+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

ramneet.b

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
They do give elective right!!
http://www.business.mun.ca/programs/masters/mba/mba-program-structure/mba-electives.php

@a_a_d - could you please thorw some light on this topic??

Thanks in Advance
Ramneet

kamali

Nov 24, 2013
Hyderabad,India.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
a_a_d how the city of st johns is.Is mun good for undergraduate students,i am planning to apply for Sept 14 intake for electrical engineering.Are part time jobs available on campus and off campus,what is pay and any special fees other than tuition fees is charged for undergraduate student after coming if so how much is it.please reply.
thank you

Purush87

Jan 25, 2014
Hi Frnds

Below is my academic profile. Can any 1 tell will i get admission in MUN ? i am applying for MS - Computer Science

10 ---------- 50.6 % (Science)
12 ---------- 71.9 % (Mathematics)
B.Tech ----- 59.7 % (in Information Technology with 0 Backlogs)

Additional Qualifications

Oracle Certification in Web Components Using Java Technology
Developed My own android mobile applications and launched in Google Play (rate 4.8 by 1000+ users)
Published an international theses in march 2013
self employed (gave java coaching at my home)

I will be waiting for your reply :) :)

amin.shuvo

Jan 26, 2014
As far as i know memorial university waives ielts, i am applying from bangladesh, if i get a full offer without ielts including scholarship then do i still need to give ielts for getting study permit from canadian embassy?

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
amin.shuvo said:
As far as i know memorial university waives ielts, i am applying from bangladesh, if i get a full offer without ielts including scholarship then do i still need to give ielts for getting study permit from canadian embassy?
What is the minimum requirement of getting a scholarship?
Is it that every student in Masters gets an scholarship??

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
can somebody tell me what score in gmat would make your way definite to memorial mba. i know they require 550 to apply but thats only fulfil application criteria. im sure they want something more than 550 to give you admission. a lot of people have secured admission in mem mba, can anyone guide what score would be the one....

ranaateeq

Sep 20, 2013
I've applied for MEng Electrical (Sep 2014 intake) and my application status changed to 'decision made' a couple of days ago but they haven't informed me about the decision yet. I sent a mail and they said you will receive an update soon by letter. Anyone else applied for Memorial Sep 2014? Anyone got acceptance email or letter?

bobdylan

May 8, 2013
i had applied for M.eng Civil Engineering and in the online application page it says decision made...do we get a letter by email or post mail? And also, has anyone got any emails from professors regarding supervising?

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
bobdylan said:
i had applied for M.eng Civil Engineering and in the online application page it says decision made...do we get a letter by email or post mail? And also, has anyone got any emails from professors regarding supervising?
I have the same ques. How long it takes for the mail to b received? Is there any other source by which we can know their decision?

hahsan14

Jan 25, 2014
I have Undergrad degree BSc Electrical Engineering degree. I want to apply for Master at Memrial for Sep 2014 intake. MEng deadline has been passed. Only option is MSc Electrical Engineering or Master in Engineering Management.
1)Which course should I apply? MSc or MEM
2) How is reputation of MEM course and what are job prospects after MEM
3) Can I apply for MSc Oil and Gas Engineering after BSc Electrical Enginnering?

Much appreciated for your response

Regards,

AH

bobdylan

May 8, 2013
Ghufrankhan said:
I have the same ques. How long it takes for the mail to b received? Is there any other source by which we can know their decision?
hey can u share ur profile and did u get any emails from the professors??

ranaateeq

Sep 20, 2013
bobdylan said:
hey can u share ur profile and did u get any emails from the professors??
My status also says 'decision made'. I sent an email asking about the decision and they said you will be updated soon by letter. I don't know why they don't inform via email.

I applied for MEng Electrical, and haven't heard from any supervisor. Does it mean my application is rejected or are there any chances of acceptance as well? Any Memorial student please reply.....

bobdylan

May 8, 2013
ranaateeq said:
My status also says 'decision made'. I sent an email asking about the decision and they said you will be updated soon by letter. I don't know why they don't inform via email.

I applied for MEng Electrical, and haven't heard from any supervisor. Does it mean my application is rejected or are there any chances of acceptance as well? Any Memorial student please reply.....
i think ur program is also research based..so we need to find a supervisor and i'm not sure if they contact us or we are to contact them after getting admitted..but i'm sure a professor must be willing to take u ..i also haven't got any replies from professors though i've sent a couple of professors an email after i applied...so fingers crossed!

MFAhad

Dec 16, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
29-01-2014
Passport Req..
Submitted With Application
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2014
bobdylan said:
i think ur program is also research based..so we need to find a supervisor and i'm not sure if they contact us or we are to contact them after getting admitted..but i'm sure a professor must be willing to take u ..i also haven't got any replies from professors though i've sent a couple of professors an email after i applied...so fingers crossed!
MEng program is not research based program it is coursed based. MSc programs are research based programs. You won't need any supervisor for MEng you will just have to wait for the decision. If you have applied for MSc or Phd then you will need supervisors.