+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Thank you for the links, very helpful! We just submitted last week and the application was received yesterday. So 10-05-2021 is the start of the wait time for us.
I am outland, my husband has a PR and is in Canada.
Good luck to us all.

FF89

Jul 11, 2019
Guys, this maybe a silly question but how do we receive info on AOR? My application was delivered May 10 by courier.

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
Guys, this maybe a silly question but how do we receive info on AOR? My application was delivered May 10 by courier.
What I have read in this forum, you get email from CIC/IRCC. They will send you letter if you have not specified an email address.

Reactions: FF89

FF89

Jul 11, 2019
What I have read in this forum, you get email from CIC/IRCC. They will send you letter if you have not specified an email address.
So it could either be the SA or the PA? Or do they send it just to the PA?

gouthamj

Dec 31, 2020
Hi,
Below are the details.

Applicants (person being sponsored)
Once your sponsor is found to be eligible, we’ll send you (or your authorized representative, if you have one) an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter with your application number on it. If you provided an e-mail address on your application, this letter will be sent to that e-mail address.

Reference url:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

Reactions: FF89 and Scarpetta

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
How much time it takes after medical passed to process the spousal application?
I think you can check out the excel tracker and check out people who applied way earlier. It gives a pretty good picture of how much time every step should take.

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi All, I need a Few suggestions. I am in canada and a PR. My wife is in India and I am sponsoring her. I have following doubts. It will be very helpful if I can get some suggestions around them.
1) We are not hiring any consultant. I am sending application by myself. So Shall I fill IMM 5476 and Mention myself as a Representative? Is It Neccessary?
2) I am attaching calls logs and whatsapp screenshots from myside (Sponsor), is it ok or these documents should only be from Principal applicant side?
3) Do I have to send one checklist or separate checklist 1 for sponsor and otherone for Principal applicant ?
4) shall check the checkboxes in Checklist which are not relevant to me like "Additional Information about the children" in supporting documents for PA. or shall I leave these empty?

Reactions: KATHIA08