15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
islenio said:
The Embassy and all the consulates of Mexico will give you a letter to request the constancia (similar to the letter that you get from the Canadian Embassy to request the constancia) but at the same time they will certify that all the photocopies of your original documents are true copies and prepare a package with all the photocopies your pictures, your fingerprints and the official request that you can send to someone in Mexico to perform the request on your behalf.
What we liked about this is that we didn't have to go to Mexico City (My wife is in Canada with me) and that we didn't send any originals (except the birth certificate) and the package is nicely done and ready to be send.
The original plan was to get the constancia in advance and send it before they request it (To save time) but at the end we send it around the time that we got the official request from the Canadian embassy
Here is a link to the Mexican Embassy website (Spanish):
http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/canada/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=169&Itemid=41
Does it has to be a person with the same last name as your wife to get the constancia?

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
No,

That is why they ask for a "carta poder" you are giving someone (whoever related or not) the power to perform the request on your behalf

Fiona19

Jun 3, 2011
islenio said:
Based on what I have seen here only the people that apply inland need the "informe", the people that apply outland get the request for the "constancia"

In our case my wife was here as a visitor and we got the request for the "constancia"
Thanks Islenio,

Last question about this..., in my case that Im here as visitor, the proof of address should be some of the documents requested under my husban name or proof of address from one friend in Mexico City who might help me with this.

Thanks...

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
Fiona19 said:
Thanks Islenio,

Last question about this..., in my case that Im here as visitor, the proof of address should be some of the documents requested under my husban name or proof of address from one friend in Mexico City who might help me with this.

Thanks...
If you provide something for your husband you will need to provide a copy of your marriage too and all that has to be translated to Spanish.
You can always provide proof of address of someone in Mexico that has your family name (parents, brother, sister).

M

mrandmrsromero

robrod said:
Saludos y mucha suerte, Mrs. Romero.
Thank you. Nothing new to report YET. But good news is coming, I CAN FEEL IT! In the meantime, I'm keeping myself excessively busy.

As a matter of fact, if I were to offer any advice at all to fresh shiny new applicants out there, it would be this: take up a class or a hobby while you are waiting. As a coping mechanism it cannot possibly be overrated; and is infinitely more productive than obsessively checking eCas. Trust me on that one. ::)

Bcmom72

Star Member
Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 13, 2011
File Transfer...
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
June 2011
Interview........
March 2012
Passport Req..
October 9, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
October 31,2012
Just another question, we are going to use my son in laws mother as a carta poder. What is the process of this, is there a special form that needs to be filled out from my son in law and daughter, to give to the embassy. Or is it just a letter stating that she is the carta poder that they draft up themselves! If it is a special form, where do they obtain it from!?

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
Bcmom72 said:
Just another question, we are going to use my son in laws mother as a carta poder. What is the process of this, is there a special form that needs to be filled out from my son in law and daughter, to give to the embassy. Or is it just a letter stating that she is the carta poder that they draft up themselves! If it is a special form, where do they obtain it from!?
It is a form that they sell in any small ¨papeleria¨. All they have to do is fill it in! Someone correct me if I´m wrong!

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
Nessa is right, the form is called "Carta Poder Simple" and you can buy it in any "papeleria" in Mexico

Or you can always download the form from the internet.

http://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/reinounido/images/stories/pdf/Formato_carta_poder.pdf (Spanish)

Bcmom72

Star Member
Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 13, 2011
File Transfer...
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
June 2011
Interview........
March 2012
Passport Req..
October 9, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
October 31,2012
islenio said:
Nessa is right, the form is called "Carta Poder Simple" and you can buy it in any "papeleria" in Mexico

Or you can always download the form from the internet.

http://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/reinounido/images/stories/pdf/Formato_carta_poder.pdf (Spanish)
Thanks soooo much you guys!!! You have been so helpful! I was just re-reading the requirements though, I don't think he has a birth certificate issued from this current year, I wonder if that matters...if he can just send in the one he does have.

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
I think what they mean is a ¨certified birth certificate¨ you get them at the Registro Civil in the city you were born! They are fairly easy to get, I forget how much they cost though...not much.

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
Nessa said:
I think what they mean is a ¨certified birth certificate¨ you get them at the Registro Civil in the city you were born! They are fairly easy to get, I forget how much they cost though...not much.
My SO had to get a new birth certificate issued the current year to be able to get his precartilla and the cost was 50 pesos :) (However this may be different depending on where you go of course.)

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
The PGR as any government organization is really picky on the requirements if they say that it has to be from this year, it has to be from this year.

In our case that is why we rushed to get it done before Dec 15 (Christmas break)

But like they mentioned here, they are really easy to get, some states you can even order online, me wife home state (Chihuahua) even has 24/7 Automated service kiosks that have the service.

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
My husband had to get one for when we got married...and I think it cost a little over 100 pesos and they had it ready 3 days after we requested it. (This was in Veracruz)

M

mrandmrsromero

Totally off topic, but here I go anyway.

You know you have been in the immigration process way, way too long when you start having vivid CIC dreams. Last night I dreamed my husband flew to Toronto in May to land. So he is in a landing interview and is asked to fill out a form in English (he speaks it but does not write) and no one else in the entire airport speaks Spanish. He has no cell phone and no Canadian money in his pocket to call me for help and no one will give him a phone. He goes to a currency exchange counter and they refuse to exchange pesos. I am outside in the security area waiting for him to come through the gates. Instead of him, a customs officer comes out and tells me they sent him back to Mexico because he couldn’t provide the form they wanted in English.

Maybe I better tell hubby to make sure he has $5.00 Cdn in his pocket whenever he arrives just in case. LOL

M

mrandmrsromero

Nessa said:
My husband had to get one for when we got married...and I think it cost a little over 100 pesos and they had it ready 3 days after we requested it. (This was in Veracruz)
My husband did the same, and his was ready the day following the request in Atlixco.