UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi All,
I am a dependant living in UAE and my Primary Applicant is in India, Now we received the PPR on 27th Oct, it is mentioned both has to be submit in a single package, and for this can she travel to UAE to submit her passport along with mine, She has no prior travel history outside of India, and do we need to notify the IRCC?
Thanks in Advance

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi All,
I am a dependant living in UAE and my Primary Applicant is in India, Now we received the PPR on 27th Oct, it is mentioned both has to be submit in a single package, and for this can she travel to UAE to submit her passport along with mine, She has no prior travel history outside of India, and do we need to notify the IRCC?
Thanks in Advance
Each applicant has to send a separate envelope to VFS. We don't submit a single package for all applicants.

sisaacwork

Jun 2, 2023
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2023
Doc's Request.
16-05-2023
AOR Received.
08-05-2023
Med's Done....
16-05-2023
Passport Req..
26-09-2023
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2023
Hey everyone, just wanted to give a final update to my timeline (also in my signature).

I received PPR on 26 September and submitted all documents + photos same day to VFS Global in NYC. You can use any qualifying photo from the last 12 months, so if you anticipate PPR soon, go ahead and get that done ahead of time! IRCC received my paperwork on 2 October. I waited the suggest 10-12 business days and then contacted the NY consulate - they did not reply, but I did see movement the day after contacting them. On 25 October my GCKey portal reflected that my application had been approved, and VFS Global sent my package back via UPS yesterday. It is due to arrive Monday. Total time from my AOR to receiving my COPR document will be 175 days on Monday, including two ADRs and a long background process. I'll be doing my soft landing on 22 November at YYZ and will update the relevant threads on that experience afterwards. Keep the faith and be patient, anyone who is still waiting from May will hopefully be finished soon!

Any other applicants who are US citizens or are specifically in the Chicagoland area feel free to PM me with questions on the specifics of this process, where to get photos, how to submit to VFS Global, etc. Best of luck and see you all on the other side of the border :)

fred21

Jul 7, 2020
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Each applicant has to send a separate envelope to VFS. We don't submit a single package for all applicants.
Can she travel to UAE to submit passport instead of India, and for that do we need to inform IRCC?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Can she travel to UAE to submit passport instead of India, and for that do we need to inform IRCC?
There are a couple of ways in which you can do it:
1. ask her to travel to UAE and submit your passports there.
2. inform IRCC that you two are in different countries and go ahead from there: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sending-spouse-and-my-passport-for-ppr-in-different-countries.532161/

If #1 can be done and isn't too big of a hassle, I'd go with that as NDVO will be slow in passport stamping with reduced capacity.

Pavkpav

Sep 1, 2023
Your eligibility and background check completed already ?
Tracker shows eligibility not started & background check in progress since Aug 03, 2023. IRCC on call confirmed criminality passed & security in progress under background check. I dont know what that means & how much more time it's going to take.

Thermo

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Hey everyone, just wanted to give a final update to my timeline (also in my signature).

I received PPR on 26 September and submitted all documents + photos same day to VFS Global in NYC. You can use any qualifying photo from the last 12 months, so if you anticipate PPR soon, go ahead and get that done ahead of time! IRCC received my paperwork on 2 October. I waited the suggest 10-12 business days and then contacted the NY consulate - they did not reply, but I did see movement the day after contacting them. On 25 October my GCKey portal reflected that my application had been approved, and VFS Global sent my package back via UPS yesterday. It is due to arrive Monday. Total time from my AOR to receiving my COPR document will be 175 days on Monday, including two ADRs and a long background process. I'll be doing my soft landing on 22 November at YYZ and will update the relevant threads on that experience afterwards. Keep the faith and be patient, anyone who is still waiting from May will hopefully be finished soon!

Any other applicants who are US citizens or are specifically in the Chicagoland area feel free to PM me with questions on the specifics of this process, where to get photos, how to submit to VFS Global, etc. Best of luck and see you all on the other side of the border :)
Hello, did you use VFS 2-way courier service? I shipped my passport to them about two weeks ago, but haven't received any updates since..

sisaacwork

Jun 2, 2023
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2023
Doc's Request.
16-05-2023
AOR Received.
08-05-2023
Med's Done....
16-05-2023
Passport Req..
26-09-2023
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2023
Hello, did you use VFS 2-way courier service? I shipped my passport to them about two weeks ago, but haven't received any updates since..
I did. It was quite expensive, somewhere around $77 USD, and the process was confusing but it worked in the end. Did you receive confirmation that the package reached VFS already?

Thermo

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
I did. It was quite expensive, somewhere around $77 USD, and the process was confusing but it worked in the end. Did you receive confirmation that the package reached VFS already?
Yesterday I contacted their customer service and found out that they received it.. The whole process was really confusing.

daygamer

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
Anyone still in background in progress?
My aor is may 15th. All completed except for security. It's been two weeks since security went to in progress. Should I be concerned? Is this normal

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Do I have to bring my settlement funds when landing for PR (FSW-O) ?
Are you referring to proof of funds(PoF) as settlement funds? If so, you can be asked for updated PoF, they rarely ask though - but if they asked and you failed to show PoF, your PR application can be rejected. Apart from it being a requirement, PoF is what you need at minimum to survive the first few months in Canada, highly recommended that you have access to PoF and more funds.