AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Good day everyone, I wanted to get some opinions from you guys if you don't mind. I got my PPR yesterday and they're requesting for my passport to be sent to Mexico City which is my local visa office.

The thing is I'm currently in Canada, I came as a tourist back in July. So, given that I got the PPR and I'm already in Canada, I'd like to ask them to change my local visa office to the one in Ottawa. Does anyone know if this is possible? And if so, which email address should I send the request to? Lastly, is there a specific format for a such a request? Thanks in advance.
@germanleonz

as far as i know, you can request a VO change even after PPR letter ( your letter should give you details of what to do if you are not able to submit your passport to the said office ) . Couple of options ... you can send them an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. asking what to do or requesting the VO change. Give them a call (wait times are horrific now) but they will be able to help you. Most times they will send you an email with the instructions as follow up once you talk to them. Raising a CSE or email enquiry will be time consuming.

Regards
Riyas Siraj

Didona84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
@mapeleafs How is your medical expiring tomorrow? Did you do the checkup a year ago?

I have the same situation as you, my AOR is 15th May. Passed meds on 29 June.
Question for the experienced members - Is the change "We do not need additional documents" significant? is IP2 close?

mapeleafs

Apr 12, 2017
How is your medical expiring tomorrow? Did you do the checkup a year ago?

I have the same situation as you, my AOR is 15th May. Passed meds on 29 June.
Question for the experienced members - Is the change "We do not need additional documents" significant? is IP2 close?

ya i did my medicals last year in aug, and my back ground change dtoday from we are processing to NA, now i dont know what to do, how long would it take from here?

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
My Back ground check changed from we are processing to NA. May 8th AOR.

Can someone please tell me what is the next step please, my doc like PCC and Medical is expiring tomorrow.

Application statusWe are processing your application.We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibilityWe are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsYou passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

@Kiran K your input will be highly appreciated.
@mapleleafs

Which PCC are you talking about , did you get an RCMP one ? As per CIC rules - the six month expiry is for PCC acquired for the country where you are living currently.

For Example: if you are from India , and since you got the PCC you have not lived there for more than 6 months - it should be still good.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately it is a waiting game at this point , CIC has started clearing FSW and CEC INLAND applicants now - so there should be more updates coming for INLAND applicants this week or next week.

Regards
Riyas Siraj
I just called IRCC and they said my application is waiting for final review. I should expect PPR soon if the officer approves.

Reactions: 871012wang

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
I just called IRCC and they said my application is waiting for final review. I should expect PPR soon if the officer approves.
Congrats... Good news indeed!! you should get it in the next couple of weeks.

mapeleafs

Apr 12, 2017
@mapleleafs

Which PCC are you talking about , did you get an RCMP one ? As per CIC rules - the six month expiry is for PCC acquired for the country where you are living currently.

For Example: if you are from India , and since you got the PCC you have not lived there for more than 6 months - it should be still good.

Ya i did my RCMP one for Canada and India PCC was last year and same with Medical i haven't travelled to India after that.

What Stage i am at now? as the Background check changed to NA and how long it takes from here

germanleonz

Jun 26, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
@germanleonz

as far as i know, you can request a VO change even after PPR letter ( your letter should give you details of what to do if you are not able to submit your passport to the said office ) . Couple of options ... you can send them an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. asking what to do or requesting the VO change. Give them a call (wait times are horrific now) but they will be able to help you. Most times they will send you an email with the instructions as follow up once you talk to them. Raising a CSE or email enquiry will be time consuming.

Regards
Riyas Siraj
Thank you Riyas. I just wrote an email directly to the Mexico VO to see if we can send the passports directly from Canada to Mexico or if a visa office change is entitled. Hopefully, they'll answer soon.

Thanks again.

Altim

Jul 31, 2017
@ Altim

They did slowed down a lot, there was a lull period when they kind of stopped updating inland applicants files after May 08th AOR date. This went on for about 40 days. But CIC is back and doing their thing starting end of July. The thing to note is that they are well within their stipulated 6 month processing time for 80% of the applications. I think they are processing more than 95% of the applications within 6 months.

Having said that we are feeling left out because FSW applicants from July AOR have got PPR already. And from following the CIC trend closely, we should see a lot of May inland applicants get PPR request before the end of August.

Regards
Riyas Siraj
I really hope that is true! But from the tracker, almost no one from CEC received PPR yet even if they got AOR at the beginning of May..So taking into consideration that some people didn't have BG update for three weeks and they applied before mid of May gives me a feeling that for an update after MED it will take 1 month..and then another one for finalizing the application (in total it would be 5 months at least) for CEC stream (which was the fastest before) :confused:

Reactions: IrenaIrena

akash06f

Star Member
May 23, 2013
I know my friends CEC inland of AOR march and April they got their PPR in 103 days and one of them got it in 97 days.

Ruthaj

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
please see my signature. thanks
Hi.. just went through your timeline.. my aor may10,( fsw inland) passed medicals 6th of July and ip1 the next day.. I got request for additional documents (schedule A) on the 2nd of August and it's been reviewed.. my worry is that I haven't moved to na2 or even ip2.. my bgc still says " we will let you know when we start your background check"
Kindly share what your bgc says and also the number you called in contacting cic.. thanks alot

Reactions: wstrn24

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
I really hope that is true! But from the tracker, almost no one from CEC received PPR yet even if they got AOR at the beginning of May..So taking into consideration that some people didn't have BG update for three weeks and they applied before mid of May gives me a feeling that for an update after MED it will take 1 month..and then another one for finalizing the application (in total it would be 5 months at least) for CEC stream (which was the fastest before) :confused:
Not entirely true... CEC was actually getting processed between 2 to 4 months, from AOR to PPR was taking 4 months. there were a considerable number of people getting it between 3 to 4 months which was the average, 5 months was kind of like a worst case scenario for CEC inland ( this was before the slow down in May / June ). Now taking the slow down into consideration, For may applicants , lets say as an example ... if the aor date was 15th of May - its already 3 months completed. which going by their previous average should see PPR requests within the next 4 weeks ( i have a feeling it would be within the next two weeks for majority of the May applicants ). If you look at the numbers more closely, CIC will still maintain there average. This is a good thing for CEC applicants.

Reactions: IrenaIrena