+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

dserag

Dec 1, 2013
a_a_d said:
Hey!
I came to Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) in January 2012 for my Masters in Oil & Gas Engineering. This forum helped me alot and Ive been out of touch for a couple of months now due to my studies and all (people who have managed to come to Canada must have an idea about it). Anyway, I would be glad to help anyone who wants to know something about MUN.

Tc. Cheers!
Best of Luck to everyone for their Visas! :)
hello i want to know more about the mba program

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dserag,

Ive replied to your queries. Please check your Inbox. :)

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
a_a_d said:
dserag,

@a_a_d Would you mind sharing info on MBA program here, as I have a admit for the same, but not sure how is the quality of program and future job opportunities in St.John's

Thanks

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
a_a_d said:
dserag,

Hi can you tell in how many days you got confirmation from memorial?
Please share your profile
I have also applied there in Meng prog of Electrical and computers, so please assess my chances

Matric = 75%
Inter = 68%
BS(Electronics) = 71%
Ielts score 6.5( but got a English proficiency letter issued by university)
Got admission in Concordia university in Meng (Electrical Engineering) for Summer 2014
Have a job letter from a company offering me a job after coming back to Pakistan
I got a property worth of around 5.5 million ( My siblings only include a married sister)

Already given the first year tuition fee
Bank statement = Running Finance from a bank worth of 3.5 million
Father pay slips attached (about 1.1 million per year)

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Hi can you tell in how many days you got confirmation from memorial?
Please share your profile
I have also applied there in Meng prog of Electrical and computers, so please assess my chances

Matric = 75%
Inter = 68%
BS(Electronics) = 71%
Ielts score 6.5( but got a English proficiency letter issued by university)
Got admission in Concordia university in Meng (Electrical Engineering) for Summer 2014
Have a job letter from a company offering me a job after coming back to Pakistan
I got a property worth of around 5.5 million ( My siblings only include a married sister)

Already given the first year tuition fee
Bank statement = Running Finance from a bank worth of 3.5 million
Father pay slips attached (about 1.1 million per year)

Please reply......

Hashibur

Dec 31, 2013
Dear Ali Bhai,

I am Hassib and I want to continue my higher study in oil and gas in MUN. I graduated in electrical and electronic engineering back in 2009 having CGPA 3.63, then I had worked for a prominent British multinational power generation company, Aggreko for about 3 years. Later I worked for keppel fels in Singapore which is a giant Rig building company. Basically, from this job my interest started growing in Oil and gas sector as I mingled with the people of ENSCO OFFSHORE, JAPAN DRILLING COMPANY, SEA DRILL, ARAMCO and so on. Now I am working for Bureau veritas - a French multinational company - as an industrial electrical surveyor.

while I have an IELTS score (6.5) in General Test (GT), I am yet to appear for the Academic test. In this regard, am I eligible to apply without IELTS score, I mean, if I can send the score (Academic test) later. does my background support to study in OIL and GAS in MUN.

I'll eagerly await for your reply.

// Hassib

chiranjeev

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
atush said:
Hi , This is Atul Sharma from Bangalore, India.

I am a computer science & engineering graduate with 72%.
Have 3.4 years of work experience in Wipro Technologies (IT services).
GMAT Mock Score-650 ..preparing for GMAT.

Planning to apply for MUN MBA in January first week. Do I stand any chance to get admit.
Deadline - 1 March for international students.

Any suggestion would be great

Bro! u hav a good chance. Please go ahead and apply but just check with deadline :)

Hashibur

Dec 31, 2013
anybody can help me........

I am Hassib and I want to continue my higher study in oil and gas in MUN. I graduated in electrical and electronic engineering back in 2009 having CGPA 3.63, then I had worked for a prominent British multinational power generation company, Aggreko for about 3 years. Later I worked for keppel fels in Singapore which is a giant Rig building company. Basically, from this job my interest started growing in Oil and gas sector as I mingled with the people of ENSCO OFFSHORE, JAPAN DRILLING COMPANY, SEA DRILL, ARAMCO and so on. Now I am working for Bureau veritas - a French multinational company - as an industrial electrical surveyor.

while I have an IELTS score (6.5) in General Test (GT), I am yet to appear for the Academic test. In this regard, am I eligible to apply without IELTS score, I mean, if I can send the score (Academic test) later. does my background support to study in OIL and GAS in MUN. I have 4.5years experience at power plant, Rig building at electrical safety inspectio

// Hassib

Hashibur

Dec 31, 2013
Is there anybody to help me..........

I'm an electrical engineer having 4.5 years of experience in power and shipyard sector............ am l likely to have a chance for higher study on Oil and Gas at MUN. Does Mun accept IELTS GT score.

Hashibur

chiranjeev

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
atush said:
My email id is -atul.sharma2 @ outlook.com

please be in touch.. I am going to write GMAT in first week of Jan.

Then I will apply on same day for MUN MBA. Some people told me that there is no way I get admission into MUN.

If TOP mba programs in USA and across world have 2nd deadline till 15 January, then why MUN is not a feasible option?

they gave me some logic without fact that all admits have been issued, they will accept only Canadian students for MBA.
Is it a way to reduce competition, Please suggest something bro.
http://www.financialpost.com/executive/canadian-mba-programs/index.html

ramneet.b

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
Hi a_a_d & all,

I am planning to apply to MUN for sept intake in MBA(HR) . I have done BE (CS) -70.66% ,10th-72%,12th- 61%.. 1.6 yrs work ex in IT still working.IELTS and GMAT yet to appear.
Can you suggest me How is the university and what are the chances of Jobs aftr grads. also are part time jobs easy to get?

Thanks in advance
Ramneet

ramneet.b

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
Hi Atul,

Thanks for the info , but that is a 1 year program and require few pre requisites too, i am planning for 2 yr program.

Hey do you know that we require to send the gmat score too by the deadlines they have mentioned ??? or will IELTS score do?? i have yet to appear for all the tests.. Are you in touch with any consultancy ??

Thanks,
Ramneet