+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam validity extension for additional 12 months (new CIC Bulletin)

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
I am exactly in the same situation. Did you get your PPR? If yes, how long after their request for medical extension did you get your PPR?
Hi,

Any updates in your case after the medicals extension? I'm in the same situation. It's been a week since my medicals got extended, still no further movement. Eligibility is under review.

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi,

Have you received any information regarding the medical extension approval and if it is linked with PPR ? I had my medical extension requested.

Please share if you have some information around that.
Hi
I am on the same boat.
My medical just got extended yesterday.
My online portal changed from "You do not require medical at the moment, we will message you if this changes" to "03 July, 2019, You have passed the medical exam"

Do not know how long I will have to wait now. It has been 16 months and 9 days now. Hopefully will get it soon.

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Hi
I am on the same boat.
My medical just got extended yesterday.
My online portal changed from "You do not require medical at the moment, we will message you if this changes" to "03 July, 2019, You have passed the medical exam"

Do not know how long I will have to wait now. It has been 16 months and 9 days now. Hopefully will get it soon.
Hopefully you get your PPR soon !

Reactions: Aadien0718

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
My medical was extended in May and we received PPR after more than 5 months in security screening.

Reactions: Aadien0718

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hello Folks I got the golden email on July 09,2019 for PPR.......!!!!!

Here is my timeline:
AOR: March 25, 2018
MEP: March 28, 2018
Criminality passed on Aug 20, 2018.
Security Passed Early January 2019.
Everything completed February 12, 2019. Officer waiting for final review on my Previous Immigration history form 2001 and work experience.
Medical expired March 22, 2019
Came to know from CIC Call Agent that they have requested for extension since February 18, 2019.
Online Portal updated on 3rd July 2019 to "July 03, 2019, You have passed the medical".
Called the CIC Agent and he responded stating that Medicals have been extended for one more year. Everything else has been completed, It is time for final decision.

July 09, 2019 Golden Email early morning...!!!!!!!
I hope every one who is waiting gets their PPR soon...!!!!
All the very best to all..!!!!

Thanking You,
Regards,
Aditya.

Reactions: Ro34 and daniella28

Gus Kim

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi Guys,

I called the CIC agent and she said all my checks have passed but as my medical is expiring in two months, they are trying to do this extension thing. And she said this happened on Feb 8. Does anybody have a timeline of when people usually get this ext and PPR or has anybody been asked to do the medical again ? Can anybody help me understand this?
Hello. Did you get PR? Could you tell us your timeline?

Ranjodh1234

Sep 11, 2019
Hello everyone.. my medical is expired 2 months before.. but my account showing you passed the medical exam . I got PAL as well . Can any one please reply me what does that mean? And how i can know that my medical is extended or not ?

hs231080

Oct 20, 2019
Hello Dear All, My aor Nov-2018, Medical expired on 25th Oct-2019 & same day got ghost update as Application profile updated and Medical status changed from You passed Medical to You don’t need Medical exam, we ll send you message if this changes- is it a good sign, Medical extension or sign of remed. TIA.

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Hello Dear All, My aor Nov-2018, Medical expired on 25th Oct-2019 & same day got ghost update as Application profile updated and Medical status changed from You passed Medical to You don’t need Medical exam, we ll send you message if this changes- is it a good sign, Medical extension or sign of remed. TIA.
I would say it's nothing. just your medicals got expired. It's officer's decision to seek extension internally to Ottawa or send a request to redo medical exam. Totally depends on the stage of your application. Please wait for 3-4 weeks, in case of medical extension you should be hearing within that timeframe. Medical extension is a good sign. They will only extend medicals if the approval is pending due to the expired status, which implies your application should move quickly.

hs231080

Oct 20, 2019
I would say it's nothing. just your medicals got expired. It's officer's decision to seek extension internally to Ottawa or send a request to redo medical exam. Totally depends on the stage of your application. Please wait for 3-4 weeks, in case of medical extension you should be hearing within that timeframe. Medical extension is a good sign. They will only extend medicals if the approval is pending due to the expired status, which implies your application should move quickly.
Thanks for information

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
My medical got extended 2 months back..still no ppr!
What could be the reason, if you have any idea

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
There's a new procedure that will allow medical validity to be extended if your application processing is completed within 15 months of the original medical exam and the only thing stopping your application from final approved and PPR is the expiration of your medical results (or ability to reasonably land within the initial year-long validity).

Officers will now be able to submit a request for an extension of the medical exam result validity (as long as they were done within the last 15 months) and they can extend them for an additional 12 months without the need for an additional medical exam. The details are on the CIC website.

Hopefully this saves folks time and expense of extra medical exams.
My medical was extended 3 months back still no ppr
Is this normal
Please reply