+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi All, I need a Few suggestions. I am in canada and a PR. My wife is in India and I am sponsoring her. I have following doubts. It will be very helpful if I can get some suggestions around them.
1) We are not hiring any consultant. I am sending application by myself. So Shall I fill IMM 5476 and Mention myself as a Representative? Is It Neccessary?
2) I am attaching calls logs and whatsapp screenshots from myside (Sponsor), is it ok or these documents should only be from Principal applicant side?
3) Do I have to send one checklist or separate checklist 1 for sponsor and otherone for Principal applicant ?
4) shall check the checkboxes in Checklist which are not relevant to me like "Additional Information about the children" in supporting documents for PA. or shall I leave these empty?
Hi. I am afraid you may have posted in the wrong thread..you probably want the one that is pinned on top, it's the one that gets viewed the most and your chances of getting an answer from someone who would have been doing this for a while would be higher.. I am afraid I personally can't answer any of the 4 questions, sorry.

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
Hi All, I need a Few suggestions. I am in canada and a PR. My wife is in India and I am sponsoring her. I have following doubts. It will be very helpful if I can get some suggestions around them.
1) We are not hiring any consultant. I am sending application by myself. So Shall I fill IMM 5476 and Mention myself as a Representative? Is It Neccessary?
2) I am attaching calls logs and whatsapp screenshots from myside (Sponsor), is it ok or these documents should only be from Principal applicant side?
3) Do I have to send one checklist or separate checklist 1 for sponsor and otherone for Principal applicant ?
4) shall check the checkboxes in Checklist which are not relevant to me like "Additional Information about the children" in supporting documents for PA. or shall I leave these empty?
I will try to answer but this is how I understood the process and I am not an expert:
1. Not mandatory; it depends and you need to fill out this form only if you want to receive your PA's communications. On the other hand, if you have access to the email account of the PA, I don't think it matters
2. I guess so. The checklist instructs to submit proof of contact of PA with the Sponsor. I don't think it makes a difference if you capture those chats and all from the mobile of the PA or the sponsor
3. One checklist for both
4. If checklist items are not relevant, just mark "Not Applicable"

Reactions: seatobc and aman35

SheedaAmadi

May 31, 2021
Hi guys, has anyone sent application via dhl, was updated at each stage until when package got to Ontario update stopped. How do you know if IRCC has received your package

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi guys, has anyone sent application via dhl, was updated at each stage until when package got to Ontario update stopped. How do you know if IRCC has received your package
It should be DHL's job to ensure your package gets there safely. It's not normal that the updates have stopped. I would recommend that you get in touch with DHL and have them explain where your package is. Hopefully, it's just the website error.

michalm

Star Member
Jan 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi Guys,
After almost 6 months preparing the application, we sent it to Sydney on 5/28. I'm Canadian living abroad.
So far DHL tracking says "Delivery arranged no details expected" with a date of 5/31. Guess we still have to wait before trying to link the application to my online account.
Good luck to everybody on the journey! :)

Reactions: Scarpetta

cb2020

Jun 9, 2020
Hi - I'm back for my 2nd attempt. First application was received Feb 2020 and returned in Sep 2020 because I made a mistake in the application.

New application delivered 17th May 2021. I've had a quick look at the 2021 tracking sheet and it looks like I can expect AOR1 in about another month.

Reactions: michalm

michalm

Star Member
Jan 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi - I'm back for my 2nd attempt. First application was received Feb 2020 and returned in Sep 2020 because I made a mistake in the application.
Good luck, 2nd time has to be charm !

Just wondering, do you know what mistake you made in your application the first time?

cb2020

Jun 9, 2020
Just wondering, do you know what mistake you made in your application the first time?
Yes - I didn't include details for my 21 year old son who had not lived with us, or been dependant on us, for about 2 years. I never considered that he might be considered a dependant child by the rules say that anyone under 22 is a dependant child and must be included. He has since turned 22 (and is not coming to Canada) so I just had to "refresh" the application and re-send,

michalm

Star Member
Jan 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
I never considered that he might be considered a dependant child by the rules say that anyone under 22 is a dependant child and must be included.
Thanks! That's a bummer. Never would've thought that anyone under 22 would be considered as dependent.

Good luck again!

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM

New application delivered 17th May 2021. I've had a quick look at the 2021 tracking sheet and it looks like I can expect AOR1 in about another month.
Hope it works this time. And by the looks of it, it seems that the average time to AOR1 is 35 days now, so hopefully we'll start seeing first May applicants get theirs in just a few days..fingers crossed for everyone!
Good luck with your second attempt!

Dec 9, 2020
Hello guys, Second attempt to send my application Outland.
we sent the first one in February but it was returned without any explanation, we did forget to include a copy of our original non translated marriage certificate, but even though we sent it later they returned our application.
Package received on the 27th of may. Let's hope for the best this time.
Good luck to everyone !