+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam validity extension for additional 12 months (new CIC Bulletin)

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
My medical got extended 2 months back..still no ppr!
What could be the reason, if you have any idea
Sorry, I couldn't think of any reason. What I did was to do case-specific enquiry using web form. Attached the supporting documents for the pointers they need additional review. Please try that route, it may work.

Ro34

Sep 12, 2019
Afghanistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
2-08-2018
Doc's Request.
4-12-2018
AOR Received.
27-11-2018
File Transfer...
4-01-2019
Med's Request
27-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Passport Req..
23-12-2019
Hi
I am on the same boat.
My medical just got extended yesterday.
My online portal changed from "You do not require medical at the moment, we will message you if this changes" to "03 July, 2019, You have passed the medical exam"

Do not know how long I will have to wait now. It has been 16 months and 9 days now. Hopefully will get it soon.
Today i have recieved a medical letter second time
Its been 16 months for my case now i need to do my mdical again ?

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Sorry, I couldn't think of any reason. What I did was to do case-specific enquiry using web form. Attached the supporting documents for the pointers they need additional review. Please try that route, it may work.
I see your medicals were extended. How long are they valid? It looks like you got the PR before the 1 year mark. I didn't even realize that they could expire within the year.

SSK100

Jan 28, 2020
Hello,

Our application is in eligibility review since last 6 months. Our AOR was April 8th 2019 and medicals are valid till March 25th 2020. As per the 2nd set of GCMS notes, (that we received Jan 20, 2020) Medicals were passed, the criminality is passed, eligibility is in review and security is not started.

However, today there was change in status from ''you do not need medical exam'' to ''medical have been passed on Jan 27th, 2020.'' I believe the medical has been extended. There was also a ghost update on the portal last week. I believe someone has finally taken a look over our file after months.

As per the rule, medicals are extended only if the application processing is completed within 15 months of the original medical exam and the only thing stopping your application from getting final approved and PPR is the expiration of your medical results.

So is it fine to assume that we processing of our file is near completion or does this mean nothing?

Please someone advice as we are going crazzzzzzzy:( :( :( :(

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
My medical exams expired in April 2020 and there in May says that we passed them again, someone in the same situation?

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hello,

Our application is in eligibility review since last 6 months. Our AOR was April 8th 2019 and medicals are valid till March 25th 2020. As per the 2nd set of GCMS notes, (that we received Jan 20, 2020) Medicals were passed, the criminality is passed, eligibility is in review and security is not started.

However, today there was change in status from ''you do not need medical exam'' to ''medical have been passed on Jan 27th, 2020.'' I believe the medical has been extended. There was also a ghost update on the portal last week. I believe someone has finally taken a look over our file after months.

As per the rule, medicals are extended only if the application processing is completed within 15 months of the original medical exam and the only thing stopping your application from getting final approved and PPR is the expiration of your medical results.

So is it fine to assume that we processing of our file is near completion or does this mean nothing?

Please someone advice as we are going crazzzzzzzy:( :( :( :(
Did you get you PR?

napoleonbot

Mar 9, 2017
any one have document showing they extend the medical report validity during the covid period?
My parent did exam Oct 2019, while in Sept 2020, we get request for passport and when will our immigration visa expired on.

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
My medical exams expired in April 2020 and there in May says that we passed them again, someone in the same situation?
Hi, I have few questions, Assuming that you did your medical exam in April 2019, could you please share your experience:

1. At what stage of your application did your medical expire or how long after your AOR?
2. Did you request for extension of medical exam validity to IRCC or the doctor who conducted your medical exam?
3. Do you know for how long IRCC extended your medical exam validity?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi, I have few questions, Assuming that you did your medical exam in April 2019, could you please share your experience:

1. At what stage of your application did your medical expire or how long after your AOR?
2. Did you request for extension of medical exam validity to IRCC or the doctor who conducted your medical exam?
3. Do you know for how long IRCC extended your medical exam validity?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Aor March 2018
Medical request April 2019
I requested the extension through the webform.
I don't know for how long they give me the extencion, Ircc told me that it was for six months but it depends on the officer who handles my case....

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Aor March 2018
Medical request April 2019
I requested the extension through the webform.
I don't know for how long they give me the extencion, Ircc told me that it was for six months but it depends on the officer who handles my case....
Thank you! :)

BIJITIN.P.C

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Hai guys
I did my medical on oct 9 2019,
So on oct 9 , 2020 its expired
I applied for GCMS NOTES .
In that it says on oct 21,2020 medical reassessment requested for PA .
In the next note,
on oct 22 2020 medical reassessment granted for PA
What is that mean , Plz reply guys
Do I need to do the medicals again
Plzz reply

BIJITIN.P.C

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Congrats!!!!!!!
Hai guys
I did my medical on oct 9 2019,
So on oct 9 , 2020 its expired
I applied for GCMS NOTES .
In that it says on oct 21,2020 medical reassessment requested for PA .
In the next note,
on oct 22 2020 medical reassessment granted for PA
What is that mean , Plz reply guys
Do I need to do the medicals again
Plzz reply