+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
When you say checking through ECA, which URL do you mean first or the second URL below?
Please let me know.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
(I have created login using the file number here and status here is submitted)

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas
As of now shows "In Progress" for both the sponsor and the PA
The Sponsor approval is still in progress. Once you see "Decision Made" under your Sponsor then you will receive BIL and Medical. Sometimes Sponsor approval takes time. The Outland Sponsorship is explained in below link.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-outland-sponsorship-process.639134/

Reactions: nik_on

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
When you say checking through ECA, which URL do you mean first or the second URL below?
Please let me know.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
(I have created login using the file number here and status here is submitted)

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas
As of now shows "In Progress" for both the sponsor and the PA
2nd link. See the link has "ecas" in it. ECAS - Electronic Case Application Status

If both are "In process", then the SA is still pending approval, consequently, no BIL and Medical yet, as PA would be waiting for SA first, before processing.

Last edited:
Reactions: nik_on

abp04

Jun 3, 2020
My ecas status changed to DECISION MADE today. But no update in GCkey. Could there be a final decision soon?

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
@armoured: I hope you can clarify some of the questions I have:

1. In Spreadsheet, can you please explain what date I should key in under "PA ECAS shows application received": I already see on ECAS first line saying application for PR received on May 11, 2021 or is it something different?
2. Once Medicals are passed, how long does it take to see the line "We started processing your application on XXXX". Pending to give Biometrics (27th July) due to unavailability of appointments in VFS India.
3. In GCKey it says "We are processing background checks". I think Criminality is passed based on PCC and Security will be cleared once submission of biometric?
4. Does NDVO sends AOR2?

Thanks!

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
My ecas status changed to DECISION MADE today. But no update in GCkey. Could there be a final decision soon?
You mean in the PA side? can you post your timeline please, for comparison.

If you mean on the PA side, then you'll probably expect an update on GCKEY soon.

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
@armoured: I hope you can clarify some of the questions I have:

1. In Spreadsheet, can you please explain what date I should key in under "PA ECAS shows application received": I already see on ECAS first line saying application for PR received on May 11, 2021 or is it something different?
2. Once Medicals are passed, how long does it take to see the line "We started processing your application on XXXX". Pending to give Biometrics (27th July) due to unavailability of appointments in VFS India.
3. In GCKey it says "We are processing background checks". I think Criminality is passed based on PCC and Security will be cleared once submission of biometric?
4. Does NDVO sends AOR2?

Thanks!
- PA's ECAS status changes to aplication received, every after you submit say a biometric or medical. after submission, it will go back to "In process", so if you're done with Bio and medical, maybe you missed that update already.

-Most likely after you submit the BIO. Line 2 in ECAS or "We started processing" usually comes after you submit BIO and Medical.

-You'll never know until it says it is completed. This takes a lot of time to complete as different gov't agencies are doing this.
See link for reference:
The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>> | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)

4. Does NDVO sends AOR2?

I don't have an idea. Compare it to the previous months, if they input that they received AOR2 with same visa office.

Reactions: canuck90

abp04

Jun 3, 2020
You mean in the PA side? can you post your timeline please, for comparison.

If you mean on the PA side, then you'll probably expect an update on GCKEY soon.
Yes, PA.

Type: Outland but currently in Canada on TRV
Application Received: 2021-05-05
AOR1: 2021-05-10
Sponsorship Approval: 2021-05-13
Biometrics Letter: NA, still have an active BIO from my TRV
Biometrics Given: 2020-03-05
Medical Request: 2021-05-15
Pre-arrival services: 2021-06-22
Medical Given: 2021-06-28
Medical Passed: 2021-07-05
Current status: Decision Made

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Yes, PA.

Looks to me you'll get your update soon. Congratulations in advance.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Yes, PA.

What is nationality of PA?

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hopefully :) thanks
Wow, this is remarkable! Wishing you the speediest processing of all the remaining steps.

Question (cause I think I might also be in a situation later when the final steps of my application processing might happen while I am in Canada on a TRV): once they request for your passport, where do you send it, if the PA is in Canada? To the designated VO (Manila?), or would in this case the passport be processed in Canada?

abp04

Jun 3, 2020
Wow, this is remarkable! Wishing you the speediest processing of all the remaining steps.

Question (cause I think I might also be in a situation later when the final steps of my application processing might happen while I am in Canada on a TRV): once they request for your passport, where do you send it, if the PA is in Canada? To the designated VO (Manila?), or would in this case the passport be processed in Canada?
If you are already in Canada on TRV, you should inform IRCC through webform on your address here in Canada. That way, once your application is approved there will be no need for a PPR. If i'm right we will receive a eCOPR, and the PR card will be sent to your home address in Canada or we can be directed to go to a Service Canada office to process documents for the PR card etc..

Informing IRCC that you are here already might prevent also IRCC forwarding your application to your home country for faster processing.

Reactions: Scarpetta

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
If you are already in Canada on TRV, you should inform IRCC through webform on your address here in Canada. That way, once your application is approved there will be no need for a PPR. If i'm right we will receive a eCOPR, and the PR card will be sent to your home address in Canada or we can be directed to go to a Service Canada office to process documents for the PR card etc..

Informing IRCC that you are here already might prevent also IRCC forwarding your application to your home country for faster processing.
Thanks a lot, that's extremely helpful!
I am planning to go to Canada on a TRV in September/ October this year, so I'll most likely need this information.