File Transfer...
22-07-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
08-03-2019
Interview........
NA
Now I received my passport! with my visa and tomorrow I'm going to Canada!

My fulltime in my signature.

Jan27

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
That is discouraging. That is a month before us. I do not know if mine takes longer because there are also 2 children
I am so sorry..I understand what you feel..I am from Cuba and I am not from January but I am from April and I dont even know if they got our file because we dont get answers yet...pls I know is to much ask and it may sound insensible from me but we can't do anything...pls be patient you will get news really soon!!wish you the best of lucks..

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
It's really absurd, if you have 2 children it's more than clear that your relationship is genuine, so I don't think it's the cause of the delay. It seems to me that they take the applications at random or i dont know really.
There are really so many factors that determine how fast or how slowly an application is processed. Is the application complete? Is your information understandable and logical? Or is it confusing to the reviewing officer? Does Mexico have easy or difficult information exchange agreements with the country that you are from? For example, for those of us with spouses in Cuba -much of the Cuban background information is still HAND WRITTEN and can not be transmitted electronically - so documents have to be transmitted through special envoy -maybe once a month or once every two months to Mexico (who knows?). You may have a bigger family, your spouse may have had a special role in the military or in political groups that need to be examined. There is this and SO much more. You really can't base your finish date based on your start date.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
There are really so many factors that determine how fast or how slowly an application is processed. Is the application complete? Is your information understandable and logical? Or is it confusing to the reviewing officer? Does Mexico have easy or difficult information exchange agreements with the country that you are from? For example, for those of us with spouses in Cuba -much of the Cuban background information is still HAND WRITTEN and can not be transmitted electronically - so documents have to be transmitted through special envoy -maybe once a month or once every two months to Mexico (who knows?). You may have a bigger family, your spouse may have had a special role in the military or in political groups that need to be examined. There is this and SO much more. You really can't base your finish date based on your start date.
Yeah but what's the purpose of keeping our files in storage for 6months in Sydney, doing BGC and all if it's to restart at arrival at VO?!?? Those things should be cleared out at the arrival date. I know there's a big backlog at Mexico but there's limit

So far they didn't ask any additionnal papers , nothing since start. I'm at 10 weeks from the year.. i don't think all gonna be over by then

Last edited:

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Yeah but what's the purpose of keeping our files in storage for 6months in Sydney, doing BGC and all if it's to restart at arrival at VO?!?? Those things should be cleared out at the arrival date. I know there's a big backlog at Mexico but there's limit

So far they didn't ask any additionnal papers , nothing since start. I'm at 10 weeks from the year.. i don't think all gonna be over by then
I think its to make sure they give the visa offices enough time to work through the files that are already stuck with them. Certain Visa offices perform much faster, probably due to the amount of staff and lack of visitor visa requirements. While Mexico VO is also doing visitor visas, student visas as well as sponsorships, and such.

As far as criminality goes, In Guyana there is no computerized system where information can be sent and searched at the click of a button. Its all paper based as it probably is with many of the countries that Mexico VO is dealing with. So getting responses from these countries is probably a long process as well.

I understand it is frustrating waiting. But there is nothing we can do, getting notes and correspondence wont help us in determining how far our file is. All my wife and I do is pray every day and have faith that all is going well there. Hopefully yours comes soon and you can be reunited with your family.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I think its to make sure they give the visa offices enough time to work through the files that are already stuck with them. Certain Visa offices perform much faster, probably due to the amount of staff and lack of visitor visa requirements. While Mexico VO is also doing visitor visas, student visas as well as sponsorships, and such.

As far as criminality goes, In Guyana there is no computerized system where information can be sent and searched at the click of a button. Its all paper based as it probably is with many of the countries that Mexico VO is dealing with. So getting responses from these countries is probably a long process as well.

I understand it is frustrating waiting. But there is nothing we can do, getting notes and correspondence wont help us in determining how far our file is. All my wife and I do is pray every day and have faith that all is going well there. Hopefully yours comes soon and you can be reunited with your family.
yeah i understand but it's like , you are kept at Sydney sleeping in a storage for months, when all has been done and then a day they wake up and sent you to Mexico if it's to redo all the jobs that has been done in Sydney , what's the benefits for IRCC ?? Just an excuse to keep us waiting ??? i don't get.

Why would the BGC need to be redone at arrival to Mexico if all been already done at Sydney for more than 6 months after SA ?

Of course i pray too so this thing ends. And for notes..lol waste of time i've tried and that says nothing.

Thought VO's part was mostly to just finish BGC with Eligibility and that's all

And if it's a lack of staff , send a batch to Missisauga that's all !??! the green cases at least to lower the queuing??

It's clearly stated that ANY VO can perform the application they are supposed to have access to the same information... why backlogging vo's when some are turning thumbs

This old british way to do things need some refreshing sorry for england ppl here lol but is true. ;P

IRCC is a big organisation , they def can do some changes like that and balancing work in between VO's but it's always statu-quo nothing change years after years.

I don't think is that normal to have to wait minimum 8 months to be sent to VO that def shows internal issues lol

Last edited:

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
yeah i understand but it's like , you are kept at Sydney sleeping in a storage for months, when all has been done and then a day they wake up and sent you to Mexico if it's to redo all the jobs that has been done in Sydney , what's the benefits for IRCC ?? Just an excuse to keep us waiting ??? i don't get.

Why would the BGC need to be redone at arrival to Mexico if all been already done at Sydney for more than 6 months after SA ?

Of course i pray too so this thing ends. And for notes..lol waste of time i've tried and that says nothing.

And if it's a lack of staff , send a batch to Missisauga that's all !??! the green cases at least to lower the queuing??

It's clearly stated that ANY VO can perform the application they are supposed to have access to the same information... why backlogging vo's when some are turning thumbs

This old british way to do things need some refreshing sorry for england ppl here lol but is true. ;P

IRCC is a big organisation , they def can do some changes like that and balancing work in between VO's but it's always statu-quo nothing change years after years.

I don't think is that normal to have to wait minimum 8 months to be sent to VO that def shows internal issues lol

Like any organization they also have internal problems. Like any bureaucratic process, changes to IRCC will also take time to make happen.

I do agree however it should be on a level field, People from India get approved much faster than any where else around the world. My wife's cousin sponsored his wife in June and in October she received her visa. I have seen many cases like that from India. In fact if you look at the spreadsheets you will see people from India going through much faster. This may also be due to the fact that they have better information sharing agreements with India than here.

If you look at the IRCC website it also states they have fast track agreements in place for five countries for student visas and such. Unfortunately there are none in the Caribbeans.

I should have gotten my wife to get her Indian citizenship. Maybe that would have sped up the process.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Like any organization they also have internal problems. Like any bureaucratic process, changes to IRCC will also take time to make happen.

I do agree however it should be on a level field, People from India get approved much faster than any where else around the world. My wife's cousin sponsored his wife in June and in October she received her visa. I have seen many cases like that from India. In fact if you look at the spreadsheets you will see people from India going through much faster. This may also be due to the fact that they have better information sharing agreements with India than here.

If you look at the IRCC website it also states they have fast track agreements in place for five countries for student visas and such. Unfortunately there are none in the Caribbeans.

I should have gotten my wife to get her Indian citizenship. Maybe that would have sped up the process.
40% of sponsorship are from India.. that's why, special channel

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
I'm really confused with this process. I thought it was supposed to go in order of date received. My application was received January 9 and transferred to Mexico and still nothing. So how do people get this far before me at the Mexico VO?
It’s frustrating , and we all understand how you feel, but no it’s not really in order because every relationship and circumstance is different . I promise you this all ends soon . I was a sept 2018 applicant , my husband received ppr dec 2 and now we are waiting for passport to be returned .
Stay strong ok

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019

It’s backlog that’s it

Reactions: FVPupnorth

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
It’s frustrating , and we all understand how you feel, but no it’s not really in order because every relationship and circumstance is different . I promise you this all ends soon . I was a sept 2018 applicant , my husband received ppr dec 2 and now we are waiting for passport to be returned .
Stay strong ok

here's the answer i got from Mexico a few weeks ago..

Sir,

Your application has been received by our office in Mexico. Our office will contact you as soon as we are ready to start processing your file. An exact review schedule is not yet available. However, all applications will be reviewed in the order in which they were received.

it's mention directly in "order in which they were received"

lol :p bullshit *plays violin

Last edited:

som3body

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
here's the answer i got from Mexico a few weeks ago..

Sir,

Your application has been received by our office in Mexico. Our office will contact you as soon as we are ready to start processing your file. An exact review schedule is not yet available. However, all applications will be reviewed in the order in which they were received.

it's mention directly in "order in which they were received"

lol :p bullshit *plays violin
Our file was transferred Oct 10. Still have not received any updates so far. ECAS just shows its in processing. Have not heard anything else since. There is someone else that has the exact same timeline as us from Guyana and they received their PPR about 14 days ago.

Last edited:

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Our file was transferred Oct 10. Still have not received any updates so far. ECAS just shows its in processing. Have not heard anything else since. There is someone else that has the exact same timeline as us from Guyana and they received their PPR about 14 days ago.
is what i said... bull**** :) in order we receive them hahha whatever

Last edited: