+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< MAY 2023 AOR >>>>>>>>>>

Fay-control

Star Member
May 22, 2021
I have to say guys that I begin to feel a little bit anxious.
As much as I am very happy for you, as much as I am stressed, knowing that my eligibility only started on May 29, I still expect a lot of waiting time.

Reactions: MapleBoy01

MapleBoy01

May 26, 2023
As much as I am very happy for you, as much as I am stressed, knowing that my eligibility only started on May 29, I still expect a lot of waiting time.
If it helps at all, My Biometrics is still 'In Progress' despite "Eligiblity Review" being completed. There doesn't seem to be any particular sequence in which the reviewers are completing these steps.

Reactions: Miracle2018

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Mine's not even started mate. The fact that it has started is a positive sign. Not having started.. well, that's real waiting time.

Reactions: MapleBoy01

Fay-control

Star Member
May 22, 2021
If it helps at all, My Biometrics is still 'In Progress' despite "Eligiblity Review" being completed. There doesn't seem to be any particular sequence in which the reviewers are completing these steps.
I think that IRCC should provide us with psychologists during this waiting period :D
Like our future is literally at stake, I don't know if they realise this behind their offices.

• Haha
Reactions: MapleBoy01 and qdee

ksm254

May 17, 2023
I don't think anybody's gloating. People are just providing info that could serve as a metric for others with similar timelines. Sometimes it helps others raise questions with IRCC if anyone's stuck at a certain step. So I do think it's helpful in that way. I'm sure people's doubts and queries are getting answered as well when posed and explicitly asked for.
I agree... sharing timelines helps as everyone is in the same boat

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Think about it in this way - the only thing that can possibly make you unhappy is if they sent your application for comprehensive security screening. That can take 6 months to 1+ year alone.

Anything else is usually going to mean faster processing.

Tbh, it is a very very good idea to assume that your application will be processed after 6 months. Don't let the worrying or overstressing get in the way. Enjoy your time, have fun with others here, and prepare for your future like a "Pro Immigrant" :D ;)

From the ancient docs IRCC released, we know for sure that non c-check applications have to finish their security in 110 days max. Eligibility takes way less. So, it is all positive for you unless you are in c-check.

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
Think about it in this way - the only thing that can possibly make you unhappy is if they sent your application for comprehensive security screening. That can take 6 months to 1+ year alone.

Anything else is usually going to mean faster processing.

Tbh, it is a very very good idea to assume that your application will be processed after 6 months. Don't let the worrying or overstressing get in the way. Enjoy your time, have fun with others here, and prepare for your future like a "Pro Immigrant" :D ;)

From the ancient docs IRCC released, we know for sure that non c-check applications have to finish their security in 110 days max. Eligibility takes way less. So, it is all positive for you unless you are in c-check.
Is there something that triggers comprehensive security screening? I have traveled quite a bit. Even to places like Turkey. I wonder if I should be ready to face comprehensive SS?

boggart

Apr 15, 2023
I've a health condition and for me MEP was sort of a big deal. My heart rate was through the roof too. After MEP, never stressed about anything though (except for standing in a long line outside VFS in a very hot weather).
Chandigarh? Elante? :D

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Is there something that triggers comprehensive security screening? I have traveled quite a bit. Even to places like Turkey. I wonder if I should be ready to face comprehensive SS?
Here's a very old doc relased from IRCC (credits to Legalfalcon for it). IRCC's own flags lead to the comprehensive SS. We definitely see someone's country as a factor here. You are less likely to go to comprehensive SS.

aisling_ai

Apr 19, 2023
My PR app has dependents, at first my name was in ALL CAPS, today my son name is in ALL CAPS and mine is back to normal...is this normal? nothing else changed.

• Haha
Reactions: Lord_Tony

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
There are a number of things that can trigger comprehensive security screening, including:
  • Travel to certain countries: Traveling to countries that are considered to be high-risk for terrorism or other security concerns can trigger comprehensive security screening.
  • Unusual travel patterns: If your travel patterns are unusual or suspicious, you may be subject to comprehensive security screening. For example, if you have recently traveled to a number of countries in a short period of time, or if you have made multiple trips to the same country, you may be more likely to be subject to comprehensive security screening.
  • Previous immigration or customs violations: If you have a history of immigration or customs violations, you may be more likely to be subject to comprehensive security screening.
  • Incomplete or inconsistent travel documents: If your travel documents are incomplete or inconsistent, you may be more likely to be subject to comprehensive security screening.
  • Unclear or inconsistent answers to questions: If you are unable to provide clear or consistent answers to questions about your travel plans or intentions, you may be more likely to be subject to comprehensive security screening.
It is important to note that not everyone who has traveled to Turkey will be subject to comprehensive security screening. The decision of whether or not to subject someone to comprehensive security screening is made on a case-by-case basis.

If you are subject to comprehensive security screening, you may be asked to answer additional questions about your travel plans, intentions, and background. You may also be asked to provide additional documentation, such as a police clearance certificate or a letter from your employer.

Comprehensive security screening can be a time-consuming and frustrating process. However, it is important to remember that it is designed to protect the safety of Canadians and visitors to Canada.

femi_kan

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
March 29
I just got MEP/BIL. The medicals got me scared a bit, as my BP was off the roof.

Updated timeline:

FSW Outland
ITA: 29 March, 2023
AOR: 14 May, 2023
MEP/BIL: 31 May, 2023
Biometric Booked for 7 June, 2023

My tracker has my eligibility updated to completed. I guess that's good news.

Biometrics
In progress

Medical exam
Completed

Eligibility
Completed

Background verification
In progress