17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Your process is still on going?
Passports are at the visa office being stamped so yes it’s still not over until he lands .

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
I just received the notes yesterday and it does not tell me much
Yes that’s how it was with us as well , I had an indication of interview because review required was all over the notes . All in all the interview was intense but went well and he should arrive in Canada mid January

Reactions: starpanda

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Yes that’s how it was with us as well , I had an indication of interview because review required was all over the notes . All in all the interview was intense but went well and he should arrive in Canada mid January
gonna start ordering notes then in January if i have no news to see if i shall prepare my wife on it

And i dont see things that could led to that but that's still Mexico

patjen

Feb 27, 2019
I just checked my ECAS and it said this: so if it started processing October 23....does it take a long time after this:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 7, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 29, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 23, 2019.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on March 28, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
My wife and I were in the same boat as all of you and we know how you all feel having to wait for so long without getting any message. We were Nov 2018, my wife is now in Canada she received passport request end of October, just 3 weeks prior to our 1 yr. One thing I can tell you is that MVO is not very good at updating GCKEY but this doesn't mean that they are not working on your file, I am sure they are . In our case, as it was for many other people on this forum, all the information were being updated on the last couple of weeks. Pre-arrival letter, passport request all came within 3 weeks prior to the 1 year. I beleive that background check was done well before it was update to " we are processing your background check " on the last weeks to 1 year. I doubt that they could have done it in only 3 weeks to DM . I posted an article from an ex-senior officer at IRC a couple of months ago regarding the GCKEY which is very old and complex system and time consuming... Ordering notes before the 1 year is just a waste of time not only that but it also take away the manpower from working on your file but again I know how nerve raking for each one of us as we all want to know what is going on with our file. In our case we had an update on ECAS " We started processing your application on July 21, 2019. " From July 21 to October 31 it's 3 months. I would say that your file is on a good track and you will get the good news in January......

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Thx a lot!!! ..your link helps me a lot at least to calm down ..but being honest 100% I am so so desperate to be with my family that sometimes I think I will not get it and I cry and I lose hope..is hard the waiting but it's even harder to not know what is going on..today is my 9 day since my husband wrote to VO to know if they get our file because since October 15 it got transferred we dont have news or anything..we are scared it got lost or something like that.. i am April 17 2019 applicant and i know i have to be patient but that word is like something impossible to feel when you want to get up in the morning and the only thing you want is have a breakfast in family or get home from work and have your spouse waiting for you....
took me around 9-10 days to get a response from Mexico. Stay patient nothing else to do. trust me i know right how tough is.... im just glad i'm going there to see my wife for Xmas on sunday its not yet Canada but its time together and will make us forget a bit about the process cause this year been tough

Jan27

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Thx a lot!!! ..your link helps me a lot at least to calm down ..but being honest 100% I am so so desperate to be with my family that sometimes I think I will not get it and I cry and I lose hope..is hard the waiting but it's even harder to not know what is going on..today is my 9 day since my husband wrote to VO to know if they get our file because since October 15 it got transferred we dont have news or anything..we are scared it got lost or something like that.. i am April 17 2019 applicant and i know i have to be patient but that word is like something impossible to feel when you want to get up in the morning and the only thing you want is have a breakfast in family or get home from work and have your spouse waiting for you....

Jan27

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
took me around 9-10 days to get a response from Mexico. Stay patient nothing else to do. trust me i know right how tough is.... im just glad i'm going there to see my wife for Xmas on sunday its not yet Canada but its time together and will make us forget a bit about the process cause this year been tough
Well tomorrow is Saturday so..I dont think I will get an answer tomorrow..still have hours from today..so I think if I will get any answer it may be next week..but thanks a lot for writing..I will be always so thankful to all of you who takes a 5 to writes us the ones who are not patient or still have a long way..

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Well tomorrow is Saturday so..I dont think I will get an answer tomorrow..still have hours from today..so I think if I will get any answer it may be next week..but thanks a lot for writing..I will be always so thankful to all of you who takes a 5 to writes us the ones who are not patient or still have a long way..
lol i am not that patient myself and i know what causes delay is also the 2 way immigration with Quebec. but is almost done

Reactions: Jan27

Jan27

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Wish you both a very beautiful life and a merry Christmas!!!..thanks for writing again..

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Wish you both a very beautiful life and a merry Christmas!!!..thanks for writing again..
Yes ty ! Hey we all need support is a tough process on nerves minding and all.

Merry Xmas to you as well and good news soon!

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
When this is all over for us. We are all going to need to go into rehab for withdrawal. All of us addicted to checking the status of our files. How will we live again?
hahhaha

Cases for psycho houses

(you are now a danger to Canada you can't be a sponsor) lol

and then we responds WHaT!! YOu caused it!

Na seriously is gonna be such a weight off shoulders to have this finished. Finally building a life here , not always be on luggage to see wife and all.

Jan27

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
When this is all over for us. We are all going to need to go into rehab for withdrawal. All of us addicted to checking the status of our files. How will we live again?
Jajajaja
Thanks for helping to release stress jjjj I keep laughing jj..it is being honest one of the most relaxing post I ever read !!
I am addicted to check the forum too JjjBut I can stay on this one after ending sponsorship process at least

Reactions: som3body

patjen

Feb 27, 2019
You're welcome. I know how you feel and I know how hard it is. To be honest with you, I was like you too. I mean waiting and waiting asking question of what if's? I was the one checking if there was any update on GCKEY almost everyday then every week then everyday again. This is normal , we are all like that, this is human nature. I have smoked tons cigarettes because of that but I have never lost faith. I think that these people are professionals this is what they do everyday and they can well detect right from wrong and true from false. Not every case is the same some are more complicated than others and I think it also depend on the country, the technologies in some countries etc... No matter how hard it is especially during this time of the year you have to be strong and think positive. I am sure that you will be with your family in April and so will the other people on this forum when their time comes !!!

Jan27

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
You're welcome. I know how you feel and I know how hard it is. To be honest with you, I was like you too. I mean waiting and waiting asking question of what if's? I was the one checking if there was any update on GCKEY almost everyday then every week then everyday again. This is normal , we are all like that, this is human nature. I have smoked tons cigarettes because of that but I have never lost faith. I think that these people are professionals this is what they do everyday and they can well detect right from wrong and true from false. Not every case is the same some are more complicated than others and I think it also depend on the country, the technologies in some countries etc... No matter how hard it is especially during this time of the year you have to be strong and think positive. I am sure that you will be with your family in April and so will the other people on this forum when their time comes !!!
Millions of thanks for taking the time And because of the nice words and encouragement...I am still checking GCkey none stop even when my husband tells me to not to and give up..but i cant..and even when I know things are more complicated in my position because I am from Cuba I wanna stay strong and with hope...but I have my days of sadness..thanks..thanks a lot!!!