+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEGATHREAD: Received SA with no VO

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
No it doesn't say anything on ECAS. From what I have seen, on ECAS it changes to "Application received" from "In process" when it is received at other office. I think calling IRCC is the best bet. They seem to know where the file will be going to.
Does one need to have submitted biometrics and medical to get papers sent to a visa office? Our ECAS says 'IN PROCESS'.

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
Does one need to have submitted biometrics and medical to get papers sent to a visa office? Our ECAS says 'IN PROCESS'.
Not sure about that however the flow goes like this.
First the application is "In process"
Then application changes to "Application Received". <-- This is when the application reaches other VO
Then when they start working on the application it moves to "In Process" again.

Reactions: LotusLeodis

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Update: I called the IRCC and they verified our application is in transit to the New York visa office (NYVO).

I questioned why it wasn't going to Ottawa like the usual US applications. They said all applications almost always get sent to the "overseas" visa office before coming back for the final leg in Ottawa.

They also confirmed we will receive an email notification of the transfer once it arrives in NY.
What number and options did you use?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
A lot of people got SA without noticing which VO is went too. Checked December 2020 applicants for example. From what I understood, you will get a separate email/document telling u which VO it's moving too
Mine was in the SA letter that it is being sent to Paris, December applicant.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I think that at least part of the background check (esp running names through partner databases) is usually started while still at Syndey.
Do you believe this part of the process only begins after biometrics have been submitted?

JRAS

Feb 17, 2021
What number and options did you use?
I used 1-888-242-2100.

I don't remember the numbers exactly, but I alternated between the option where you input your application number and the option where you say you're ready to be a sponsor. In both you'll eventually be prompted to hit 0 to speak to an associate. I always scheduled a callback; their wait times are usually super underestimated.

I got the "we're currently busy...please try again later" message (and the call dropped) mostly on Monday and Friday. Tuesday - Thursday mornings seemed to work well for me.

Best of luck!

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
I used 1-888-242-2100.

I don't remember the numbers exactly, but I alternated between the option where you input your application number and the option where you say you're ready to be a sponsor. In both you'll eventually be prompted to hit 0 to speak to an associate. I always scheduled a callback; their wait times are usually super underestimated.

I got the "we're currently busy...please try again later" message (and the call dropped) mostly on Monday and Friday. Tuesday - Thursday mornings seemed to work well for me.

Best of luck!
To add to this I always call at exact 8 am EST (when they open) I always get a callback within 30 mins. But on other times they might drop the calls when they have too many users.