I hope its not too much longer of a wait! its nicer landing in the summer than winter!! lol

Lifesabeach

Mar 16, 2013
Hello all,

I have been following this forum for several months and have appreciated all the tips and support. I have a couple questions of some urgency that I can't seem to find answers for so I thought I'd finally post.

A short background of our case is....

My husband is a refused refugee claimant, stayed underground in Canada for a year then left to Mexico with his own plane ticket summer of 2012. He was deported but not in the scary way, he was never arrested at home or detained. We simply hired a lawyer to help us execute his warrant prior to leaving to Mexico. Our initial application went to Mississauga on Oct. 2, 2012, sponsorship approval 36 days later. There was a very long wait until mid April to receive the AOR. He has his PGR and we will be submitting it this week.

My questions to you are,

Does the PGR police Clarence letter need to be translated?

And

How does one obtain a full set of fingerprints in Mex?? He has asked at the PGR PGJ SSP and nobody seems to understand the request. We are certain we will need an RCMP clearance so are desperate to get started. He will be around Mexico City and Toluca this week and then back to Jalisco state just in case anyone has specific knowledge of those places.

Thank you and good luck to all.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Lifesabeach said:
Hello all,

I have been following this forum for several months and have appreciated all the tips and support. I have a couple questions of some urgency that I can't seem to find answers for so I thought I'd finally post.

A short background of our case is....

My husband is a refused refugee claimant, stayed underground in Canada for a year then left to Mexico with his own plane ticket summer of 2012. He was deported but not in the scary way, he was never arrested at home or detained. We simply hired a lawyer to help us execute his warrant prior to leaving to Mexico. Our initial application went to Mississauga on Oct. 2, 2012, sponsorship approval 36 days later. There was a very long wait until mid April to receive the AOR. He has his PGR and we will be submitting it this week.

My questions to you are,

Does the PGR police Clarence letter need to be translated?

And

How does one obtain a full set of fingerprints in Mex?? He has asked at the PGR PGJ SSP and nobody seems to understand the request. We are certain we will need an RCMP clearance so are desperate to get started. He will be around Mexico City and Toluca this week and then back to Jalisco state just in case anyone has specific knowledge of those places.

Thank you and good luck to all.
the pgr does not need to be translated.

and it was a huge struggle for us to get my husbands rcmp prints in mexico too, it took alot of bargaining and going back and forth to different officers to finally get them done, he ended up getting them done by the general at the pgr office.

the problem with the rcmp is, it needs to be done on rcmp paper. so if u take that paper to the finger print offices, like pgr, pgj, or the school of justice they will do the prints for you but they dont want to stamp and seal the form because its not their form. thats where the problem comes in and it takes some bargaining and pushing to get someone to do the prints AND stamp and seal them on the RCMP form. even with our request from the embassy they didnt want to do it, or they didnt speak english so they couldnt read the request form! it was a headache!!

but why do you think he will need the rcmp?
were his finger prints taken when he was deported? or any other time in canada?

Lifesabeach

Mar 16, 2013
Thank you so much Leisa,

I thought we didn't need that translated but our lawyer wants it done.
Ya, he was printed when we executed the warrant for his arrest ( immigration arrest, no criminality ). What a pain :(

My husband is in the. It's now so I will tell him to just keep bargaining.

Thank you for your advice

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Lifesabeach said:
Thank you so much Leisa,

I thought we didn't need that translated but our lawyer wants it done.
Ya, he was printed when we executed the warrant for his arrest ( immigration arrest, no criminality ). What a pain :(

My husband is in the. It's now so I will tell him to just keep bargaining.

Thank you for your advice

O okay, yeah u dont need it done. everyone that works at the embassy speaks english and spanish.

are you okay with waiting the 3 months to get the rcmp processed?

or did you want to use a company to speed it up ?

we used a company called ottawa commisionaires and they were able to get the police clearance in 24 hours. but it cost us about $300 for the fee and shipping costs to send papers back and forth from mexico to ottawa.

in total from the first time i emailed the lady untill i got the rcmp back it was about 2 weeks max.

Lifesabeach

Mar 16, 2013
I think that option sounds better but I figured that since we haven't even started the ARC yet he likely has longer than three months to wait anyways.... I will definitely research that company though.

jorgew

May 16, 2013
hello folks

i`ve following this forum for a while and i find the information so useful, and well i would like to thank the people that take the time to give some help here.

well i just have a couple of questions about my case and i would like to see if somebody can give me some answers, heres a short background about my case.

i was a refuge claimant in montreal, i was denied and by the time that i supoused to start the ERAR i didnt started because i got accepted in a school in canada and i thougth i could go back as an international student so i didnt aply for ERAR and i said that i was going to leave by my own will, but even like that they gave me the deported status, anyways when i came back my visa was denyed so i didnt do anything about it but my girlfriend came to mexico with me and we were traveling around and living in the beach for 5 months, by the end o those months we got married here in mexico ( august 5 2012), she also came for 10 days in april and now we are about to start the proces
about the proofs we have pictures from us in montreal from us in mexico, in playa in a lot of diferent places with diferent friends with my granmas with my family, family events bail from the places we were living in bank contract....
so my questions are:

1.- is there a problem for us because we got married in august and we are starting the proces in May??? 10 months after

2.-is there a problem because i asked for an international student visa???

3.- is my marriage certificate valid in canada??

4.- i got my pgr certificate in january, and it may expire soon, do i have to get a new one??

infinite thanks and good luck to all the people that is going through the same process.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Lifesabeach said:
I think that option sounds better but I figured that since we haven't even started the ARC yet he likely has longer than three months to wait anyways.... I will definitely research that company though.
If u want I can send you the lady's contact info that I dealt with, and you can ask her for more info, shes very helpful.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
jorgew said:
hello folks

i`ve following this forum for a while and i find the information so useful, and well i would like to thank the people that take the time to give some help here.

well i just have a couple of questions about my case and i would like to see if somebody can give me some answers, heres a short background about my case.

i was a refuge claimant in montreal, i was denied and by the time that i supoused to start the ERAR i didnt started because i got accepted in a school in canada and i thougth i could go back as an international student so i didnt aply for ERAR and i said that i was going to leave by my own will, but even like that they gave me the deported status, anyways when i came back my visa was denyed so i didnt do anything about it but my girlfriend came to mexico with me and we were traveling around and living in the beach for 5 months, by the end o those months we got married here in mexico ( august 5 2012), she also came for 10 days in april and now we are about to start the proces
about the proofs we have pictures from us in montreal from us in mexico, in playa in a lot of diferent places with diferent friends with my granmas with my family, family events bail from the places we were living in bank contract....
so my questions are:

1.- is there a problem for us because we got married in august and we are starting the proces in May??? 10 months after

2.-is there a problem because i asked for an international student visa???

3.- is my marriage certificate valid in canada??

4.- i got my pgr certificate in january, and it may expire soon, do i have to get a new one??

infinite thanks and good luck to all the people that is going through the same process.
1-no, not at all, many people get married and send in there application a week after getting the marriage certificate.

2- no, the visa wont effect your sponsorship application

3- yes, but I believe you need to get it translated by a certified translator or a notary public

4- how did you get the pgr certificate without a request from the embassy?, any police certificates need to be in the embassys hands within 3 months of getting them, so you will need to get another one. But make sure its the one they are asking for from the embassy website. Cuz the one they ask for can only be obtained with a request letter from them, that you need to give to the pgr office.

mexicanada

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico DF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2012
Doc's Request.
January 11 2013
AOR Received.
August 31 2012
File Transfer...
January 15 2013
Med's Request
December 11 2013
Med's Done....
February 15 2014 ( re done)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 8 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 29 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
I think that some of you should be Immigration lawyers since you know the system and process so well. :p
I was curious if anyone knew what the success rate was for sponsors landing their spouses into Canada from Mexico?
Is the % high? Just a random thought........ ::)

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
mexicanada said:
I think that some of you should be Immigration lawyers since you know the system and process so well. :p
I was curious if anyone knew what the success rate was for sponsors landing their spouses into Canada from Mexico?
Is the % high? Just a random thought........ ::)
Lol im studying law and immigration. So i. Can be a consultant one day haha!
I dont know the exact percentage but its fairly high. I dont hear of many applicants being denied from mexico. :)

mexicanada

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico DF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2012
Doc's Request.
January 11 2013
AOR Received.
August 31 2012
File Transfer...
January 15 2013
Med's Request
December 11 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 8 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 29 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
LeisaP said:
Lol im studying law and immigration. So i. Can be a consultant one day haha!
I dont know the exact percentage but its fairly high. I dont hear of many applicants being denied from mexico. :)
Are you really studying law and Immigration?? 8)
That's great! I thought about going to school for Legal Assistant so I could
work within a Law firm that only dealt with Immigration cases. Too funny!
How long is it going to take you to complete your schooling?

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
mexicanada said:
Are you really studying law and Immigration?? 8)
That's great! I thought about going to school for Legal Assistant so I could
work within a Law firm that only dealt with Immigration cases. Too funny!
How long is it going to take you to complete your schooling?
lol, yeah!
The program I am taking is legal admin, but I can take specific courses that specialize in immigration law, and when im finished I will take the Immigration consultant program, to get registered with the government.

lol you should! its so interesting! :p
about another 2 years maybe a little over 2 years to finish everything.

its funny though, cuz we were so frustrated with the system that at one point I was like ugh I don't even want to do anything to do with immigration anymore!!, but than I remember being on the other side of it is a lot easier than this side.

mexicanada

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico DF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2012
Doc's Request.
January 11 2013
AOR Received.
August 31 2012
File Transfer...
January 15 2013
Med's Request
December 11 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 8 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 29 2014
LANDED..........
Soon
LeisaP said:
lol, yeah!
The program I am taking is legal admin, but I can take specific courses that specialize in immigration law, and when im finished I will take the Immigration consultant program, to get registered with the government.

lol you should! its so interesting! :p
about another 2 years maybe a little over 2 years to finish everything.

its funny though, cuz we were so frustrated with the system that at one point I was like ugh I don't even want to do anything to do with immigration anymore!!, but than I remember being on the other side of it is a lot easier than this side.
I have been looking into course that offers the same thing you are doing. 2 yrs isn't that long. Are you studying in a College or University?

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
mexicanada said:
I have been looking into course that offers the same thing you are doing. 2 yrs isn't that long. Are you studying in a College or University?
yeah its not long at all, time flies by!

at a College.
a lot cheaper for virtually the same program. than the immigration consultant program will be from an independent school, I believe there is only 3 schools across Canada now that offer it, Vancouver, Toronto and the other is either montreal or Ottawa, cant remember, but you can take it online aswell.