+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBBS ECA?

doctor_K

Mar 3, 2019
india
I am MBBS doctor from India. I have completed my USMLE exams. Also received an ECFMF certificate.

I have created a profile on MCC - paid their fees for Degree evaluation

Normal process: once MCC receives my documents - they will send to ECFMG for verification- ECFMG will send it to our home country( 2-4 Months) - once they receive it back - ECFMG will send report back to MCC- Done - Apply for ECA

Q 1: As, I am already ECFMG certified, Now ECFMG already verified my credentials and my records must have in their database so Do ECFMG still needs to send it to home country and waste 3 months of precious time?

if I am primary applicant I need to do MCC ECA but what if I am dependent on my spouse, will WES canada ECA work?

I have found following information but still process is not clear for ECFMG certified MBBS candidates

Ref MCC website : If you already have an ECFMG International Credentials Services (EICS) number and the exact same credentials have been source verified previously through the ECFMG, you will still need to create an SVR and send your documents to the MCC for review. These documents will then be sent to the ECFMG to confirm that they were successfully source verified. This confirmation process could take between 5 to 10 business day. Once complete, your document status will be shown in your physiciansapply.ca account

Kindly help if you are ECFMG certified and has done the process 5-10 business days after submission of documents
Thanks !
yes we have to send them our documents, by mail, then they will forward the same to ECFMG, then when they update on our physicians apply.ca account that our docs have been sent to ECFMG, then we have to provide them with our ECFMG details, ID and stuff, then it will speed up the process and ECFMG will verify that yes this document is the exact copy of the previously verified document

dthomas

Apr 29, 2019
I have applied for USMLE and my medical degree was verified by ECFMG.
My Qn is whether ECFMG need an additional degree source verification for Canadian immigration?

If NO, how do we let them know that we were source verified by ECFMG previously ?

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
For immigration to Canada you need ECA from Medical Council of Canada (MCC).
You need to apply for source verification of your degree through physiciansapply.ca
MCC gets source verification done through ECFMG and sends all document to ECFMG. Only advantage you have is quick verification as ECFMG already has your documents verified, so it will get back to MCC in day or two.

Once source verified by MCC, you can apply for ECA.

Last edited:

ENGRALIASGHAR

May 8, 2019
My wife is MBBS (Principal candidate).
I have Master degree in Engineering.
is it possible we get points for my Msc degree also.

umairhaq

Apr 10, 2018
WES is fine...that's what I did

I'm also a physician by training but not practicing and already applied under NOC 0311 - Managers in healthcare using a WES ECA
WES is fine...that's what I did

I'm also a physician by training but not practicing and already applied under NOC 0311 - Managers in healthcare using a WES ECA
Hey Medwiz,

I have a question, appreciate if you can clarify.

My wife is an MBBS only and she did not practice after that. I have two queries.

• WES can assess her MBBS degree?
  • If yes, what will be the equivalency? (Bachelor or Master)

umairhaq

Apr 10, 2018
Dear All,

I'm a bit confused ... I'm an MD but I'm not practicing as a physician and my work experience is in clinical research ( NOC NOT neither 3111 nor 3112) ... so, for ECA, should I do do the credential assessment through MCC or WES !
Thank you in advance ...
Hi Dr Hani,

Did you assess your MBBS degree from WES?

What was the outcome? (Bachelor or Master)?
Were you a primary applicant?
And what occupation did you choose?

My wife is an MBBS and she did MO job in a small hospital.

Can she apply for immigration as a primary applicant?

Salz_yahoo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi Dr Hani,

Hi

Her degree has to be assessed by MCCand not by WES.
She can ofcourse apply as a primary applicant if the experience years are more to get more CRA points.
Appear for IELTS, and assess your CRS scores according to the calculator and then decide who should be the PA!

umairhaq

Apr 10, 2018
Hey Medwiz,

I have a question, appreciate if you can clarify.

My wife is an MBBS only and she did not practice after that. I have two queries.

• WES can assess her MBBS degree?
  • If yes, what will be the equivalency? (Bachelor or Master)
Hi Medwiz,

Can you please share your feedback.

umairhaq

Apr 10, 2018
Hi Dr Hani,

Hi Dr. Hani,

Can you please share your feedback.

tbk57

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Hi.
I have done mbbs from Pakistan and I am interested in applying to a graduate diploma program.
Do I still need evaluation by mcc or WES will be enough?
Thanks

Muhammad1987!

Aug 25, 2019
my advise for Doctors under NOC 0311 go for MCC very easy and quick service once you sent you complete documents whole process takes 3 weeks to complete SVR ... WES is for non medical
Dear,
I have sent the documents of my spouse on 26th of August for source verification. By document i mean sealed envolpe form DMC along with passport and other required documents. My questions are as follows:
1. WIll Physicianapply resend my docs to DMC (Dow medical college, a Pakistani medical college) or a sealed envelope is enough
2. Timeline for the source verification process. Becuz i have heard once source verifcation is done getting the ECA is a short and easy process.

Thanks

Salz_yahoo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Dear,
I have sent the documents of my spouse on 26th of August for source verification. By document i mean sealed envolpe form DMC along with passport and other required documents. My questions are as follows:
1. WIll Physicianapply resend my docs to DMC (Dow medical college, a Pakistani medical college) or a sealed envelope is enough
2. Timeline for the source verification process. Becuz i have heard once source verifcation is done getting the ECA is a short and easy process.

Thanks
Hello
1. For source verification: a form is sent to your university to be filled by them with your details and certifying that you have been a student there etc

2. If your college/ university is e-verified then it’s done within an hour orelse 2-4 weeks.
Yes, once your SVR is completed then you can pay for ECA and it’s generated within a day or two

Muhammad1987!

Aug 25, 2019
T
Hello
1. For source verification: a form is sent to your university to be filled by them with your details and certifying that you have been a student there etc

2. If your college/ university is e-verified then it’s done within an hour orelse 2-4 weeks.
Yes, once your SVR is completed then you can pay for ECA and it’s generated within a day or two
Thank you.

Last week i got an email from MCC to submit a docuemnt stating the name of thr University.
The issue is as follows:
- My wife did her MBBS from Sindh Medical College (SMC) which was under Dow university of Health Sciences (DUHS).
- We choose DMC as SMC was not an option in physiciansapply.com
- now hoe do we tell this to MCC

Any alumni of SMC Karachi - pls help

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Hi. To get ITA, is it enough to do WES Assessment on MBBS for the main applicant? Is it mandatory to get through physiciansapply.com too? (Not going to work as a doctor immediately in Canada)