AOR Received.
09-dec-2011
File Transfer...
02-nov-2011
Med's Done....
01-june-2011
mc1234 said:
@ islenio, reginac

How many photos did you two submit in your application? Just sorting through ours and don't know how many photos would be good to put in the application
I sent around 400 photos that's because we've been together for 5 years, we have photos together since the first day we met until now. We sent photos of our trips together, concerts, parties, christmas, new years, birthdays and with our families. I don't really think it matter the quantity of photos since I read people in other thread that have sent just 15 pics and had no problem.

Good Luck!

lv1234

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
islenio said:
Based on the other cases I have seen around a month.

If you are in Canada, did you use Fedex or UPS to send your passport
Can u send the passport from Canada?
Don't you have to be in Mexico?
How will u land?

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
lv1234 said:
Can u send the passport from Canada?
Don't you have to be in Mexico?
How will u land?
A lot of people from this forum have mailed (courier) their passport to their Embassies and once they have received their passport and PR Visa just drive to the nearest border crossing and just flag pole and enter, some other people have booked appoinments with their local immigration office and just "land" there.

I have not seen a lot of people from Mexico doing this since most people are forced to wait in Mexico for the duration of the process. I sent an email to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico to see if that is OK.

lv1234

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
islenio said:
A lot of people from this forum have mailed (courier) their passport to their Embassies and once they have received their passport and PR Visa just drive to the nearest border crossing and just flag pole and enter, some other people have booked appoinments with their local immigration office and just "land" there.

I have not seen a lot of people from Mexico doing this since most people are forced to wait in Mexico for the duration of the process. I sent an email to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico to see if that is OK.
Oh thanks a lot. Please let me know what they say. If they yes then it will make my life much easier as then I can invite my common law here on a tourist visa and then send the Passport when the PPR comes.

Thanks.

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
islenio said:

Congratulations to everyone that got their PPR! I am still creeping around here waiting for mrandmrsromero to get their PPR! I can help with a few of the questions.
We were able to drive to the border, flagpole and land at the Canadian border without a problem. My common-law partner was in Canada at the time and we just sent the passport via UPS. It went pretty smoothly and took about a month for the passport to get there, get stamped and returned to Canada.

Also, we were fully prepared to get a request for an Informe because my partner had already been in Canada for 2 years, but we received a request for a constancia which was annoying and seemed more complicated but probably saved some processing time.

Also, for those who have recently landed, the PR card wait time listed on the website is not exactly accurate. My partner's card took double the time listed on the website. So don't plan any vacations soon after landing!

lv1234

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
La_Ardilla said:
Congratulations to everyone that got their PPR! I am still creeping around here waiting for mrandmrsromero to get their PPR! I can help with a few of the questions.
We were able to drive to the border, flagpole and land at the Canadian border without a problem. My common-law partner was in Canada at the time and we just sent the passport via UPS. It went pretty smoothly and took about a month for the passport to get there, get stamped and returned to Canada.

Thanks a lot. I have two more questions: 1) Did you put a return envelope to canada for passport return. Did you send them a letter explaining this or no?
Also how did you get the constancia while your common law was in Canada? Did she apply for that from Canada and got it mailed to CIC mexico?

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
lv1234 said:
Thanks a lot. I have two more questions: 1) Did you put a return envelope to canada for passport return. Did you send them a letter explaining this or no?
Also how did you get the constancia while your common law was in Canada? Did she apply for that from Canada and got it mailed to CIC mexico?
Yes, we went to a UPS store and they were able to include the return envelope and should be able to give you both tracking numbers - one for the "sending" envelope and one for "the return" envelope. I was able to check online for the return tracking so we knew right away when it was on its way back. In the covering letter we listed the return envelope as an included item. It is pretty expensive, too, make sure you save up for all of the shipping costs, it was about $130 for both envelopes.

We were able to get the constancia by sending his parents to Mexico City to get it, it is pretty nerve-wracking to send all of the copies and originals and you have to hope the pictures are correct and the fingerprints are accepted by the PGR. We got the fingerprints done here at the local police station (about $100 for 3 sets) and were accepted without a problem.

Is your partner in Canada, now? I would recommend that if he is in Mexico he get his military card done there. I think the wait to get the card of no service (or whatever it is called) through the Mexican embassy in Canada is about 2 years.
http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/canada/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40&Itemid=41

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
La Ardilla,

Have you guys done more research about the visa a Mexican Landed Immigrant needs to go to the U.S.

My wife has the B1/B2/BCC but based on one of your old replies we may need to get a new "paper" visa once she gets her PR

Thanks

Islenio

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
La_Ardilla said:
Yes, we went to a UPS store and they were able to include the return envelope and should be able to give you both tracking numbers - one for the "sending" envelope and one for "the return" envelope. I was able to check online for the return tracking so we knew right away when it was on its way back. In the covering letter we listed the return envelope as an included item. It is pretty expensive, too, make sure you save up for all of the shipping costs, it was about $130 for both envelopes.

We were able to get the constancia by sending his parents to Mexico City to get it, it is pretty nerve-wracking to send all of the copies and originals and you have to hope the pictures are correct and the fingerprints are accepted by the PGR. We got the fingerprints done here at the local police station (about $100 for 3 sets) and were accepted without a problem.

Is your partner in Canada, now? I would recommend that if he is in Mexico he get his military card done there. I think the wait to get the card of no service (or whatever it is called) through the Mexican embassy in Canada is about 2 years.
http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/canada/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40&Itemid=41
That's me who you are referring too.. me and lv1234 have similar user names, haha. Is the only way to get the Constancia is in Mexico City, or is that just where your partner lived? He has a multiple entry visa and we are just here collecting paperwork so by the time we submit our paperwork we will already be back in Canada. We are going to work on getting his card of no service for the military. Do you think that would be sufficient to get the Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales (Antecedentes No Penales) via the Mexican Embassy in Canada? Thanks so much for stopping by and helping us out even though you are no longer going through the process :)

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
islenio said:
La Ardilla,

Have you guys done more research about the visa a Mexican Landed Immigrant needs to go to the U.S.

My wife has the B1/B2/BCC but based on one of your old replies we may need to get a new "paper" visa once she gets her PR

Thanks

Islenio
Hi Islenio,
We haven't done more research on the paper visa but have resigned ourselves to going through the process to get it or waiting 3 years for citizenship. I think there was a little bit of paperwork fatigue after the PR application but I imagine we will get around to doing it soon. We haven't tried using the B1/B2/BCC again after the rejection at the border but they did mention he would have to get a different visa. Annoying. It might still work at the southern border but we haven't tried it there, either.

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mc1234 said:
That's me who you are referring too.. me and lv1234 have similar user names, haha. Is the only way to get the Constancia is in Mexico City, or is that just where your partner lived? He has a multiple entry visa and we are just here collecting paperwork so by the time we submit our paperwork we will already be back in Canada. We are going to work on getting his card of no service for the military. Do you think that would be sufficient to get the Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales (Antecedentes No Penales) via the Mexican Embassy in Canada? Thanks so much for stopping by and helping us out even though you are no longer going through the process :)
I tried to look back and get it right, I am out of the loop now with everyone's names. Yes, the constancia is at the PGR in Mexico City, only. My partner did not live in Mexico City after he turned 18 so we sent only the state police checks, initially. They did end up requesting a police check from Mexico City (this does not actually exist in itself) along with the request for the constancia. My partner arrived in Canada 2 days before the visitor visa became a requirement for Mexicans. We decided the chance of him getting a visitor visa was too low and I didn't let him leave Canada for 2 years, just in case. It will be a lot easier with a multiple entry visa, it will provide you the freedom to go back and forth as needed.

I think Islenio got the constancia through the Mexican embassy in Canada? Here is the link anyway:
http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/canada/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=169&Itemid=41

One thing that I can remember is the instruction page the Canadian embassy sends you to get the constancia does not mention fingerprints, it assumes that you are physically present in Mexico to get them done at the PGR. So if you send someone to the PGR for the constancia don't foget to send them your fingerprints, too (3 sets)!

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
I am still creeping around here waiting for mrandmrsromero to get their PPR!
Can you believe we're still waiting? Seriously. Anyway, thanks for the continued creeping :) Misery loves company, and makes me feel much less alone LOL

MP is looking into case for us again this week. Whatever.

lv1234

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
La_Ardilla said:
Yes, we went to a UPS store and they were able to include the return envelope and should be able to give you both tracking numbers - one for the "sending" envelope and one for "the return" envelope. I was able to check online for the return tracking so we knew right away when it was on its way back. In the covering letter we listed the return envelope as an included item. It is .....
She is in Mexico. She does not have militaty service. We submitted the criminal check from Leon PGR. I am not sure if that would be enough.
She is planning to apply for visitor visa next week. Do you know if she needs to fill out "Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409) form ". Did you guys fill that out when you applied?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5409E.PDF

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
Can you believe we're still waiting? Seriously. Anyway, thanks for the continued creeping :) Misery loves company, and makes me feel much less alone LOL

MP is looking into case for us again this week. Whatever.
Arghh. Has your MP been helpful or interested in your case? Out of curiousity, are they Conservative, Liberal (probably not, not a lot of those left) or NDP?

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
La_Ardilla said:
I tried to look back and get it right, I am out of the loop now with everyone's names. Yes, the constancia is at the PGR in Mexico City, only. My partner did not live in Mexico City after he turned 18 so we sent only the state police checks, initially. They did end up requesting a police check from Mexico City (this does not actually exist in itself) along with the request for the constancia. My partner arrived in Canada 2 days before the visitor visa became a requirement for Mexicans. We decided the chance of him getting a visitor visa was too low and I didn't let him leave Canada for 2 years, just in case. It will be a lot easier with a multiple entry visa, it will provide you the freedom to go back and forth as needed.

I think Islenio got the constancia through the Mexican embassy in Canada? Here is the link anyway:
http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/canada/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=169&Itemid=41

One thing that I can remember is the instruction page the Canadian embassy sends you to get the constancia does not mention fingerprints, it assumes that you are physically present in Mexico to get them done at the PGR. So if you send someone to the PGR for the constancia don't foget to send them your fingerprints, too (3 sets)!

Thanks for the info La_Ardilla.. The only thing I am scared of is not giving his his Constancia because he did not complete his military service, we are going to have to look into that. Thanks again!