+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam validity extension for additional 12 months (new CIC Bulletin)

cool ammy

Mar 9, 2016
App File : april2011
Doc request :july 2014
Spnsership Aproval Nd file transfrd To New delhi : may2015
Medical Req : 9 july2015
Medical done: 17 july2015
Medical Results received: 9 june 2016

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi all,

I'm on a slightly different situation. My wife and I had our medical exams done last June as part of work permit application. Do you know if CIC will ask us again to go through another set of medical exam for our work permit application or will they use our previous medical exam clearance? I read in the CIC website that medical exam results are valid for 12 months.

We're applying under CEC class.

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
this medical certificate I can see present some problems for those who's spouses are pregnant.

My wife's medical certificate expires in February and she's due to give birth in April.

Hope they would be able to extend it if they approve my wife's application around then. Wouldn't want to travel with a newborn baby.

And now they asking for medical cert after decision made. How's that possible if the PA is pregnant and can't do x-ray.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
chonji1226 said:
Hi all,

I'm on a slightly different situation. My wife and I had our medical exams done last June as part of work permit application. Do you know if CIC will ask us again to go through another set of medical exam for our work permit application or will they use our previous medical exam clearance? I read in the CIC website that medical exam results are valid for 12 months.

We're applying under CEC class.
Hi

Submit the medical that you have already done. If your app is processed before or quite near to June 2017, IRCC will most likely just extend that medical. If your app is going to take at least a few months beyond June 2017 to be completed, they will most likely request new medicals.

Note that this section of the forum is actually for Family Class apps, so I suggest you keep your posts to the EE or CEC sections of the forum to get the most appropriate advice.

buonqua said:
And now they asking for medical cert after decision made. How's that possible if the PA is pregnant and can't do x-ray.
IRCC does not request a medical after DM. They can't actually make a decision without having the medical...

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
You are correct.

Before a decision made they will request a medical. But than you are pregnant so it will delay your application further.

That's why they should allow medical at our convenience as long it valid for 1 year.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
buonqua said:
You are correct.

Before a decision made they will request a medical. But than you are pregnant so it will delay your application further.

That's why they should allow medical at our convenience as long it valid for 1 year.
IRCC is not here to work around your life. The process is what it is. You chose to have a child at this time, so any resulting inconvenience with the application process is something you just need to deal with.

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
canuck_in_uk said:
IRCC is not here to work around your life. The process is what it is. You chose to have a child at this time, so any resulting inconvenience with the application process is something you just need to deal with.
So what you are saying is after the application has been submitted we should wait until we are approved before having a child? We should put our whole life on hold for who knows how long could be years as some have been waiting just because it's an inconvenience.

And that's why they need to speed up the process to less than a year which they are now doing. But allow us to take upfront medical before we submit our application. Than it's no excuse if we get pregnant during the waiting process. And if it's been longer than a year and our medical expires we can take it again when we're not pregnant.

With the new process we submit our application and 80% get approved in a year. How many people submit their application right after they get married? Than how many get pregnant within the first year of marriage?

The old process allowed us to take upfront medical which worked great for most couples. This new process we will be seeing some trouble next year than they will switch it back to the old process of upfront medical.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
buonqua said:
So what you are saying is after the application has been submitted we should wait until we are approved before having a child? We should put our whole life on hold for who knows how long could be years as some have been waiting just because it's an inconvenience.
No, that is not what I'm saying. You can choose to have a child whenever you want; however, if you do so during the application process, you need to be prepared for the inconveniences that you may face.

Eusufzai

Oct 30, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
24-07-2015
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Hi Chnuk_in_Uk,

I am a provincial nominee program applicant. I have done my medical on February 06, 2016 and it has been updated in the eCAS as " Medical results have been received". I have also paid RPRF and PCC and other documents. My GCMS notes showed that eligibility passed, medical passed, criminality passed, security as blank. My VO is in Hong Kong. As you can see medical will expire in the 05/02/2017. Still I didn't receive PPR. According to the new operational law as suggested by this forum, is there any possibility that I may not need to go for re-medical. In other way, the VO may extend my medical valid for another year after February, 2017? Could you or anybody please clarify me.

Thanks and regards,

Eusufzai

canuck_in_uk said:
No, that is not what I'm saying. You can choose to have a child whenever you want; however, if you do so during the application process, you need to be prepared for the inconveniences that you may face.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Eusufzai said:
According to the new operational law as suggested by this forum, is there any possibility that I may not need to go for re-medical. In other way, the VO may extend my medical valid for another year after February, 2017? Could you or anybody please clarify me.
I don't know what "new operational law" you are referring to.

As I already said above, if the app is completed around or before medical expiry, it will most likely be extended. If the app is not close to being done by then, IRCC will most likely request a new medical.

baadshah8464

Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhCanadiana said:
Yes, they can still request the extension this late. I'd reply to the PPR e-mail with the same request so that they can start the process (and so it doesn't go into some automatic processing without the Officer requesting the extension).

Good luck!
good information

Desertdrift

Dec 25, 2015
Question for the Mods, admin, any applicants who may have had a similar situation, please do advice.

My eAPR AOR date from CIC is mid October 2016 and my VO is NDVO. As per the timeline provided by CIC it a 6 month process for application processing from NDVO. Given the current status of NDVO I highly doubt that my app would come up for review in Apr/May as the current app backlog is pending from June of 2016. I expect my app to be processed by July/August if not sometime later this year. If its processed in July august it would be within 3 month of my medical expiring (Sept 2017), if so, i think the process is that the LVO would ask me to re do my medicals and then I can travel until they expire which would be sometime next year.

If the app does get processed in April/May I would have to travel before my current medicals expire and I won't be able to do so because of a new project I am being handed over and the project does not allow me to leave it mid way and leaving it also won't be great either.

Long story short, if I do not travel before my Medical expire, what can I do to extend validity of my visa for another year or a few more months?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Desertdrift said:
If its processed in July august it would be within 3 month of my medical expiring (Sept 2017), if so, i think the process is that the LVO would ask me to re do my medicals and then I can travel until they expire which would be sometime next year.

If the app does get processed in April/May I would have to travel before my current medicals expire and I won't be able to do so because of a new project I am being handed over and the project does not allow me to leave it mid way and leaving it also won't be great either.

Long story short, if I do not travel before my Medical expire, what can I do to extend validity of my visa for another year or a few more months?
If your app is completed at any point before the medical expires, IRCC is not likely to request a new one. If the app is completed close to expiry, they may ask if you can land by that time; if you can't, then they would request another medical.

Long story short, use it or lose it. IRCC doesn't extend the validity upon request.

You can always land before the expiry date and return to your country to wrap up your affairs.

Desertdrift

Dec 25, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
If your app is completed at any point before the medical expires, IRCC is not likely to request a new one. If the app is completed close to expiry, they may ask if you can land by that time; if you can't, then they would request another medical.

Long story short, use it or lose it. IRCC doesn't extend the validity upon request.

You can always land before the expiry date and return to your country to wrap up your affairs.
Thank you for the response, what you also happen to know the procedure if the travel by date on the initial visa / COPR is missed?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Desertdrift said:
Thank you for the response, what you also happen to know the procedure if the travel by date on the initial visa / COPR is missed?
Procedure? The app is closed.