+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LeisaP said:
those prices are both for united though, right?

i dunno how to use aeroplan with air canada. when i go to the website to look it up. the only flights that come up at us airways. it doesnt bring any flights up for air canada to use aeroplan. so that confuses me a bit.

:-\
$597 is for US Air. If Aeroplan isn't pulling up AC, they may not have availability.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
$597 is for US Air. If Aeroplan isn't pulling up AC, they may not have availability.
o okay.
yeah those roundtrips are great deals!
but i have a credit from air canada that they are making me use before january 2013. so this is pretty much my only chance to use it, and they wont let me do a name change to pass it on to my parents or anything (pain in the butt!, i shouldnt have booked with them in the first place!.. i only did it because when i first came to mexico i thought i might need proof of return so i bought it, than changed it and of course they charged me to change it, and ohhh what a headache!!, i should have bought my return with an american company to begin with! :(. live and learn!, now i will know, never again am i booking with air canada!!) :-\

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LeisaP said:
o okay.
yeah those roundtrips are great deals!
but i have a credit from air canada that they are making me use before january 2013. so this is pretty much my only chance to use it, and they wont let me do a name change to pass it on to my parents or anything (pain in the butt!, i shouldnt have booked with them in the first place!.. i only did it because when i first came to mexico i thought i might need proof of return so i bought it, than changed it and of course they charged me to change it, and ohhh what a headache!!, i should have bought my return with an american company to begin with! :(. live and learn!, now i will know, never again am i booking with air canada!!) :-\
Good luck with whatever you decide!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
Good luck with whatever you decide!
Thanks! and thanks for the help! :)

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
Does anyone know the process for changing a Mexican Driver's License to Canada (Alberta specifically). For Alberta is says that you have to show proof of previous driving experience to be exempt from the GDL. So a driver's abstract? What would the equivilant in Mexico be?

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
I need an answer ASAP!! Is it possible to go and get the SSP and give it to them this week and then DHL the PGR to them when its ready, or does it have to be hand delivered??

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
mc1234 said:
I need an answer ASAP!! Is it possible to go and get the SSP and give it to them this week and then DHL the PGR to them when its ready, or does it have to be hand delivered??
That's what we are doing. We already sent the SSP via DHL, and will go the same with the PGR when we get it. You do not need to hand deliver anything.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TSauretBaxter said:
Does anyone know the process for changing a Mexican Driver's License to Canada (Alberta specifically). For Alberta is says that you have to show proof of previous driving experience to be exempt from the GDL. So a driver's abstract? What would the equivilant in Mexico be?
Constancia de Antecedentes de Manejo.

For the DF you can get it at the SETRAVI offices at Alvaro Obregon 269 Planta Baja Ventanilla Unica. It's a bit of a pain to get (essentially, exact opposite of PGR in terms of pain level). You go, apply, they research it over a 'couple' weeks, you go back to make sure they 'found it,' get approval to pay, you go pay at Tesoreria, you take the receipt back to SETRAVI, they then process the request, you go back to pick it up and repeat until you go and it's ready for pickup. I would encourage you to get a simple copy and a certified copy if you'll need the Mexican Embassy in Canada in AB to certify that it's a real document (some provinces require that and it can take months to get the director of SETRAVI to sign off on it as a certified copy ... hence the suggestion to get a simple copy too).

There's a rumor that some offices in some provinces may accept the DL alone if it has the number of years of history on it so you may want to check to see if it's relevant for you (I was told of this rumor by a consulate but didn't find it to be accurate) - if so check specifically if they will take a 'permanent' DL because that notion tends to generate a lot of noise in people's heads as an impossibility.

Good luck!

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
OhCanadiana said:
Constancia de Antecedentes de Manejo.

For the DF you can get it at the SETRAVI offices at Alvaro Obregon 269 Planta Baja Ventanilla Unica. It's a bit of a pain to get (essentially, exact opposite of PGR in terms of pain level). You go, apply, they research it over a 'couple' weeks, you go back to make sure they 'found it,' get approval to pay, you go pay at Tesoreria, you take the receipt back to SETRAVI, they then process the request, you go back to pick it up and repeat until you go and it's ready for pickup. I would encourage you to get a simple copy and a certified copy if you'll need the Mexican Embassy in Canada in AB to certify that it's a real document (some provinces require that and it can take months to get the director of SETRAVI to sign off on it as a certified copy ... hence the suggestion to get a simple copy too).

There's a rumor that some offices in some provinces may accept the DL alone if it has the number of years of history on it so you may want to check to see if it's relevant for you (I was told of this rumor by a consulate but didn't find it to be accurate) - if so check specifically if they will take a 'permanent' DL because that notion tends to generate a lot of noise in people's heads as an impossibility.

Good luck!
Wow.. that's crazy even for Mexico.. lol I did read that you could apply for a GDL exemption with your existing DL, and it will be reviewed. But his DL was recently renewed.. and he had to surrender his old one.. so I think we may be out of luck. If you're over 25 you can take a Driver's ed course in lieu.. but it costs $1000, but that might be our best option.

CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
I am new on this thread and I am going to start the sponsoring for my wife, who is Mexican. I am Canadian born, Mexican raised (my mother Mexican). I lived most of my life in Mexico and now have been back for a year in Canada. We have three kids, boy 16, boy 10 and girl 6.
Things are not well in Mexico so I decided to come up and start setteling before bringing up the rest of the family. I came here with my son. We thought of applying for a visitors visa for my wife, and went for it, but of course was refused. I wanted her to come up first and see how she would like it. ANyways, not a good idea, and I have read that here, but I guess too late, as we lost our money on that.
Well, now I am going to go for the sponsorship. I am in Mexico now, and want to apply but I was told that I have to take everything to Canada and sent it to Ontario. If approved, they send everything to Mexico city and they will then contact my wife, is that true?
If I would be living in Mexico, then I would apply direct to Mexico city? But I am living in Edmonton and she is living in Mexico, so I do it thru Canada, correct? Sorry but I want to be totally sure before I go back to Canada.
I hope being married for almost 18 years with three kids that are ours, will help. My two boys have their Canadian citizenship and my daughter has been in process for 13 months now. They told me that it was in the final stage now, so I am expecting it to arrive very soon.
Anyways, any help our suggestions are really appreciated.

Frank

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
CdnMxHusb said:
Hello
I am new on this thread and I am going to start the sponsoring for my wife, who is Mexican. I am Canadian born, Mexican raised (my mother Mexican). I lived most of my life in Mexico and now have been back for a year in Canada. We have three kids, boy 16, boy 10 and girl 6.
Things are not well in Mexico so I decided to come up and start setteling before bringing up the rest of the family. I came here with my son. We thought of applying for a visitors visa for my wife, and went for it, but of course was refused. I wanted her to come up first and see how she would like it. ANyways, not a good idea, and I have read that here, but I guess too late, as we lost our money on that.
Well, now I am going to go for the sponsorship. I am in Mexico now, and want to apply but I was told that I have to take everything to Canada and sent it to Ontario. If approved, they send everything to Mexico city and they will then contact my wife, is that true?
If I would be living in Mexico, then I would apply direct to Mexico city? But I am living in Edmonton and she is living in Mexico, so I do it thru Canada, correct? Sorry but I want to be totally sure before I go back to Canada.
I hope being married for almost 18 years with three kids that are ours, will help. My two boys have their Canadian citizenship and my daughter has been in process for 13 months now. They told me that it was in the final stage now, so I am expecting it to arrive very soon.
Anyways, any help our suggestions are really appreciated.

Frank
Hi and welcome! Well with 18 years of marriage and 3 kids, I would say you will have no problems!

It doesn´t matter where you are living (Mexico or Canada); you will send everything to Mississauga first, where they will approve the sponsor (step one) and then once you are approved as a sponsor they will send everything off to Mexico city for stage two. (so you just need to worry about sending it to mississauga...the rest they will do.)

Stage 2 is where they check the applicant´s (your wife´s) info and your relashionship etc...

This is how it usually goes:

you send everything to mississauga...they will notify you (the sponsor) when you are approved as a sponsor. This step is taking a few months now.

Then they will mail everything to Mexico City.

Mexico city will send an AOR (ackowledgment of receipt) to your wife, to let you guys know it is in Mexico city and being looked at.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Hey!

Can someone tell me the name of the photos for the PGR? I know their oval, but what's the spanish word for them again pleasee :) ,

Also if we took them today, that would be fine expecting the PGR resquest to come within the next month right?
Or do they have to be taken within a week before or something like that?

Thankss :)

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
it called filiacion.. be sure to double check what the PGR wants if your doing it at local office. When we called the PGR in Mexico city they wanted tamaño filiacion (oval), when we called the PGR in Cancun, they wanted tamaño pasaporte (Mexican passport size) so just double check to avoid any headaches!!!

I think the pics have to be no older than 30 days old.. but im sure it wont be a problem even if its a few days older :)

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Happy Monday everyone! I am stuck at work on this lovely morning!