+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEGATHREAD: Received SA with no VO

arshdeep001

Star Member
May 26, 2016
I called IRCC as well, I received SA with no visa office mentioned. Agent told me its still in Sydney and thats the primary center to process. Not sure how much time it takes to send file to a VO after receiving SA

JRAS

Feb 17, 2021
I called IRCC as well, I received SA with no visa office mentioned. Agent told me its still in Sydney and thats the primary center to process. Not sure how much time it takes to send file to a VO after receiving SA
Yeah, the IRCC rep told us that Sydney is the primary with New York as the secondary. But once it gets to NY, then they will be the primary and the secondary will be blank.

We followed up with New York 3 days ago and they said our application is "in the process to be transferred." Which, to me, sounds like it hasn't really gone anywhere. Just more waiting, I suppose.

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
Yeah, the IRCC rep told us that Sydney is the primary with New York as the secondary. But once it gets to NY, then they will be the primary and the secondary will be blank.

We followed up with New York 3 days ago and they said our application is "in the process to be transferred." Which, to me, sounds like it hasn't really gone anywhere. Just more waiting, I suppose.
Thanks for the update. How did you contact NY office? Via web form I suppose?

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Last night, I received the following massage after asking about moving to a visa office:
'Thank you for your enquiry to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) seeking information about the status of your case.
COVID-19 has impacted IRCC’s application processing procedures. IRCC has therefore been striving to ensure the most up-to-date processing time information is available on the web.
In an effort to give clients the most up-to-date processing time information, IRCC is now providing weekly updates concerning your type of application on what our operational networks are working on.
To access this latest information about how application processing is being prioritized or other information about how COVID-19 is affecting our programs, please consult the hyperlinks below.
If your application requires urgent intervention such as you wish to withdraw an application, you are required to submit additional documents, or you would like to request a reconsideration after a refusal, please submit a webform enquiry clearly indicating the nature of the urgency.'

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
Does anything show on your ECAS or GC Key, if so, what and where?
No it doesn't say anything on ECAS. From what I have seen, on ECAS it changes to "Application received" from "In process" when it is received at other office. I think calling IRCC is the best bet. They seem to know where the file will be going to.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
No it doesn't say anything on ECAS. From what I have seen, on ECAS it changes to "Application received" from "In process" when it is received at other office. I think calling IRCC is the best bet. They seem to know where the file will be going to.
Too bad I can't!

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Could it not also mean that it stayed where it was? My GCKeys states that background check is being processed and i also dont have a VO although my ECAS states that my application was received.

Maybe as part of the 66% increase in case agents, that included some at CPC Sydney?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Could it not also mean that it stayed where it was? My GCKeys states that background check is being processed and i also dont have a VO although my ECAS states that my application was received.

Maybe as part of the 66% increase in case agents, that included some at CPC Sydney?
It's possible but we don't know and this is new. It would be a significant change in procedures, but yes, possible. At any rate, there is not much you can do to influence which visa office and tea-leaf-reading here about which visa offices are 'better' are not infrequenlty wrong - things change, esp in covid times.

Reactions: his*marty

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
It's possible but we don't know and this is new. It would be a significant change in procedures, but yes, possible. At any rate, there is not much you can do to influence which visa office and tea-leaf-reading here about which visa offices are 'better' are not infrequenlty wrong - things change, esp in covid times.
Agreed, it could just be stuck in a queue waiting to be assigned to a case officer. Either way, progress is progress and the fact that BGC is started is a good sign

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Agreed, it could just be stuck in a queue waiting to be assigned to a case officer. Either way, progress is progress and the fact that BGC is started is a good sign
I think that at least part of the background check (esp running names through partner databases) is usually started while still at Syndey.

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
I think that at least part of the background check (esp running names through partner databases) is usually started while still at Syndey.
Then i guess i am stuck at waiting for an agent in whatever visa office they so desire