+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
is what i said... bull**** :)
here's the answer i got from Mexico a few weeks ago..

Sir,
Your application has been received by our office in Mexico. Our office will contact you as soon as we are ready to start processing your file. An exact review schedule is not yet available. However, all applications will be reviewed in the order in which they were received.

it's mention directly in "order in which they were received"

lol :p bullshit *plays violin
I don't believe it's bull****, although I do realize how frustrating and exhausting the wait is. We are down to just under 3 weeks with our application and still answering questions from Mexico VO. Nothing unusual about our file, except that my husband was airport police so they require more info from him.

I do believe the files are dealt with in order of receipt in VO, however, once opened and they start working on them there are different circumstances, situations, etc. that determine what processes the file has to be put through. This will definitely change the direction of a file and determine how much longer or shorter the processing time will be.

To make things worst, Mexico VO constantly asks that info be returned in 15 days, not business days, and even to courier an envelope with a few pages of paper to Mexico from Costa Rica takes 4 full days and $50+ when the system in CR is working. It hasn't been the last two times we've had to send it, so it has taken longer to arrive. This time I have to email them because the response to their questions will not arrive in 15 days - probably 18 but I can't help that, just doing the best I can.

I really don't think it is helpful to anyone to constantly look at things in a negative light, or complain about issues none of us can do anything about. Sharing experiences to inform others is good ... we have to wait and have hope, so staying positive is the only thing we can do to keep our sanity! Good luck to everyone for news asap.

Last edited:

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I don't believe it's bull****, although I do realize how frustrating and exhausting the wait is. We are down to just under 3 weeks with out application and still answering questions from Mexico VO. Nothing unusual about our file, except that my husband was airport police so they require more info from him.

I do believe the files are dealt with in order of receipt in VO, however, once opened and they start working on them there are different circumstances, situations, etc. that determine what processes the file has to be put through. This will definitely change the direction of a file and determine how much longer or shorter the processing time will be.

To make things worst, Mexico VO constantly asks that info be returned in 15 days, not business days, and even to courier an envelope with a few pages of paper to Mexico from Costa Rica takes 4 full days and $50+ when the system in CR is working. It hasn't been the last two times we've had to send it so, it has taken longer to arrive. This time I have to email them because the response to their questions will not arrive in 15 days - probably 18 but I can't help that, just doing the best I can.

I really don't think it is helpful to anyone to constantly look at things in a negative light, or complain about issues none of us can do anything about. Sharing experiences to inform others is good ... we have to wait and have hope, so staying positive is the only thing we can do to keep our sanity! Good luck to everyone for news asap.

To make things worst, Mexico VO constantly asks that info be returned in 15 days, not business days, and even to courier an envelope with a few pages of paper to Mexico from Costa Rica takes 4 full days and $50+

lol 15 days... yeah right as if it was always possible just to send a letter to Montreal here takes like 2,3 days in Xpress.

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
Now, I have a question I need help with. I haven't had to send a webform or email to the Mexico VO before but I have to send the latest ADR response today by email in some form because it's going to be late be courier. What is the best/most efficient way to do that?

Is there a specific address we send to for Mexico VO?

Or is the general "webform" used for Mexico as well as Sydney IRCC?

I can't respond through GCKey because our file has never been able to connect by GCKey, only info we get is email and on eCAS.

Thanks for your help! :)

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Now, I have a question I need help with. I haven't had to send a webform or email to the Mexico VO before but I have to send the latest ADR response today by email in some form because it's going to be late be courier. What is the best/most efficient way to do that?

Is there a specific address we send to for Mexico VO?

Or is the general "webform" used for Mexico as well as Sydney IRCC?

I can't respond through GCKey because our file has never been able to connect by GCKey, only info we get is email and on eCAS.

Thanks for your help! :)

MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca is directly there, its usually answered in between 8 -10 days but at least they will see the correspondance

Reactions: FVPupnorth

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
To make things worst, Mexico VO constantly asks that info be returned in 15 days, not business days, and even to courier an envelope with a few pages of paper to Mexico from Costa Rica takes 4 full days and $50+

lol 15 days... yeah right as if it was always possible just to send a letter to Montreal here takes like 2,3 days in Xpress.

I did not know that. Luckily we have not been asked for any additional documents. The only request they made was for Bio metrics and we already had those when we applied for my wife's visitors visa which got denied.

I guess communication is not their strong suit. They should have a system like automated telephone queues.

It should be something like. You are applicant number 631313 - There are 300 applicants before you. Your approximate wait time is 10 days. Thank you for your patience.

It would give us all a good laugh, and an update.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I did not know that. Luckily we have not been asked for any additional documents. The only request they made was for Bio metrics and we already had those when we applied for my wife's visitors visa which got denied.

I guess communication is not their strong suit. They should have a system like automated telephone queues.

It should be something like. You are applicant number 631313 - There are 300 applicants before you. Your approximate wait time is 10 days. Thank you for your patience.

Sorry was a quote from someone else haven't been asked either yet for any ADR.

yeah.. would be more like .... overflow of queuing applicants please call back in 2 months lol

Jan27

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Our file was transferred Oct 10. Still have not received any updates so far. ECAS just shows its in processing. Have not heard anything else since. There is someone else that has the exact same timeline as us from Guyana and they received their PPR about 14 days ago.
I am not from Guyana but my time line is send to VO october 15 and I am from Cuba

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM

The reason I commented on how fast they wanted their responses was because they are so slow in updating the applicants (us). So if we took as long as they did to respond, they would never make the 12 month timeline suggested. :eek:

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
The reason I commented on how fast they wanted their responses was because they are so slow in updating the applicants (us). So if we took as long as they did to respond, they would never make the 12 month timeline suggested. :eek:
Yeah wow. You have like 3 weeks until your 12 months is done. Really hope you hear back soon. Gets frustrating as you get closer to the twelve months.

Reactions: FVPupnorth

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
here's the answer i got from Mexico a few weeks ago..

Sir,

Your application has been received by our office in Mexico. Our office will contact you as soon as we are ready to start processing your file. An exact review schedule is not yet available. However, all applications will be reviewed in the order in which they were received.

it's mention directly in "order in which they were received"

lol :p bullshit *plays violin
Like i said before, i promise you It all comes to an end eventually, stay strong and have faith. I cant tell you how many times my husband and i wanted to give up. Finally his passport and my sons passport are on the way to mexico to be processed........ and my family will be complete in a matter of weeks.
I can confirm that even in the interview the officer stated that the Mexico VO has taken on alot of new countries and that it has been difficult to catch up.
Hang in there the happy days are on the way

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Like i said before, i promise you It all comes to an end eventually, stay strong and have faith. I cant tell you how many times my husband and i wanted to give up. Finally his passport and my sons passport are on the way to mexico to be processed........ and my family will be complete in a matter of weeks.
I can confirm that even in the interview the officer stated that the Mexico VO has taken on alot of new countries and that it has been difficult to catch up.
Hang in there the happy days are on the way
i know it's gonna end hehe just telling that what they say and do.... i have my doubt it was just fun you mentioned the "noo they dont do like that" and i just remembered the fact of receiving this letter lol :p

Reactions: laport2018

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
It’s frustrating , and we all understand how you feel, but no it’s not really in order because every relationship and circumstance is different . I promise you this all ends soon . I was a sept 2018 applicant , my husband received ppr dec 2 and now we are waiting for passport to be returned .
Stay strong ok
I just checked my ECAS and it said this: so if it started processing October 23....does it take a long time after this:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 7, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 29, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 23, 2019.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on March 28, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
I just checked my ECAS and it said this: so if it started processing October 23....does it take a long time after this:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 7, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 29, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 23, 2019.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on March 28, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
I can’t say for sure but what I can tell you is ours was over the year and this was because they decided we needed an interview . I would order gcms notes and see if there is any indication of what’s going on behind the scenes. I wish you all the best of luck and patience through this process

Reactions: Jan27

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
I can’t say for sure but what I can tell you is ours was over the year and this was because they decided we needed an interview . I would order gcms notes and see if there is any indication of what’s going on behind the scenes. I wish you all the best of luck and patience through this process

Your process is still on going?

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
I just received the notes yesterday and it does not tell me much