IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7-2015
Med's Done....
7-2015
Interview........
Not requested so far
'Medical results have been received' and Waiting for PPR - lawyer help?

Greetings to all,

I'm a 2014 FSW waiting for an update from Pretoria VO since medicals submitted/passed in July 2015.

Assuming I don't get an update in the next few months, does it make any sense at all to involve an immigration lawyer? Does a lawyer have a faster possibility to clarify where the delay is, either with the VO or the CIC main office? I am concerned the medicals may expire.

Also, are there any issues with requesting more than 1 GCMS extract e.g. within a few months from each other, to check on progress?

Thanks for the info and good luck to all.

peter19722

Jul 15, 2013
Lawfrench, We are in the same shoes, also dealing with pretoria office had my medicals April 2015 but wife was pregnant just delivered December 2015 and had new born medicals Feb 2nd 2016. Waiting for PPR.
I think you can mail Pretoria since is more than 1 year 4 months you applied. Friends that had medicals May 2015 got PPD 2-3 months after in the same Pretoria office.
GOOD LUCK.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Re: 'Medical results have been received' and Waiting for PPR - lawyer help?

lawfrench said:
Greetings to all,

I'm a 2014 FSW waiting for an update from Pretoria VO since medicals submitted/passed in July 2015.

Assuming I don't get an update in the next few months, does it make any sense at all to involve an immigration lawyer? Does a lawyer have a faster possibility to clarify where the delay is, either with the VO or the CIC main office? I am concerned the medicals may expire.

Also, are there any issues with requesting more than 1 GCMS extract e.g. within a few months from each other, to check on progress?

No need to employ immigration lawyer now as it will not add any value, as regrads GCMS notes you can order as many as you want. Your visa office will contact you before medical expiration.

lawfrench

Mar 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
End of 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7-2015
Med's Done....
7-2015
Interview........
Not requested so far
Peter - thanks.

I have read at the beginning of this thread that an applicant facing a long delay actually went to Pretoria VO in 2013 and this sped up his PPR receipt - is this still possible / advisable now, to visit the Pretoria VO in person?

Cheers

LF

yoya

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
GABORONE
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 09 2014
AOR Received.
06 01 2015
IELTS Request
sent with the file
Med's Request
18 06 2015
Med's Done....
10 07 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03 03 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
Re: 'Medical results have been received' and Waiting for PPR - lawyer help?

lawfrench said:
Greetings to all,

Dear Lawfrench,
Requesting GCMS as many times you want is not a problem.
I did my medical in July 2015 and was waiting for PPR almost for 6 months. On the 1st of March 2016 I went personally to the Pretoria visa office and I got my PPR on the next day.
I advise you to go personally to the Pretoria visa office at the first week of Tuesday at which on this day the office is open for the public.

Good Luck.

yoya

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
GABORONE
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 09 2014
AOR Received.
06 01 2015
IELTS Request
sent with the file
Med's Request
18 06 2015
Med's Done....
10 07 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03 03 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
lawfrench said:
Peter - thanks.

I have read at the beginning of this thread that an applicant facing a long delay actually went to Pretoria VO in 2013 and this sped up his PPR receipt - is this still possible / advisable now, to visit the Pretoria VO in person?

Cheers

LF
Dear Lawfrench,
Requesting GCMS as many times you want is not a problem.
I did my medical in July 2015 and was waiting for PPR almost for 6 months. On the 1st of March 2016 I went personally to the Pretoria visa office and I got my PPR on the next day.
I advise you to go personally to the Pretoria visa office at the first week of Tuesday at which on this day the office is open for the public.

Good Luck.

genajamaica

Sep 29, 2011
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2015
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
05-05-2015
Med's Request
29-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-11-2015
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
not yet
Good morning everyone,

Ecas was changed to Decision made today.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
genajamaica said:
Good morning everyone,

Ecas was changed to Decision made today.
wow congradulations

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello All,

After reading this posts from this forum for a while, I thought I would take the chance and ask you experienced ones about my situation with my Spousal Visa.

My wife is a Canadian and lives in Canada. She has hired a consulting firm to who manage the applications for PR, Work Permits, Study Permits etc. This company has applied for my Spouse Visa/PR after collecting all her and my documents. My application is sent to Abu Dhabi, UAE, as I reside in UAE. All the necessary documents have been provided as well as the Police Clearance and the Medical Report. I can now check my status online with an application number provided to me by the consulting firm after they submitted my application.

As soon as I log in, it says:

Application status for PR: IN PROCESS. When you click on IN PROCESS, it indicates the following:
1-We received your application for permanent residence on November 16, 2015.
2-We started processing your application on February 1, 2016.
3-Medical results have been received

Right below this there is a link that says:
Tables: Application for Permanent Resident Outside Canada. After I click on this, I receive the following 4 Steps:

IN PROCESS
WITHDRAWN
DECISION MADE
COMPLETE

For those of you who know about the above 4 steps when you log in, you can obviously see the details of each step.

As I have read in some threads, the Security and Background Checks come before the Medical, although I am not completely sure of that.
Now my question is, even though I have submitted my medical, police clearance and all required documents that I have been asked for, what are the next steps CIC would take? How long after this would the CIC take to come back with an answer?

Would really appreciate your reply.

Thanks

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
Hi

Please help me understand, I am currently under medical furtherance and my result will be updated to CHC on Apr 30th. My current status in EE PROFILE is as shown below. Now my question is: scheduling an interview & A background check is needed saying "Not needed at this time". Is it means CIC do not want to carry out checks & inteview at all? OR they initiate them after they receive my medical test reports?

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Review in Progress
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not needed at this time

Final decision Not Started

Thank you and appreciate your time.

bhaibhai

Nov 21, 2014
DesiDreamz2014 said:
Thanks for your response... I'll wait another few weeks then. I am getting nervous because, if I get the PPR only in April, I have just a few weeks to complete my landing.
There are few cases whoes Medical expires in May and waiting for PPR. Lets see when do we get out PPRs

lawfrench

Mar 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
End of 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7-2015
Med's Done....
7-2015
Interview........
Not requested so far
Re: 'Medical results have been received' and Waiting for PPR - paying RPRF

Hi again all,

as I am waiting for the next step after "Medicals received", does it make sense to go ahead and prepay the RPRF fee (I have not received a request to pay it).

Can I get the money back if the final decision is negative, or its gone?

Regards

LF

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016

lawfrench said:
Hi again all,

as I am waiting for the next step after "Medicals received", does it make sense to go ahead and prepay the RPRF fee (I have not received a request to pay it).

Regards

LF
you can pay your RPRF without them requesting and send your receipt to them. I did that in Dec and got my PPR in Feb. You will get your money back if for aNY reason your application is refused

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018

lawfrench said:
Hi again all,

Regards

LF
yes u can get money back and you can pay it if you have and just to avoid few days delay in process due to RPRF fee

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
IRONMAN7777 said:
Hello All,

After reading this posts from this forum for a while, I thought I would take the chance and ask you experienced ones about my situation with my Spousal Visa.

My wife is a Canadian and lives in Canada. She has hired a consulting firm to who manage the applications for PR, Work Permits, Study Permits etc. This company has applied for my Spouse Visa/PR after collecting all her and my documents. My application is sent to Abu Dhabi, UAE, as I reside in UAE. All the necessary documents have been provided as well as the Police Clearance and the Medical Report. I can now check my status online with an application number provided to me by the consulting firm after they submitted my application.

As soon as I log in, it says:

Application status for PR: IN PROCESS. When you click on IN PROCESS, it indicates the following:
1-We received your application for permanent residence on November 16, 2015.
2-We started processing your application on February 1, 2016.
3-Medical results have been received

Right below this there is a link that says:
Tables: Application for Permanent Resident Outside Canada. After I click on this, I receive the following 4 Steps:

IN PROCESS
WITHDRAWN
DECISION MADE
COMPLETE

For those of you who know about the above 4 steps when you log in, you can obviously see the details of each step.

As I have read in some threads, the Security and Background Checks come before the Medical, although I am not completely sure of that.
Now my question is, even though I have submitted my medical, police clearance and all required documents that I have been asked for, what are the next steps CIC would take? How long after this would the CIC take to come back with an answer?

Would really appreciate your reply.

Thanks

Security and Background Checks is done after Medical. Whats done before Medical is Verification of Documents provided and Criminality.

If you have line 3 "Medical results has been received" means you have cleared your Medical stage. Security and Background Check is whats going on in your case and it is the most intense one, and it has no fix time though. It can take from a week to several months. No need to worry though you are almost done.