+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< MAY 2023 AOR >>>>>>>>>>

Thermo

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
I don't know what normal means anymore. But, it can be done in the same day if there's nothing really needed to verify your MEC (minimum eligibility criteria). Getting completed in the same day isn't very common though. But we are seeing it becoming a bit more frequent than what it was before.
Just wondering if background check normally takes more time than eligibility?

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Just wondering if background check normally takes more time than eligibility?
Depends what stream you’re under, will also depend on what order they do it in. But normally if all your documents are in good standing and complete eligibility will be real quick. BGC / info sharing normally takes the longest as they go to various different agencies to find the information. Can be anywhere from a couple of weeks to 2+ years (if you’re in enhanced screening)

YHA92

Apr 4, 2023
Lebanon
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10-05-2023
Med's Done....
18-04-2023
Passport Req..
16-06-2023
LANDED..........
03-12-2023
Today's updates:

FSW-O
AOR: May 10
MEP: April 18 (upfront)
MED/UCI: completed on May 23
Biometrics: completed on May 23 (given in 2017 for visitor visa)
Eligibility: completed on June 5
Background check: in progress (since May 23)

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Almost every FSW-O applicant I have been following with AOR around mine has had their eligibility review started or (a few) even completed by now. This is so, so frustrating.

RuchiBajaj

May 7, 2020
CEC Inland (with spouse)
AOR-15th May
No update as of today

What is the ‘Review of eligibility’ section say initially?
Is it ‘in progress’ or ‘we are reviewing your eligibility’???

please share what is the status of other applicants on the same boat.

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
CEC Inland (with spouse)
AOR-15th May
No update as of today

What is the ‘Review of eligibility’ section say initially?
Is it ‘in progress’ or ‘we are reviewing your eligibility’???

please share what is the status of other applicants on the same boat.

Are you talking about on GCKey? This is what it'll say initially until R10.

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
After R10 has been completed, your UCI will update from CANXXXXX to your actual 10 digit number UCI Number and then it'll change to

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
But that doesn't actually mean whether they're looking at "Eligibility" at this moment. Will be in queue to be checked. Use the new PR Tracker for a more accurate representation of the status of the application.

Reactions: maricelpba

Thermo

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
I have a quick question. Some people talk about NA1, NA2, IP1, IP2, etc in the Background check section in GCKey, and those can be used as some kind of status for tracking your process. Is it still valid now?

It has been Not Applicable (NA) in my Background check section since I had AOR. (Or maybe I didn't check frequent enough to see the status changes)

TomCassidy

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
ITA: April 26
AOR: May 7
UCI update: May 31
In the GCKey portal, it shows that my biometric has been already linked to my application since May 31, whereas in the PR tracker, it is still in progress to date!! Any comments?

Last edited:
Reactions: MapleBoy01

RuchiBajaj

May 7, 2020
Are you talking about on GCKey? This is what it'll say initially until R10.

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
After R10 has been completed, your UCI will update from CANXXXXX to your actual 10 digit number UCI Number and then it'll change to

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
But that doesn't actually mean whether they're looking at "Eligibility" at this moment. Will be in queue to be checked. Use the new PR Tracker for a more accurate representation of the status of the application.
Yes I was talking about gckey. Nothing has changed in my application and there is no updated UCI so I cannot track my application via tracker but I do see the review of eligibility as ‘We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements’

Not even sure if this was the status from the start or just changed today.

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
FSW Inland
AOR: May 17
Medical Passed & Biometrics Updated: June 5

How long does it take to be able to create my application tracker account? I tried to create my account as soon as I saw my MEP, Biometrics, and UCI updated however I keep getting this error message.

Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.
It might take 1~2 days before you can create a tracker account. It's kinda useless before biometrics complete anyways :D

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
So, eligibility review has still not started but received this update on the tracker today - "We received your enquiry". Does it refer to a web form that I had sent a couple of weeks ago? Does that get reflected on the tracker as well?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
It might take 1~2 days before you can create a tracker account. It's kinda useless before biometrics complete anyways :D
Also, signing up for tracker for the first time is weirdly not so easy. You also have to type everything exactly as it is on your passport. It is hard to know when you are making a mistake vs tracker not fully setup.

Agreed with your remark that it is pointless to do so before Biometrics.