+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBBS ECA?

rkkglobe

Oct 15, 2017
Dear toto888,
Thanks for providing this useful comment. However, can you please tell me how did you manage to send everything via courier. If I understand correctly, MCC, ECFMG and the college as well use the normal post to send documents to each other.
Also, do you know where can I check if my institute is in ECFMG's database of online verification database, as some colleges have subscribed to it and the source verification takes as long as 2 days for those institutes. Sigh.... Sigh.... 3 months is such a long time to wait

TS Marwaha

Jan 28, 2018
hello everyone ... I have done mine MBBS and MD in internal medicine and fellowship cardio from India
i have got the MBBS degree , post graduation training and fellow training verified from MCC that is completed SVR
Now i seek ECA from MCC ... do I need to send mine MD Degree also to MCC ?... Since the MCC site says FINAL MEDICAL DEGREE FOR ECA
will i get Points equivalent to PHD or Masters ... Since MBBS will fetch 23 points

SREEPRIYA

Mar 30, 2017
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
File Transfer...
22-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
hello everyone ... I have done mine MBBS and MD in internal medicine and fellowship cardio from India
i have got the MBBS degree , post graduation training and fellow training verified from MCC that is completed SVR
Now i seek ECA from MCC ... do I need to send mine MD Degree also to MCC ?... Since the MCC site says FINAL MEDICAL DEGREE FOR ECA
will i get Points equivalent to PHD or Masters ... Since MBBS will fetch 23 points
Hi
You can get points for MBBS only... so you need to get your MBBS degree ECA done for the 23 points .... hope this helps.

TS Marwaha

Jan 28, 2018
Hi
You can get points for MBBS only... so you need to get your MBBS degree ECA done for the 23 points .... hope this helps.
a second one also ... do i need to select courier service while getting the ECA ? costing 146 Can dollars .. i mean if i will get the ECA pdf file or a certain number in mine mail .. which will be required for express entry application online ..whats the need for hard copy ?

DRMDSMUHIT

Jan 30, 2018
I have got ECA by MCC, equvalent- Doctor of Medicine. In express entry profile what should I select, bachelor or professional degree ?

Reactions: Dr. Hani

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018

Dr. Hani

Mar 5, 2018
Dear All,

I'm a bit confused ... I'm an MD but I'm not practicing as a physician and my work experience is in clinical research ( NOC NOT neither 3111 nor 3112) ... so, for ECA, should I do do the credential assessment through MCC or WES !
Thank you in advance ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike 2020

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Dear All,

I'm a bit confused ... I'm and MD but I'm not practicing as a physician and my work experience is in clinical research ( NOC NOT either 3111 or 3112) ... so, for ECA, should I do do the credential assessment through MCC or WES !
Thank you in advance ...
WES is fine...that's what I did

I'm also a physician by training but not practicing and already applied under NOC 0311 - Managers in healthcare using a WES ECA

salmanzahidi

Apr 13, 2018
My wife current status is that MCC has accepted her MBBS degree and has sent to ECFMG for verification. From where her degree was sent to her institution on June 14. Its been 12 days now, her institution in Karachi hasn't received any letter from ecfmg yet. So can anyone tell us, from his/her experience that normally how many days it takes for this process. We emailed MCC and they said that ecfmg has sent the doc to her institution from regular mail (USPS). Also once the document is verified, what is the average time of ECA ? actually i need her ECA pdf report for my EE profile asap.

Last edited:

Dr. Hani

Mar 5, 2018
My wife current status is that MCC has accepted her MBBS degree and has sent to ECFMG for verification. From where her degree was sent to her institution on June 14. Its been 12 days now, her institution in Karachi hasn't received any letter from ecfmg yet. So can anyone tell us, from his/her experience that normally how many days it takes for this process. We emailed MCC and they said that ecfmg has sent the doc to her institution from regular mail (USPS). Also once the document is verified, what is the average time of ECA ? actually i need her ECA pdf report from my EE profile asap.
Dear salmanzahidi,

the following link provides information regarding the different processes timelines:
https://mcc.ca/services/source-verification/ecfmg/

Best of luck,
Dr. Hani

medwiz

May 25, 2014
My wife current status is that MCC has accepted her MBBS degree and has sent to ECFMG for verification. From where her degree was sent to her institution on June 14. Its been 12 days now, her institution in Karachi hasn't received any letter from ecfmg yet. So can anyone tell us, from his/her experience that normally how many days it takes for this process. We emailed MCC and they said that ecfmg has sent the doc to her institution from regular mail (USPS). Also once the document is verified, what is the average time of ECA ? actually i need her ECA pdf report from my EE profile asap.

The ECA reoport itself from MCC takes 14 business days + delivery time (you can choose for it to be delivered by courier so it arrives faster)