+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

patjen

Feb 27, 2019
Millions of thanks for taking the time And because of the nice words and encouragement...I am still checking GCkey none stop even when my husband tells me to not to and give up..but i cant..and even when I know things are more complicated in my position because I am from Cuba I wanna stay strong and with hope...but I have my days of sadness..thanks..thanks a lot!!!
Haha listen even if the head of the MVO will tell you tomorrow that everything is ok you will receive your visa soon you will still check GCKEY everyday to make sure that it is true... it's normal. Like me I was looking for news I was expecting to get and email from them everyday when the email comes my heart keep pounding not knowing what to expect... This is how it was for me

Reactions: Jan27 and som3body

Jan27

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Haha listen even if the head of the MVO will tell you tomorrow that everything is ok you will receive your visa soon you will still check GCKEY everyday to make sure that it is true... it's normal. Like me I was looking for news I was expecting to get and email from them everyday when the email comes my heart keep pounding not knowing what to expect... This is how it was for me
You are so so right...thanks for the good laugh and the amazing words..you just describe me and ways jjjj

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
My heart pounces when I get any email notification. I got an email for work at 3 am last night. Woke up so excited, and then disappointed. My wife is always telling me stop checking. When its meant to come it will. But I just can't help it.

Hoping all of us get through soon. Unlike most of you here. I decided to live with my wife til her sponsorship goes through, but living in Guyana for more than a year is difficult to handle. So her approval is not just a ticket out for her, but me as well.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Has anyone here had any experience with tracking the passport on VFS Global. Passport has been submitted to the VAC but I am unable to track it at all. The good thing is my husband gets texts and emails as well, but no updates since submission.... Hoping someone here has some tips or tricks with this tracking. PA is from Dominican Republic and the tracking number keeps showing no records found lol

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
My heart pounces when I get any email notification. I got an email for work at 3 am last night. Woke up so excited, and then disappointed. My wife is always telling me stop checking. When its meant to come it will. But I just can't help it.

Hoping all of us get through soon. Unlike most of you here. I decided to live with my wife til her sponsorship goes through, but living in Guyana for more than a year is difficult to handle. So her approval is not just a ticket out for her, but me as well.
Awe I know exactly how you feel, It is an incredibly hard Journey. It takes a toll on the most stable of relationships. Best thing I ever did in the last leg of this process was to stop checking emails, Now I must admit I am obsessive again with trying to track his passport return lol
I am sending you positive vibes

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
gonna start ordering notes then in January if i have no news to see if i shall prepare my wife on it

And i dont see things that could led to that but that's still Mexico
We didnt think we would get one either..... but we did. It seems more and more common now, and is not a bad thing at all. USA interviews each and every applicant, seems like Canada may follow suit

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
We didnt think we would get one either..... but we did. It seems more and more common now, and is not a bad thing at all. USA interviews each and every applicant, seems like Canada may follow suit

Yeah but if they start to do that... 12 months average will almost never happen and would add up such a bunch of work to the staff that are already overfilled with cases on desk.... not sure Canada can afford that.

It's not a bad thing at all when you don't have to wait another 6 months to have one... and you have the right to enter the country which most PA' don't have , she can't unless asking a Visa to Mexico and is also tons of cost.

• We don't have dependent childs
  • it's both our 1st marriage
  • We are not a big differential in age
  • she's in the same religion as me
And she's speaking spanish english and learning french by the board !

So that eliminate most of the flags they put in usual.

We did all in order following procedures ... so if they do that i won't get at all.

Last edited:

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
yeah but if they start to do that... 12 months average will almost never happen and would add up such a bunch of work to the staff that are already overfilled with cases on desk.... not sure Canada can afford that.
Canada cant afford the backlog with Quebec either but they are doing it . Nothing they do makes any sense and its about patience, something I have lacked a little throughout this as well. You are almost done my friend, i know very very soon I will log in and see your update that your wife is on her way.
I thought this day would never get here for my family but here i am planning their arrival and frantically searching for the warmest winter jackets I can find HAHA

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Canada cant afford the backlog with Quebec either but they are doing it . Nothing they do makes any sense and its about patience, something I have lacked a little throughout this as well. You are almost done my friend, i know very very soon I will log in and see your update that your wife is on her way.
I thought this day would never get here for my family but here i am planning their arrival and frantically searching for the warmest winter jackets I can find HAHA
haha i know right arrival at winter is something.

"Canada cant afford the backlog with Quebec" -. Actually is the reversing its Quebec that sets the number of applicants per year.... Canada would send way more ...they can't do much about it (Refusing sponsorship with a quota ? def not..) than putting pressure on Quebec to increase this back. is the only thing i don't put blame on IRCC. lol

I know it's mostly done i just hope they honor their 12 months timeline is all. cause for now NOTHING block the situation and CSQ approval is on the way... so we shouldn't kept on hold for this either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suzy18

patjen

Feb 27, 2019
Awe I know exactly how you feel, It is an incredibly hard Journey. It takes a toll on the most stable of relationships. Best thing I ever did in the last leg of this process was to stop checking emails, Now I must admit I am obsessive again with trying to track his passport return lol
I am sending you positive vibes
We had the same problem, I sent several emails they told me that their tracking system was down. So I think this thing never works or may be in some countries only. Good thing that, like your husband, my wife was getting txt messages from them. No worries it's on it's way!!!

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
We had the same problem, I sent several emails they told me that their tracking system was down. So I think this thing never works or may be in some countries only. Good thing that, like your husband, my wife was getting txt messages from them. No worries it's on it's way!!!
I am waiting on a reply I sent them a request on web form asking for an update. Its been maybe 10 days now. Have not heard back. I don't know if the papers even reached Mexico haven't received any confirmation. Just that they were sent on Oct 10th. ECAS updated on the 28th saying the file is processing.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Its so frustrating, but yes Hubby is getting texts and emails. Unfortunately hes not that great at letting me know LOL.

Reactions: starpanda

patjen

Feb 27, 2019
I am waiting on a reply I sent them a request on web form asking for an update. Its been maybe 10 days now. Have not heard back. I don't know if the papers even reached Mexico haven't received any confirmation. Just that they were sent on Oct 10th. ECAS updated on the 28th saying the file is processing.
Did you sent docs by courier of uploaded? Don't they usually send you a reminder if they don't receive the requested document? They won't any update in either GCKEY or ECAS as to whether or not they have receive it. Hopefully you get a reply from them but as you said ECAS upated on 28th we are processing, this is a good sign

Reactions: FVPupnorth