+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical test for pregnant applicant

maarja

Jan 2, 2019
Thank you everyone for the replies. Im in the same situation - pregnant and in process of applying for PR through my common law partner. I understand that due to being unable to complete the medical exam the PR application will be put on hold. I submitted application for work permit along with the PR application so here's my question - will incomplete medical examination also put my work visa application on hold?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you everyone for the replies. Im in the same situation - pregnant and in process of applying for PR through my common law partner. I understand that due to being unable to complete the medical exam the PR application will be put on hold. I submitted application for work permit along with the PR application so here's my question - will incomplete medical examination also put my work visa application on hold?
No, the OWP will not be put on hold.

Otaner

Feb 3, 2017
Hi guys,

Any updates here? What was the outcome? I'm in the same situation. We are going to do my wife's medical exams next Monday and we are planning to defer the x-ray, it's frustrating because we are at the end of our process, the process is estimated to end in June (20 months) and the baby will be born only in August, if our application will be on hold until there I don't know when this nightmare will end. Our WP will also expire in September :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

Any updates here? What was the outcome? I'm in the same situation. We are going to do my wife's medical exams next Monday and we are planning to defer the x-ray, it's frustrating because we are at the end of our process, the process is estimated to end in June (20 months) and the baby will be born only in August, if our application will be on hold until there I don't know when this nightmare will end. Our WP will also expire in September :(
The application cannot be finalized until your wife has the x-ray. So yes - the application is going to be held up until after the baby is born.

maarja

Jan 2, 2019
I was in the same boat as you until last week (doubting if X-ray is safe and weights up the benefits of getting it done instead of delaying). I went through several doctors in three different countries and the recommendations I got were that 1. Its safe to do the X-ray if you’re past first trimester (but try to leave the X-ray to the last minute to give your baby as much time to grow as possible) 2. Lung X-ray means they take one photo and it’s taken from behind. They also cover your belly with a metal shield to protect the baby from any radiation. Several doctors said to me the radiation you get from lung X-ray equals with the radiation you get from l 2 hours on an airplane.
The choice is yours of course.

Reactions: EnthuChap

J4yWalker

Sep 1, 2018
Urgent inquiry:

I am the Principal Applicant. My spouse was pregnant when she went for medicals, so her chest x-ray was deferred until after delivery of the baby. She did the medicals in country A but moved to country B to have the baby. We visited a Panel Physician in country B to complete the x-ray but he said he cannot add the x-ray to the existing file, because the case is locked. And he cannot do a new complete medical for my spouse because her existing e-Medical case is not expired. We cannot go back to country A because it's 13,000 km away, and we need visas. We contacted our original Panel Physician in country A to help, but she said her hands are tied.

I need suggestions here, on how to go about resolving this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Urgent inquiry:

I am the Principal Applicant. My spouse was pregnant when she went for medicals, so her chest x-ray was deferred until after delivery of the baby. She did the medicals in country A but moved to country B to have the baby. We visited a Panel Physician in country B to complete the x-ray but he said he cannot add the x-ray to the existing file, because the case is locked. And he cannot do a new complete medical for my spouse because her existing e-Medical case is not expired. We cannot go back to country A because it's 13,000 km away, and we need visas. We contacted our original Panel Physician in country A to help, but she said her hands are tied.

I need suggestions here, on how to go about resolving this.
Contact the relevant RMO https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/panel-members-handbook-2013.html#app1.3.

Amandeeep

Apr 30, 2019
Hey,
I want to confirm how much time does it take for the application to get processed if i provide my chest xray after delivery of my baby