Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
We contacted the local mp
They’re of no help, everytime we call they say they’re gonna return a call an they never did. We have to be the ones calling and calling.
But true, we’re never depending on them.
Will try the Ottawa office though and see how it goes. Thanks
I've heard many times that the MPs' offices in Ottawa are much more effective because they have backroom channels with the staff for the Minister of Immigration etc. Worth a shot.

MrIncredible

Jan 28, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Trinidad VO
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
Doc's Request.
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-11-2018
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-03-2019
Interview........
10-03-2020
I've heard many times that the MPs' offices in Ottawa are much more effective because they have backroom channels with the staff for the Minister of Immigration etc. Worth a shot.
Ohhh okay thanks .
We’ll give it a try then see how that goes.

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
We contacted the local mp
They’re of no help, everytime we call they say they’re gonna return a call an they never did. We have to be the ones calling and calling.
But true, we’re never depending on them.
Will try the Ottawa office though and see how it goes. Thanks
That is how I got the additional help was by contacting the Ottawa office and now my MP is dealing direct with the immigration minister and the immigration ministers secretary. Now I have received news that we are in queue to be reviewed to skip the interview all together. They are much more helpful and can get more done especially when they hear how long you've been waiting!

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I can't remember where your spouse is from - but a lot of Cuban-Canadian couples I know are starting to get pre-arrivals from Mexico - there were quite a few over the last week. So it seems that they are indeed working - which is encouraging for you all.
Our file is in Trinidad and we are Oct 2018 applicants. A deeply frustrating experience - hoping it is over soon. Maybe it is just us Calgary folks that can't get a break? :)
What do you mean? You got me excited here lol

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
What do you mean? You got me excited here lol
I know of at least 4 Cuban-Canadian couples with files in Mexico who got their pre-arrival letters. Signs of life! I am NOT as hopeful for our file - which is in Trinidad and in queue for an interview (Which was cancelled on March 23rd). Gotta keep the faith though!

Reactions: FVPupnorth

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I know of at least 4 Cuban-Canadian couples with files in Mexico who got their pre-arrival letters. Signs of life! I am NOT as hopeful for our file - which is in Trinidad and in queue for an interview (Which was cancelled on March 23rd). Gotta keep the faith though!
Why did they sent it to Trinidad? Is pa from there?

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Why did they sent it to Trinidad? Is pa from there?
No - it's because the Canadian consulate in Havana is closed, and when they told the PA (my husband) that an interview was needed, they gave us only 2 choices: Trinidad and Tobago OR Mexico City. It is so hard for a Cuban to get a visa for Mexico and T&T didn't require a visa, so we picked T&T, but it's totally frustrating because that meant we also had to hire a live translator and make ANOTHER trip to T&T (They had to go there for the medicals too). Now we don't know what is happening at all.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
I know, my wife and i aldo went to T&T in February and did her medical there, i hope they do not ask for an interview, it cost me $7000 cad to go there. This is right before travel restrictions and all that.
They think we are milioners but unfortunately i am not lol . If they ask to go there again, we cant afford and will have to wait till i save up again.
Why they do not make it one trip to do both for people? I do not get it.
We applied August 2019 and file got transferred to Mexico 3 months after in october. Compare to others like yourself is not too bad. But still will be a year next month, we do not deserve to be treated like this. I lived with her 7 month after we got married in 2018. But no work in cuba so had to come back here to look for our loaf of bread :(
Sickening... and i see our PM with his lover on holiday with all fancy things y fancy talks....
It was a month a go that i heard mitch in this forum lost a baby due to lack of hospitalization.
It is not fare... immigrants life matter too. Why there is not sufficient funds to process applications in a timely manner? Why there is not integrity among visa offices around the globe?
Why they do not work on paper applications? The papers are from a year or two years a go. How stupid they virus on them? Are they snifelling peoples papers or eat them?
Feel sickening.... so sick of it.. 50,000 syrian refugees were welcome in one shot, np with that, but a lover of a Canadian citizen has to wait for year or two? I am paying taxes for what? Why there is no super visa for spouses ? If someone passes security checks should be done immediately and issued visa for a spousal sponsorship. The rest is BS . My opinion never mattered of course after all. Countries who are sticking like cancer to canada and call themselve allies do not require visas. Countries like cuba who never did anything to canada and canadian interests are considered enemy, just because of our nominal fake allies who steel masks from us. They are allies , go figure sister
It's beyond frustrating. Their infrastructure is really broken for this process and they are only now considering fixing it. It has never been a platform priority because MOST Canadians are not involved in this process, and some are against people landing here, so politicians will never make an election promise on immigration, and it usually falls to the back burner as other, bigger priorities take centre stage. I am not saying it is rigtht, but I do understand why it is this way. You are absolutely right - it should never take a year to reunite a family. I hope it improves and I hope we all hear good news soon.

Reactions: Samsun and Kiva667

Jan 21, 2020
It's beyond frustrating. Their infrastructure is really broken for this process and they are only now considering fixing it. It has never been a platform priority because MOST Canadians are not involved in this process, and some are against people landing here, so politicians will never make an election promise on immigration, and it usually falls to the back burner as other, bigger priorities take centre stage. I am not saying it is rigtht, but I do understand why it is this way. You are absolutely right - it should never take a year to reunite a family. I hope it improves and I hope we all hear good news soon.
Its absolute non sense my file is in Mexico for 11 months still processing how in competent are these immigration officers.I have a son for my husband,my son lives with me,I do not know what more proof they want.

BOSOXNATION

Nov 14, 2019
Its absolute non sense my file is in Mexico for 11 months still processing how in competent are these immigration officers.I have a son for my husband,my son lives with me,I do not know what more proof they want.
My file has been in process since November 2018. Been in Mexico since July 2019. Only thing accomplished in Mexico was medicals . I don’t have any idea what they have done in one year it’s absolutely insane they are making our families wait like this . It’s so sad to keep families separated . Praying for good news for all of us . Trying to keep my head up everyday wishing all the best for everyone .

Reactions: Samsun

Jan 21, 2020
My file has been in process since November 2018. Been in Mexico since July 2019. Only thing accomplished in Mexico was medicals . I don’t have any idea what they have done in one year it’s absolutely insane they are making our families wait like this . It’s so sad to keep families separated . Praying for good news for all of us . Trying to keep my head up everyday wishing all the best for everyone .
My husband medical was requested from Canada since June 2019 after he pass his medical it was transferred to Mexico in October 2019

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
This is what bothers me a lot, our applications are one year old is Mexico and they have done absolutely nothing.