AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Hi.. just went through your timeline.. my aor may10,( fsw inland) passed medicals 6th of July and ip1 the next day.. I got request for additional documents (schedule A) on the 2nd of August and it's been reviewed.. my worry is that I haven't moved to na2 or even ip2.. my bgc still says " we will let you know when we start your background check"
Kindly share what your bgc says and also the number you called in contacting cic.. thanks alot
There have been scenarios where the account status does not get updated even though the background check is ongoing. try giving them a call and update us if you learn more.

Reactions: Ruthaj

Ruthaj

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
There have been scenarios where the account status does not get updated even though the background check is ongoing. try giving them a call and update us if you learn more.
Kindly share cic phone details .. thanks

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017

Reactions: Ruthaj

Altim

Jul 31, 2017
Not entirely true... CEC was actually getting processed between 2 to 4 months, from AOR to PPR was taking 4 months. there were a considerable number of people getting it between 3 to 4 months which was the average, 5 months was kind of like a worst case scenario for CEC inland ( this was before the slow down in May / June ). Now taking the slow down into consideration, For may applicants , lets say as an example ... if the aor date was 15th of May - its already 3 months completed. which going by their previous average should see PPR requests within the next 4 weeks ( i have a feeling it would be within the next two weeks for majority of the May applicants ). If you look at the numbers more closely, CIC will still maintain there average. This is a good thing for CEC applicants.
I am glad that you are keeping very positive about it!:) But if before (without any slowdown) it was taking 4 months to do ALL updates (med,3-4 bgcheck), then in this case, it would be less probable that they give an applicant PPR just in two weeks skipping 2-3 updates (checks). I did look at the processing times closely, and I was amazed how fast it was earlier in the year. Based on the numbers you are talking about, you cannot really predict that CIC will maintain the average since the numbers before have never accounted for slowdown. (As an example, one of the estimators on the tracker says that my next update should be in the best scenario on 2 August, on average 9th and in the worst September..same for medicals, the wait time for May AOR was exhaustively long). I really hope that the next two weeks is the time everyone gets their updates and their deserved PPRs.:)

Reactions: IrenaIrena

krupalpatel41

Apr 7, 2016
Finally, Today I got update on my profile
CEC May 04th
Medical passed on 25th may 2017
Background check status: NA today so expecting PPR very soon.....

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Positive thoughts always!!! I should have added this - in my opinion - CIC is trying to make up for the slow down that was there in mid may to june end. And my reason for thinking that is - look at this from a strategy point of CIC, during the initial 3 to 4 months of this year.. CEC inland applicants were getting PPR's in record times where as the FSW outland applicants were having a longer wait. CIC realized this and kind of prioritized FSW applications and that is cleared to a point where June applicants have received PPR's. Now consider the fact that its much more easier for them to process background check and most of the verifications for CEC applicants ( inland ) which is part of the reason why CEC applications were being approved faster during the first quarter of this year. Also the total number of invitations is around 48,000 for the first 5 months. There was only one invitation each in June and July ( which they did on purpose to catch up with the backlog ). So pretty much FSW is cleared until June, which frees up additional VO's and resources for CIC to engage for the CEC backlog. If indeed that is the strategy they are using ... it will mean that the May AOR applications will see a flood of PPR's in the next couple of weeks.

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
@Krunal Patel My background check changed to NA too today may 8th AOR
Does it mean PPR is next? are there chances of rejection at this stage?

@Riyas Siraj @Kiran K any input pease?
So to my point and analysis below... May AOR's should start receiving PPR's soon. And what i know from one of my ITA watsapp groups is that once they start sending PPR mails, they send it as a bunch. People with nearby dates will start receiving PPR's almost together. Let's hope for the best.

Reactions: btoronto

Javivent

Dec 23, 2016
Good day everyone, I wanted to get some opinions from you guys if you don't mind. I got my PPR yesterday and they're requesting for my passport to be sent to Mexico City which is my local visa office.

The thing is I'm currently in Canada, I came as a tourist back in July. So, given that I got the PPR and I'm already in Canada, I'd like to ask them to change my local visa office to the one in Ottawa. Does anyone know if this is possible? And if so, which email address should I send the request to? Lastly, is there a specific format for a such a request? Thanks in advance.

Hi!

May I know your timeline and nationality? I'm interested because We are in the same visa office and I'm in Ip2 since July 19.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi.. just went through your timeline.. my aor may10,( fsw inland) passed medicals 6th of July and ip1 the next day.. I got request for additional documents (schedule A) on the 2nd of August and it's been reviewed.. my worry is that I haven't moved to na2 or even ip2.. my bgc still says " we will let you know when we start your background check"
Kindly share what your bgc says and also the number you called in contacting cic.. thanks alot
Your background check hasn't started yet? We passed the medical exam on the same day so we should have similar processing time. Sometimes the officers don't update the status. I'd suggest you call IRCC or oder GCMS notes. I ordered my GCMS notes on July 17 and should be able to get it within a couple days. That would give me more info on my application.