+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam validity extension for additional 12 months (new CIC Bulletin)

robsonmin

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Brazil - Sao Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-JAN-2016
Doc's Request.
13-MAY-2016
Nomination.....
09-JUN-2016
AOR Received.
30-SEP-2016
IELTS Request
Provided on application
Med's Request
27 Feb 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Probably 10 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Must be before May 2017 because Visa Validity
Hi everyone, today I checked MYCIC application and I saw the following my Review of medical Results change for Passed. Last year I went for Canada to do a Master degree but when I was nominated for Sask I leave canada and since there I am waiting for another Medical Request for PR process. I think CIC use the same exam to approve me. If it is right, probably I could not landing in may when my old exam expire.

Anyone Know if it is possible do another medical if my expire or I will lose my application?
Please give me opinions.

My federal application was in 26.06.2016 - AOR - 30.09.2016

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

preethy jomon

Nov 20, 2015
KERALA
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Med's Request
03-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Hi Friends,

I am in a different situation.I am a PR applicant under QSW. My medical expired on march 11th.Till date my ECAS not showed my medical received .I have not been received any further information about it.I sent case specific enquiry and emails to vo and i didn't get any information about my current processing status. My processing time also exceeded 13 months.

Anyone knows what should be the next action from vo side? If i need re-medical how long it will take to sent re-medical request?

Nouri765

Oct 4, 2017
Hi everyone , we need help pls
We submited sponsership application . Fully with the medical exam ,police certificate , and all requested documents with the fees all on nov 24th 2016 . I had a meeting on july 15 2017 . My medical report was done on sep 24th 2016 . Will it still be valid or will the officer extend the medical report or do I need to redo it again ?
Also howlong does it still need to make thier final decision . I have been waiting for a very long time and it mentioned on their wesite it takes 8 months now it has been around 11 months .
Thank you

Mrs.Suarez

Sep 15, 2017
Hi everyone, today I checked MYCIC application and I saw the following my Review of medical Results change for Passed. Last year I went for Canada to do a Master degree but when I was nominated for Sask I leave canada and since there I am waiting for another Medical Request for PR process. I think CIC use the same exam to approve me. If it is right, probably I could not landing in may when my old exam expire.

Anyone Know if it is possible do another medical if my expire or I will lose my application?
Please give me opinions.

My federal application was in 26.06.2016 - AOR - 30.09.2016

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started
You are able to see if medical is passed? I look on the account and all it says is it was received and my file is processing. Does not give any information like you have. Am I not looking in the right place?

Manguita

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
You are able to see if medical is passed? I look on the account and all it says is it was received and my file is processing. Does not give any information like you have. Am I not looking in the right place?
You have to link to key cg there is a little bit more info.

ram211991

Jan 25, 2016
Hi Guys,

I called the CIC agent and she said all my checks have passed but as my medical is expiring in two months, they are trying to do this extension thing. And she said this happened on Feb 8. Does anybody have a timeline of when people usually get this ext and PPR or has anybody been asked to do the medical again ? Can anybody help me understand this?

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
There's a new procedure that will allow medical validity to be extended if your application processing is completed within 15 months of the original medical exam and the only thing stopping your application from final approved and PPR is the expiration of your medical results (or ability to reasonably land within the initial year-long validity).

Officers will now be able to submit a request for an extension of the medical exam result validity (as long as they were done within the last 15 months) and they can extend them for an additional 12 months without the need for an additional medical exam. The details are on the CIC website.

Hopefully this saves folks time and expense of extra medical exams.
Thanks for sharing!

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Hi Guys,

I called the CIC agent and she said all my checks have passed but as my medical is expiring in two months, they are trying to do this extension thing. And she said this happened on Feb 8. Does anybody have a timeline of when people usually get this ext and PPR or has anybody been asked to do the medical again ? Can anybody help me understand this?
I am exactly in the same situation. Did you get your PPR? If yes, how long after their request for medical extension did you get your PPR?

tapiwakaiser

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-07-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-04-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
03-07-2018
I am exactly in the same situation. Did you get your PPR? If yes, how long after their request for medical extension did you get your PPR?
Same here, curious to know

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Hi Guys,

Hi,

After the medical extension date, did you received the PPR? Pls let me know the timelines.

Thanks

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Hi,
After the medical extension date, did you received the PPR? Pls let me know the timelines.

Thanks

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Hello All,

Anyone in the thread had their medicals extended by the officer? If yes, how much it took to get the extension approved or to receive the PPR? Your information will be very much helpful.