+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam validity extension for additional 12 months (new CIC Bulletin)

MK88

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Dec-2013
Doc's Request.
11-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
07-Jan-2014
File Transfer...
15-Jan-2014
Med's Request
15-Jan-2015
Med's Done....
16-Jan-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 ~Submitted 02-Mar-2015~
VISA ISSUED...
04-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
March 2015
cec2013july said:
Hi OhCanadiana,

I am a CEC July 2013 applicant. Got upfront medicals done for self and family in Nov 2013.

All the checks (Eligibility, Medical, Criminality) are set to passed as per GCMS.

I got a request on 08th Oct to provide CIC with updated residence history for 2 years for self and family. To best of what I understand, it was because our medicals are expiring in Nov-2014.

Do you think CIC will be extending our medicals or do we need to re do the medicals?

Pls advise
Hey from what I understand from your post is that you have done upfront medical after submitting your application? Is that allowed? did they ask you or did you just get it done on your own and submitted? I have already submitted my app last December (2013) but didn't submit upfront medical with it. Now i'm under the impression that I need to wait for CIC to request medical from me. is that true or can i also get my upfront done and submit it before they ask? please let me know :) thank you

umer474

Aug 11, 2014
@cec2013july. No they did not ask for my medical neither my residence history. I am in Canada since 2008.

cec2013july

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MK88 said:
Hey from what I understand from your post is that you have done upfront medical after submitting your application? Is that allowed? did they ask you or did you just get it done on your own and submitted? I have already submitted my app last December (2013) but didn't submit upfront medical with it. Now i'm under the impression that I need to wait for CIC to request medical from me. is that true or can i also get my upfront done and submit it before they ask? please let me know :) thank you
Hi - I did upfront medical (Nov 13) after submitting my application (July 13) and requested CIC to attach it to my file. In Feb 14, I got a request for medicals but informed them that they are already done and attached to the file.

You are allowed to do upfront medicals so it is entirely up to you.

whizbee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
I applied for my spouse visa from Abu Dhabi in May 2014. My spouse visa has been rejected once, I had applied from New Delhi last time. Today, I got an email from New Delhi for reassessment of medical validity. I logged into ecas and it says decision made. I am feeling worried because I didn't get PPR yet. But would they reject my application without an interview? Also, if it is a rejection, why are they asking me to redo my medical? Can someone please help me understand? I am feeling really worried.

Agam1111

Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
05/05/2014
Hello guys, i M new to this forum. I want to ask you guys someting regarding medical reassement. I filed my pr on april4,2014 with my spouse. I am an inland applicant n my spouse is in india. We did our medical on may12, 2014. But my spouse was asked to redo his medical on march 17,2015. They never asked me this time. Now my question is why they request another medical even if the first medical is not yet expired? Is this a good sign or it simply means they need more time to process the application?
Thnks in advance

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agam1111 said:
Hello guys, i M new to this forum. I want to ask you guys someting regarding medical reassement. I filed my pr on april4,2014 with my spouse. I am an inland applicant n my spouse is in india. We did our medical on may12, 2014. But my spouse was asked to redo his medical on march 17,2015. They never asked me this time. Now my question is why they request another medical even if the first medical is not yet expired? Is this a good sign or it simply means they need more time to process the application?
Thnks in advance
They can't issue a visa with so few days left (they need to give you time to pack up and go land). So, in all likelihood they are nearing the end of the process and realized that the medical is expiring and want to be able to actually issue the visa and CoPR.

jealouz

Jan 28, 2014
Can someone enlighten us please.
My caregiver's visa was approved (June 2, 2015) her medical will expired in the next two weeks.
Before she can exit she needs to attend seminars which will take at least 3 weeks to get all clearances.
Question, does she needs to get new medical?

Camis

Nov 16, 2014
The link to this "operational bulletin" on the CIC website says it is expired. Does that mean they are no longer extending medical exam validity?

My common-law partner got her medical exam in Canada back in August/15. We're applying now for her sponsorship, and we would benefit of this extension to avoid getting her medicals again.

Camis

Nov 16, 2014
Anyone know if medical exams can still be extended?

That bulletin on the original link now says expired...

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, I'm trying to figure out when should I retake my medical exams. I took them on March 7th, 2015 and we were supposed to apply for my outland sponsorship right after that but a bunch of setbacks that made us push our plans until february of 2016. Our timeline: Feb 17th they received our package, March 18th AOR, March 22 SA. Now, our medical exams as you can see expired, my husband says to wait until they ask for me to retake them, but I don't know if waiting could hold our application. Should I just go and retake them and send it with our file and UCI number to our Visa Office or should i just wait like my husband says?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
JJ628 said:
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, I'm trying to figure out when should I retake my medical exams. I took them on March 7th, 2015 and we were supposed to apply for my outland sponsorship right after that but a bunch of setbacks that made us push our plans until february of 2016. Our timeline: Feb 17th they received our package, March 18th AOR, March 22 SA. Now, our medical exams as you can see expired, my husband says to wait until they ask for me to retake them, but I don't know if waiting could hold our application. Should I just go and retake them and send it with our file and UCI number to our Visa Office or should i just wait like my husband says?
listen to your husband and wait until it is requested. getting another medical before it's requested can cause confusion in your application and delay it. a remed isn't necessarily going to cause a delay. CIC has the ability to extend your exam too, so it may not even be necessary, depending on when your app is approved.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
CDNPR2014 said:
listen to your husband and wait until it is requested. getting another medical before it's requested can cause confusion in your application and delay it. a remed isn't necessarily going to cause a delay. CIC has the ability to extend your exam too, so it may not even be necessary, depending on when your app is approved.
Thank you soooo much CDNPR2014 for answering my question. You have no clue how impatient I am at this moment and this has been a huge relief to hear it from someone else, I'll wait...anxiously until they ask them. ;D

cool ammy

Mar 9, 2016
Hloo Everyone I m Under family class Sponsership. Our first Medical Was On 17 july 2015. We Put a Speafic enquiry from mp nd after 10 days They rply that They Will extend Our Medicals . So does This means We not worry about our medicals?? Now Plz Rply..

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
cool ammy said:
Hloo Everyone I m Under family class Sponsership. Our first Medical Was On 17 july 2015. We Put a Speafic enquiry from mp nd after 10 days They rply that They Will extend Our Medicals . So does This means We not worry about our medicals?? Now Plz Rply..
Based on what you have written, CIC informed you that they will extend your medical so that means, unless they tell you something differently later on, your medical should be okay.

Good luck.

Harleen.61

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Punjab
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31july 2015
cool ammy said:
What is your timeline..