Intake: May 2019
IELTS score: 7
Date of application : 1 SEP
OFFER LETTER -10 SEPT.
Updates: WAITING FOR VISA APPLICATION

jeetkour

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
Forgive me for asking do you really want to study in this college if this is the response for you trying to give them money ?
My prblm is i have study gap of nine years (work exp. Of same period) and only few college accept 5 + study gap and centennial is the one on the top listed

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
My prblm is i have study gap of nine years (work exp. Of same period) and only few college accept 5 + study gap and centennial is the one on the top listed
Huh ? Who told you work experience is a gap. In no college is there any written rule that with work experience of so many years you can't get in.

I graduated in 2014 and Humber did not ask anything regarding work experience and I got offer letter. In Canada there is no age limit to studying. Don't believe any shit that consultants say.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
This is the only admission requirement for Humber ( Just for example, other colleges have similar setup )

Admission to a Graduate Certificate program

To be eligible for admission you must possess a bachelor’s degree or advanced diploma. Please see individual programs for details on required credentials at humber.ca/program.

Equivalencies

• Bachelor’s degree placed in the First Division/Class, university transcripts (Consolidated Transcripts are Not Acceptable), and backlog summary

• Maximum Backlogs Attempts Accepted

• Bachelor’s degree- 3 year: 2 backlog attempts
    • Bachelor’s degree: 4 year: 4 backlog attempts
    • Master’s degree: 2 backlog attempts
    • 10+3 Curriculum: 4 backlog attempts
  • English Proficiency requirements are as follows for consideration:

• Minimum TOEFL score of 580 (paper based) or 88 (internet based with no single test score below 22) or an IELTS with an overall minimum score of 6.5 (no single test score below 6.0) or CAEL with an overall band score of 70.
Students whose English and/or math score does not meet Humber’s requirements cannot request additional testing to determine admission, as distance testing is no longer offered.

To be eligible for admission you must possess a bachelor’s degree or advanced diploma.

If you're willing to go through the steps you can even apply for a Prior Learning assessment and recognition which regards your work experience and prior learning experience.

https://humber.ca/admissions/transfer-options/transfer-in/plar.html

So there is nothing stopping you from attending the college of your choice

jeetkour

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
I got official mail from canada colleges that they dont accept 5+ study gap students while asking for profile eligibility. This is what they revert me back.

jeetkour

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
This is the only admission requirement for Humber ( Just for example, other colleges have similar setup )

Admission to a Graduate Certificate program

To be eligible for admission you must possess a bachelor’s degree or advanced diploma. Please see individual programs for details on required credentials at humber.ca/program.

Equivalencies

• Bachelor’s degree placed in the First Division/Class, university transcripts (Consolidated Transcripts are Not Acceptable), and backlog summary

• Maximum Backlogs Attempts Accepted
    • Bachelor’s degree- 3 year: 2 backlog attempts
    • Bachelor’s degree: 4 year: 4 backlog attempts
    • Master’s degree: 2 backlog attempts
    • 10+3 Curriculum: 4 backlog attempts
  • English Proficiency requirements are as follows for consideration:
    • Minimum TOEFL score of 580 (paper based) or 88 (internet based with no single test score below 22) or an IELTS with an overall minimum score of 6.5 (no single test score below 6.0) or CAEL with an overall band score of 70.
Students whose English and/or math score does not meet Humber’s requirements cannot request additional testing to determine admission, as distance testing is no longer offered.

To be eligible for admission you must possess a bachelor’s degree or advanced diploma.

If you're willing to go through the steps you can even apply for a Prior Learning assessment and recognition which regards your work experience and prior learning experience.

https://humber.ca/admissions/transfer-options/transfer-in/plar.html

So there is nothing stopping you from attending the college of your choice

Let me show you reply from different college i got.
Canadore clg-
Hello Jeet,

We usually do not accept an Academic Gap of more than 5 years.

Algonquin College
Dear Jeet,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we do not accept applicants who have more than 5 years of study gap post university and for Bachelor minimum percentage required is 55% in order to take admission.

These are two examples there are many more.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Let me show you reply from different college i got.
Canadore clg-
Hello Jeet,

We usually do not accept an Academic Gap of more than 5 years.

Algonquin College
Dear Jeet,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we do not accept applicants who have more than 5 years of study gap post university and for Bachelor minimum percentage required is 55% in order to take admission.
Did you say you had work experience of more than 5 years or you had gap of 5 years ?

jeetkour

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I have directly asked to colleges not to these places.

I never heard about these places and found the same on google while looking for consultants/agents/canadacollegerepresentatives.
OK so did you ask these colleges if they accept people with work experience of 5 years or did you say a study gap of 5 years because generally in the west people of any age can go back to college and study.

jeetkour

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
I
OK so did you ask these colleges if they accept people with work experience of 5 years or did you say a study gap of 5 years because generally in the west people of any age can go back to college and study.
I have sent them mail with quoting " did you accept student with 5+ study gap ( work experience of same period)"

Still they answer we dont accept even if you have work experience.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Humber required strong academic profile with 65 -70% . And i have low academic profile.
You will be limited in options then. However time consuming it might be I would humbly suggest you go to each and every college directly and ask and apply directly. Otherwise you are mercy of agents.