+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
He said i have your file number but they will send new one once we submit your application .he did not told anything to her.but as i am assuming file was returned. but why someone will send your all documents in one email specially the cpc officer. in pr process if we applied via paper file they return whole paper file if some info has not given.but in this case i have no idea what is going on.
Apparently, just recently they have been doing that via email, maybe coinciding with them now accepting apps on-line as well.

Kngp@43

Jun 23, 2021
Apparently, just recently they have been doing that via email, maybe coinciding with them now accepting apps on-line as well.
Ya i thought that they are accepting files online but did they also chage checklist for spousal sponsorship application in this year? i also sent paper file in june . i don't know what is going to happen now?but it is confirmed now that they are giving app no.with in 40 to 46 days .

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Ya i thought that they are accepting files online but did they also chage checklist for spousal sponsorship application in this year? i also sent paper file in june . i don't know what is going to happen now?but it is confirmed now that they are giving app no.with in 40 to 46 days .
As far as I know, checklist have been the same. your friend should ask her representative for the email/correspondence that IRCC sent, to confirm if an application number was really given. If there is really an application number, then she can always use that as a reference to ask for an update or by just merely checking through ECAS.

Anybody can correct me, but I haven't read anything that somebody gets an application number, if their application was returned. You'll only get an AOR1, if your application is complete. If it's not, they'll return it, then they'll only give an AOR, once you complete the requirement. If they are doing the sending of scanned copies of your application, then letting you know through that email of the deficiencies, the more that your friend should ask her representative for that email. so she can confirm what's happening. I think that is her right to see all the email correspondence from her rep.

Mel1

Jun 2, 2018
Hello,

Which home address IRCC use to return the paper file? Sponsor's or applicant's address? Thank you.
My file waa returned a week ago n i just send it back. I am the sponsor, so the paper file comes back but to the sponsor's address.

Mel1

Jun 2, 2018
hi how was your file returned like did they return at your mailing address or you or representative got an email with all scaning documents.
My file was also returned last week and i just send it back. They gonna send all the documents at ur mailing address. A letter will be inside to indicate what you are missing.

Kngp@43

Jun 23, 2021
As far as I know, checklist have been the same. your friend should ask her representative for the email/correspondence that IRCC sent, to confirm if an application number was really given. If there is really an application number, then she can always use that as a reference to ask for an update or by just merely checking through ECAS.

Anybody can correct me, but I haven't read anything that somebody gets an application number, if their application was returned. You'll only get an AOR1, if your application is complete. If it's not, they'll return it, then they'll only give an AOR, once you complete the requirement. If they are doing the sending of scanned copies of your application, then letting you know through that email of the deficiencies, the more that your friend should ask her representative for that email. so she can confirm what's happening. I think that is her right to see all the email correspondence from her rep.
Yup she saw the reason now. it was coz she did not attach tax papers

abp04

Jun 3, 2020
Type: Outland but currently in Canada on TRV
Application Received: 2021-05-05
AOR1: 2021-05-10
Sponsorship Approval: 2021-05-13
Biometrics Letter: NA, still have an active BIO from my TRV
Biometrics Given: 2020-03-05
Medical Request: 2021-05-15
Pre-arrival services: 2021-06-22
Medical Given: 2021-06-28
Medical Passed: 2021-07-05
Current status: In process

Last edited:

Rsk123

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
My file was also returned last week and i just send it back. They gonna send all the documents at ur mailing address. A letter will be inside to indicate what you are missing.
what was the reason for your file to return? Thanks.

Rsk123

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Also, after how many days they have returned your file? My file was reached on May 11 but still no AOR.

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
You're not worse, because you at least have AOR1 already. Check your status through ECAS, using the application number and sponsor's details (refer to your AOR1), so you'll see the status of SA.
Yes you are right. But my case seems quite an outlier.
Received AOR1 on 11th June but nothing since then. Typically applicants get SA approval pretty much immediately after the AOR1
This whole process of handling hardcopies makes me nervous..Too many paper copies, too many rules and too many areas to get screwed up..

Reactions: Umidjon90

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Yes you are right. But my case seems quite an outlier.
Received AOR1 on 11th June but nothing since then. Typically applicants get SA approval pretty much immediately after the AOR1
This whole process of handling hardcopies makes me nervous..Too many paper copies, too many rules and too many areas to get screwed up..
Well the fact that you received an AOR seems to me your application is complete. Did you check SA thru ECA? It should give you a status if it is still in progress. And since you have an AOR to refer to, you can always call or use web form to ask for an update. Eligibility to sponsor is straighforward and direct, so if you are certain about it, then try to call or contact them for an update.

Reactions: nik_on

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know how long it takes to see an update on the GC Key/ECAS after medical was submitted from hospital? Once GCKey is updated, do we get any email notifications?

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know how long it takes to see an update on the GC Key/ECAS after medical was submitted from hospital? Once GCKey is updated, do we get any email notifications?
Best if you check your GCKEY after a couple of days that the hospital submitted the medical.
Hey Everyone,

You’ll only see an update once the hospital/clinic submitted the results and received by visa office. Once received, you’ll get an update in GCKEY about the results, also in ECAS that only says they received your medical. As to how long you’ll get that update? In a couple of days after submission by the hospital. Take note, upon submission, not after the medical was done at the hospital.

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
Best if you check your GCKEY after a couple of days that the hospital submitted the medical.

You’ll only see an update once the hospital/clinic submitted the results and received by visa office. Once received, you’ll get an update in GCKEY about the results, also in ECAS that only says they received your medical. As to how long you’ll get that update? In a couple of days after submission by the hospital. Take note, upon submission, not after the medical was done at the hospital.
Thank You, Just got updated on GCKey. Pending on ECAS.

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
Well the fact that you received an AOR seems to me your application is complete. Did you check SA thru ECA? It should give you a status if it is still in progress. And since you have an AOR to refer to, you can always call or use web form to ask for an update. Eligibility to sponsor is straighforward and direct, so if you are certain about it, then try to call or contact them for an update.
When you say checking through ECA, which URL do you mean first or the second URL below?
Please let me know.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
(I have created login using the file number here and status here is submitted)

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas
As of now shows "In Progress" for both the sponsor and the PA