+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEGATHREAD: Received SA with no VO

JRAS

Feb 17, 2021
Just thought of starting a common thread for all those who received the Spousal Approval (SA) with no mention of which Visa Office (VO) the application will be forwarded to ("The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing."). We noticed a lot of these instances on the Google Sheet. Having some more context here as we find out more would be helpful for all.

Here's our timeline (PA - Residing in USA; Sponsor - Citizen residing in Canada)
2020-11-19 - Application Received
2021-02-04 - Biometrics and Medical Request Received
2021-02-05 - AOR1 Received
2021-02-19 - SA Received
2021-02-22 - Medical Passed
2021-02-23 - Biometrics Passed

I called IRCC yesterday morning to inquire. They said the officer working on our application hasn't assigned it to a VO to send to yet and that when they do, we'll get a notification. I'm going to call again around the 1-month mark to follow up if there hasn't been any movement up until that point.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
A lot of people got SA without noticing which VO is went too. Checked December 2020 applicants for example. From what I understood, you will get a separate email/document telling u which VO it's moving too

Reactions: JRAS

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
It's the same with me. I got SA without any VO. I called IRCC they told me that you will get an email when it get assigned to a visa office. My speculation is that the files which will be processed inside Canada are getting SA without VO. As I have seen few SA recently with visa offices outside Canada. But it's just a speculation on my part. Only IRCC knows what's going on.

Reactions: JRAS

JRAS

Feb 17, 2021
Just thought of starting a common thread for all those who received the Spousal Approval (SA) with no mention of which Visa Office (VO) the application will be forwarded to ("The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing."). We noticed a lot of these instances on the Google Sheet. Having some more context here as we find out more would be helpful for all.

Here's our timeline (PA - Residing in USA; Sponsor - Citizen residing in Canada)
2020-11-19 - Application Received
2021-02-04 - Biometrics and Medical Request Received
2021-02-05 - AOR1 Received
2021-02-19 - SA Received
2021-02-22 - Medical Passed
2021-02-23 - Biometrics Passed

I called IRCC yesterday morning to inquire. They said the officer working on our application hasn't assigned it to a VO to send to yet and that when they do, we'll get a notification. I'm going to call again around the 1-month mark to follow up if there hasn't been any movement up until that point.
Update: I called the IRCC and they verified our application is in transit to the New York visa office (NYVO).

I questioned why it wasn't going to Ottawa like the usual US applications. They said all applications almost always get sent to the "overseas" visa office before coming back for the final leg in Ottawa.

They also confirmed we will receive an email notification of the transfer once it arrives in NY.

Reactions: aceinthedeck

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Thanks for the update. I will try calling IRCC as well.
I'm no VO either. I thought you were in ROI? How are you able to call IRCC to get a VO? The only thing I can think is a webform.

*edited to add: did a webform about VO and medical / biometrics leniency during lockdown and travel difficulties

Last edited:

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
I'm no VO either. I thought you were in ROI? How are you able to call IRCC to get a VO? The only thing I can think is a webform.

*edited to add: did a webform about VO and medical / biometrics leniency during lockdown and travel difficulties
I'm in Canada my spouse is in ROI

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
Ah, OK!

Wasn't sure who was where.

Anywhere they can recommend living if IRCC is too slow?
Unfortunately I think applicants have to stay apart until they process the application. (Because of COVID travel is tricky not to mention expensive because of hotel rule in Canada).

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Unfortunately I think applicants have to stay apart until they process the application. (Because of COVID travel is tricky not to mention expensive because of hotel rule in Canada).
Oh, we are both outland in England, but ROI is our back up. No separation for us from each other, just separation from our families.

I was thinking they could recommend nice places to live in ROI. Lovely country, lovely people.

ars23

Jul 14, 2020
This has happened to us also. PA is American citizen in USA and Sponsor is dual American/Canadian citizen also in USA. I've submitted a webform asking for clarification on the situation.

Here's our timeline:

2020-08-05 - Application Received
2021-01-20 - AOR1 Received
2021-02-04 - Biometrics Request
2021-02-09 - Medical Request
2021-02-19 - SA Received
2021-02-22 - Biometrics Passed
2021-03-05 - Medical Passed

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
Oh, we are both outland in England, but ROI is our back up. No separation for us from each other, just separation from our families.

I was thinking they could recommend nice places to live in ROI. Lovely country, lovely people.
Lol okay. Lot of small towns near Dublin. (Dublin is expensive I will avoid Dublin unless working there). Drogheda, Swords, Bray etc. Also west Galway, Cork are sound too.

Reactions: armoured