15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
islenio said:
We just received PPR (Passport request) ReginaC you are next, we have 15 days to send the passport.

So using the Mexican Embassy Process to get the "constancia" was a great idea it saved us a trip to Mexico City

Any advice about what courier service should we use?
Congrats. What services did u use from embassy?

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
The Embassy and all the consulates of Mexico will give you a letter to request the constancia (similar to the letter that you get from the Canadian Embassy to request the constancia) but at the same time they will certify that all the photocopies of your original documents are true copies and prepare a package with all the photocopies your pictures, your fingerprints and the official request that you can send to someone in Mexico to perform the request on your behalf.
What we liked about this is that we didn't have to go to Mexico City (My wife is in Canada with me) and that we didn't send any originals (except the birth certificate) and the package is nicely done and ready to be send.

The original plan was to get the constancia in advance and send it before they request it (To save time) but at the end we send it around the time that we got the official request from the Canadian embassy

Here is a link to the Mexican Embassy website (Spanish):

http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/canada/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=169&Itemid=41

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
For those interested here is how a PPR looks like:

Dear XXXX XXXX :

This concerns your application for immigration to Canada. We are in the process of finalizing
your file; however, before a visa can be issued we require the following:

( X ) Original valid passport for each approved applicant.
( X ) The complete address in which you intend to live in Canada

Your visa will expire on XXXX/XX/XX. If the validity of your passport or the passport of any
accompanying family member expires before this date, your visa will expire at this earlier date. If
it is the case, that person may wish to apply for a new passport
Please note that you must travel to Canada within the validity of your visa. No new medical
examinations will be authorized to extend the visa Please ensure that you submit the required
documents within the next 15 days from this letter. Documents should be submitted with a
copy of this letter and with your cellular phone number in order that we may be able to contact
you in case of an unforeseen event.

Passports (and any other requested documents) should be submitted at the Immigration
Counter at the Embassy of Canada in Mexico from Monday to Thursday, between 8:00 am and
10:30 am.

Provide your documents are submitted prior to 10:30 am, you will be asked to return to the
Immigration Section entrance at 15:00 to pick up your results. Please present an ID card with a
copy of this letter.

Immigration Section – Section de l’immigration
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Colonia Granada, Del. Miguel Hidalgo, 11520, Mexico D.F. Mexico
Mexico
www.mexico.gc.ca
Mar 2011 version

Documents submitted after 10:30 am will not be processed the same day: either an airway bill
for return courier will be required, in which case our processing times could increase up to two
weeks, or you may return in person the following day to pick-up your results.
Please note that the Visa Section of the Embassy of Canada in Mexico is closed to the public on
Friday.

If you prefer, you may send the required information via courier. Please include your file number
next to your name in order to identify your package as soon as it arrives. You must include a
pre-paid return courier slip so that your documents may be returned to you. Our office is not
responsible for loss of documents in the mail. If you send your original passport(s) by courier, it
could take us from one to two weeks to issue the visa(s) and return your passport(s).

If not all your dependent family members will immigrate at the same time, please explain in a
separate letter. If all your dependent family members will immigrate to Canada at the same time
but are unable to present all passports for reasons out of their control, we suggest you to send
an e-mail to the immigration section and wait to gather all passports to be presented at the
same time.

We remind you that the visa has a specific validity and that no extensions are granted. Please
quote your file number on all correspondence.

Sincerely yours,
Immigration Section

reginac

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-aug-2011
Doc's Request.
29-dec-2011
AOR Received.
09-dec-2011
File Transfer...
02-nov-2011
Med's Done....
01-june-2011
islenio said:
We just received PPR (Passport request) ReginaC you are next, we have 15 days to send the passport.

So using the Mexican Embassy Process to get the "constancia" was a great idea it saved us a trip to Mexico City

OMG OMG OMG I was reading your letter and got so exited. Congratulations Islenio I knew you were that close, I hope to get the same news in the next days!!!! ENJOY!!!!!!!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
@islenio, reginac

How many photos did you two submit in your application? Just sorting through ours and don't know how many photos would be good to put in the application

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
mc1234 said:
@ islenio, reginac

How many photos did you two submit in your application? Just sorting through ours and don't know how many photos would be good to put in the application

We sent 32 pictures, the most important part is to show the progress of your relationship.

We sent pictures of the two of us dating, traveling together, having fun, pictures with friends and family and of course we included some pictures of our wedding and our wedding trip.

I just pasted pictures on a Word document with the picture on the left side of the page and a small description with the names of who was on each picture on the right side. I printed the document in colour

Queen Mason

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
islenio said:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
I have a question about the constancia de antecedentes registrales (antecedentes no penales) while reading I noticed that one of the requirements were as follow:

4. Precartilla o Cartilla Liberada del Servicio Militar Nacional (en caso de varones)

My CL never did his military service, those who have done this in Canada,do you think they will still issue it without out, or should we just get it done in Mexico?

Thanks all.

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
mc1234 said:
I have a question about the constancia de antecedentes registrales (antecedentes no penales) while reading I noticed that one of the requirements were as follow:

4. Precartilla o Cartilla Liberada del Servicio Militar Nacional (en caso de varones)

My CL never did his military service, those who have done this in Canada,do you think they will still issue it without out, or should we just get it done in Mexico?

Thanks all.

Until 10 years ago, men (varones) were not even able to get a passport without the military service card (Cartilla).
As any government organization I think if the PGR has it on the requirements, it will be really hard to get the constancia without the cartilla.

My recommendation is to call them but chances are they will ask you guys to get the cartilla

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Great we will work on that thank you.

yaz

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
Doc's Request.
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
18-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2011
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2012
LANDED..........
18-02-2012
Guys how long take to get my passport back??? Anybody knows???

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Everyone one last question and then I am done for the day because I am freaking out. So I was looking on the police record check page and then I saw this:

Federal Police Certificates

Federal police certificates must be from the Procuraduría General de la República (PGR). Depending on your situation, the PGR issues two kinds of certificates:

If you live in Mexico

* The federal police certificate you need is called the Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales.
* While your application is being processed, the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City will give you instructions to obtain the Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales.

If you live outside Mexico

The federal police certificate you will need is called the Informe de datos registrales. You must follow specific instructions to get this form.

then it directs you to this page:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/outside-mexico.asp where it states:

Federal Police Certificates – If you live outside Mexico

If you live outside Mexico, the federal police certificate you will need is called the Informe de datos registrales.

To obtain this form, you must send:

1) Two sets of original fingerprints that meet these standards:

* rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers taken with black ink
* full name, date of birth and sex of the applicant
* the name and address of the police agency
* the signature of the officer taking the fingerprints

To have your fingerprints taken
If you are in:

* Canada: Please contact a fingerprinting agency, or go to the closest local police station.
* All other countries: Please go to the closest local police station. (In some countries the Mexican Embassy or Consulate will be able to assist you)

2) Three photographs of the front, and three of the right profile: passport size (With no makeup, earrings, glasses, beard, moustache, sideburns—no exceptions)

3) One legible copy of your passport’s bio-page (the page where your picture and full name appear).

4) Quote your file number, your name, date of birth, and the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or Case Processing Centre where your file is.

Do not send any other documents or provide any payments.

Send the above to:

Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193
Col. Granada
11520 Mexico, D.F

Note: These instructions are only for people who are not in Mexico. If you are in Mexico you must advise the visa office so that different instructions are provided to you.

So if my CL is in Canada, does he qualify for that, or should we go ahead and try to get the precartilla?

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
yaz said:
Guys how long take to get my passport back??? Anybody knows???
Based on the other cases I have seen around a month.

If you are in Canada, did you use Fedex or UPS to send your passport

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
mc1234 said:
Everyone one last question and then I am done for the day because I am freaking out. So I was looking on the police record check page and then I saw this:

Federal Police Certificates

Federal police certificates must be from the Procuraduría General de la República (PGR). Depending on your situation, the PGR issues two kinds of certificates:

So if my CL is in Canada, does he qualify for that, or should we go ahead and try to get the precartilla?

We are in Canada and we got the request for the Constancia.

My understanding is that All the people that apply via Mexico (outland) need the constancia only the people that apply inland need the informe but maybe someone else here has a different experience