Med's Done....
17-07-2018
Passport Req..
24-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2019
LANDED..........
20-06-2019
Is there anyone in this forum that is june,2018 applicants and Mexico visa office.
Any updates?
I an June 1st and I haven’t heard anything since AOR2 in January.

yasin.natalia

Apr 2, 2019
someone from May with update on the VO mexico I have not heard anything since November and I'm already in my 11 months and nothing

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
I an June 1st and I haven’t heard anything since AOR2 in January.
Urgh how frustrating ! At this point in your process I would order notes find out what’s going on. Mexico VO is so slow in general , but more so with certain countries too . DR being one of them . I would order your notes because the end is in sight for you :)

michyme

Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City/Port of spain
AOR Received.
13 - 08 - 2018
File Transfer...
24 - 10 - 2018
Med's Request
19 - 01 - 2019
Med's Done....
03 - 2019
Interview........
10- 03 -2020
Passport Req..
16 - 09 - 2020
LANDED..........
25 - 09- 2020

june2018

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
01/06/2018
Doc's Request.
16-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-07-2018
File Transfer...
20-11-2018
Med's Request
16-07-2018
Med's Done....
17-07-2018
Passport Req..
24-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2019
LANDED..........
20-06-2019
Urgh how frustrating ! At this point in your process I would order notes find out what’s going on. Mexico VO is so slow in general , but more so with certain countries too . DR being one of them . I would order your notes because the end is in sight for you :)
Very frustrating :rolleyes: We ordered our notes April 5 so looking forward to seeing what they say if they say anything useful at all.

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Very frustrating :rolleyes: We ordered our notes April 5 so looking forward to seeing what they say if they say anything useful at all.
All the useful stuff is down near the end

epanda

May 31, 2018
I have received a lettre from Mexico VO asking for CSQ (certificat de sélection du québec). The thing is that I have 30 days to send it but it is currently in process since April 4th (the CSQ) I thought that Quebec sends the CSQ directly to immigration Canada so they shouldn't ask me to send it? Also they say to send it by mail directly to Mexico? Is there a better way to send it, email online forms? Anyone from Quebec got the same email? What did you do?

gisalala

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
I have received a lettre from Mexico VO asking for CSQ (certificat de sélection du québec). The thing is that I have 30 days to send it but it is currently in process since April 4th (the CSQ) I thought that Quebec sends the CSQ directly to immigration Canada so they shouldn't ask me to send it? Also they say to send it by mail directly to Mexico? Is there a better way to send it, email online forms? Anyone from Quebec got the same email? What did you do?
In my case, I sent the CSQ request to Quebec, and they sent directly to Mexico VO.

The only thing you have to do is sent the forms and payment to the immigration dept in Quebec.

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
I am pretty sure the people working in the Mexico VO are being paid the Canadian wage? But I don't know for sure. I do agree that it is extremely hard to watch others get their Visa's in less time. No

Mexico VO is SUPER SLOW, I honestly believe that they are overwhelmed with all the new Countries they are handling? Its not an excuse at all but I am almost positive this is the reason.
This office has always been slow , but I dont think wages are the problem at all. My opinion its the overwhelming amount of applications sent there. Hang in there everyone our day will arrrive :)

Why not improve the process for Mexico if it boils down to # of applications? Shouldn't they just hire more workers? :confused: How is it fair that a ton of December '18 applicants from other parts of the world have PPR and pre-arrival letter while DEC '18 apps going to Mexico are STILL in Sydney NS awaiting transfer?

I know so many claim to have 'a straightforward case'; but ours most definitely is, both same address our entire adult lives, no previous marriages, long, well documented relationship ... all BGC up to date, medicals done and passed... a ton of high profile reference letters including personal letter from MPs in Canada... sponsor approved, yet still no transfer to Mexico VO. Then the wait is even GREATER after it even gets there.

What is going on with other places that is not taking place with respect to Central America / DR, etc.?
Shouldn't this process be equal or on a first come first serve case basis for people of all countries with relatively straightforward cases? Why are some November/December 2018 applicants in USA, UK, India, Africa, etc getting rapid-passed but if PA is from Central America or any of the islands it remains a 13-30 month process? :eek: (I have resigned to this being a LONG process for us going through Mexico despite my ranting lol ....)

First I gave my feedback about this https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx then ....

I wrote this guy, THE HONOURABLE AHMED HUSSEN, to highlight my concerns about MEXICO VO process times vs. others around the world - Email: Ahmed.Hussen@parl.gc.ca.

Last edited:

pasqguz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
File Transfer...
24-06-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-28-2019
Why not improve the process for Mexico if it boils down to # of applications? Shouldn't they just hire more workers? :confused: How is it fair that a ton of December '18 applicants from other parts of the world have PPR and pre-arrival letter while DEC '18 apps going to Mexico are STILL in Sydney NS awaiting transfer?

I know so many claim to have 'a straightforward case'; but ours most definitely is, both same address our entire adult lives, no previous marriages, long, well documented relationship ... all BGC up to date, medicals done and passed... a ton of high profile reference letters including personal letter from MPs in Canada... sponsor approved, yet still no transfer to Mexico VO. Then the wait is even GREATER after it even gets there.

What is going on with other places that is not taking place with respect to Central America / DR, etc.?
Shouldn't this process be equal or on a first come first serve case basis for people of all countries with relatively straightforward cases? Why are some November/December 2018 applicants in USA, UK, India, Africa, etc getting rapid-passed but if PA is from Central America or any of the islands it remains a 13-30 month process? :eek: (I have resigned to this being a LONG process for us going through Mexico despite my ranting lol ....)

First I gave my feedback about this https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx then ....

I wrote this guy, THE HONOURABLE AHMED HUSSEN, to highlight my concerns about MEXICO VO process times vs. others around the world - Email: Ahmed.Hussen@parl.gc.ca.

I totally agree with you, I follow another forum on here and the majority of the people who has submitted applications around the same time as me have already received PPR so I do believe the process is not fair at all. And when I called the call centre yesterday was told the process is 12 months and that sometimes files are worked on entirely in Canada but I don't believe that at all. I will definitely be taking down the email address you provided to voice my concerns as well. Thanks for providing it.

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019

I agree with you 100%. They absolutely should hire more people to work for the extra amount of applications that are being sent, We dont even know if they did or they didnt. All I do know is that no process is the same and they should be. More communication from the VO as well.